BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 02:11 PM   #1
dbw
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Default sporadic email messages

Please Login to Remove!

My Cingular 7290 is suddenly (within the last week) not receiving emails. I have two email addresses--one routes through a secure network, but I've already checked that out. Messages are leaving the server, bypassing my BB and hitting my email box. I do eventually get them, in bulk (last night it was 32) once or twice each day. Used to be that messages arrived on my BB prior to the regular email box.

As background, I haven't changed any settings or done anything differently before--or since--this little snafu began. However, it entirely defeats my purpose of ease-of-access to my emails while on the road. Last week, while traveling, I got to the emails on my laptop in my hotel in the evenings before I got them on my BB.

Sure appreciate help!
Old 07-26-2005, 03:49 PM   #2
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

im on a nextel 7520 and have noticed that as well the past two weeks or so
Old 07-26-2005, 08:02 PM   #3
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon

Same here with a 7250 from Verizon.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 11-15-2006, 01:02 PM   #4
kottsman

Model: 7510

We have this same problem with multiple carriers, (NEXTEL, Cingular, Verizon,) with quite a few BB users in our company. Starting to wonder if it isn't a problem with RIM.

Nextel 7510
PIN 4004BA11
Old 11-20-2006, 10:35 AM   #5
pej
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

My Nextel 7100 has been losing data service (lowercase "l") regularly for the past 3 or 4 days. Re-registering with the network seems to fix it for a while.

We had another Nextel 7520 with the same problem and a call to Nextel support led us to a Master Radio Reset, which didn't help immediately.

I was figuring it was a radio-tower issue in our area, but it seems more wide-spread....
Old 11-20-2006, 11:13 AM   #6
tgray
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: 243b354f
Carrier: AT&T
Default Reports from Cingular users (BES)

I started noticing significant delays in message delivery (anything over 30 seconds to me is considered significant). It started about week or two ago and is still going on. I pulled up the stats for all of our users on our BES and evidence seems to show the issue is more common and noticable with Cingular Orange users as opposed to Cingular Blue or other carriers.

Messages show to be sitting in our pending queue on our BES from 150 to 600 seconds before they hit the handheld. Our BES is functioning normally and the problem does not seem to be on our network side. We also contacted RIM and they advised they are not having any issues either. They advised if it was happening on multiple handhelds of the same carrier, the issue is more than likely a carrier issue. Since for us this seems to be seeing this more on the Cingular Orange side, we contacted Cingular for assistance. I am still waiting to hear back from them. We also have a ticket with RIM to see if they can help us verify this is a carrier issue.

I audited five of our BlackBerries and sent the info to Cingular. I pulled message delivery stats with delivery times for all messages delivered last week. Coverage should not be a major factor since we have great coverage for all the devices audited.

Also, you may be interested to know, I migrated one user from Cingular Blue to Cingular Orange on Friday. Before the migration, she did not seem to have any problems receiving emails. Now that she is converted, she shows frequent delays.

Message delivery delays are sporatic. We may receive a few emails within seconds, then all of a sudden they will be delayed again for a period of time. We have also noticed the same delays in PIN to PIN message delivery.

I am attaching a comma separated txt file of my message logs from this morning.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 11-20-06.txt (934 Bytes, 7 views)
Old 11-21-2006, 10:04 AM   #7
tgray
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: 243b354f
Carrier: AT&T

My Cingular Rep contacted me last night and advised the following:

"I got an email back a moment ago that there is a latency issue going on in our WAP system that is effecting Blackberry delivery. A SIR ticket is open. I'll let you know as I learn more."

I have also attached my message delivery logs for this morning. You can notice a significant delay in message delivery times during the night and this morning. I have been in good coverage the entire time and have not placed or received any phone calls today.

The attachment is a comma separated text file.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 11-21-06.txt (5.1 KB, 4 views)
Closed Thread