Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 12:28 PM   #1
BBNCGA

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default UMA And Roaming Charges

Please Login to Remove!

I am with T-Mobile and using UMA thru my Earthlink DSL wireless in my home in Georgia. Suddenly inbound and outbound calls thru my UMA are getting charged Roaming Fees. T-Mobile says these calls are being picked up by one of their towers in Pittsburgh and that I was in Pitt making these call and therefore Roaming Charges apply. What? I have never even been to Pittsburgh! Anyone else experience Roaming Charges associated with UMA Wi-Fi calls? Is this an Earthlink DSL issue or a T-Mobile confusion issue? How is this even possible? T-Mobile says there is no possible way for this to occur and that I am in Pittsburgh! Any insights would be much appreciated...thanks!
Old 02-12-2010, 12:42 PM   #2
tjmodz

I would ask them why does it matter where the call is being "picked up" because I didn't think there were any roaming charges in the U.S.?

I use UMA when I'm home because there is no cell service in my area and so far have never been charged any fees for calls made over UMA, but will be checcking my bill a little more closely now. I am on T-Mobile too.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:52 PM   #3
BBNCGA

Thanks TJ! I am on their old Southeast plan. Been with them since the Powertel days. But these are all local Atlanta inbound and outbound calls. I have an unlimited data plan. None of the calls were from or to Pittsburgh. I wonder if it is a Blackberry setting, a DSL issue or a T-Mobile freak out. Kinda think the last one. Unfortunately I am now just keeping UMA turned off.
Closed Thread