BlackBerry Bold 9900 won't launch until September
Old 06-09-2011, 11:05 AM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Default Re: 9900 Delayed.... again

Moved to the Rumor Mill. Been talked about before I think.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 06-09-2011, 11:13 AM   #3
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

The tech blogs are carrying this story this morning. While delays are disappointing, I'd rather both RIM and the carriers get it right rather than release some half-baked model with major flaws.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:47 AM   #4
Preroll
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Class
PIN: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
The tech blogs are carrying this story this morning. While delays are disappointing, I'd rather both RIM and the carriers get it right rather than release some half-baked model with major flaws.
Well, so much for the August 21st announcement the other day. Maybe OS v.7.5 is delaying it. I'm sure if they released it in December there would still be some issues. It seems that it takes people to start using the product to find out the unrealized or overlooked issues. It's unfortunate that you have to pay to be a beta tester when the company should do this testing before release which it seems like in this case they are trying to do with this model. Hopefully it will be pretty solid when it's released.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:27 AM   #5
Thiego-uk

Model: SGS2
Carrier: T-Mobile UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preroll View Post
Well, so much for the August 21st announcement the other day. Maybe OS v.7.5 is delaying it. I'm sure if they released it in December there would still be some issues. It seems that it takes people to start using the product to find out the unrealized or overlooked issues. It's unfortunate that you have to pay to be a beta tester when the company should do this testing before release which it seems like in this case they are trying to do with this model. Hopefully it will be pretty solid when it's released.
I cant agree with you more. I dont know how RIM does their tests but every time something is released it comes with some flaws. Actually, every time a flawed releases come out, they are late.
I am too hopping it will be a solid one now...
Old 06-10-2011, 07:39 AM   #6
devnull
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: I747
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiego-uk View Post
I cant agree with you more. I dont know how RIM does their tests but every time something is released it comes with some flaws. Actually, every time a flawed releases come out, they are late.
I am too hopping it will be a solid one now...
Flawed releases are not unique to RIM. There is no way for a vendor to work out every possible bug. This is why there are patches or updates. I agree some vendors seem to have more flaws than others though.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:31 AM   #7
Thiego-uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
Flawed releases are not unique to RIM. There is no way for a vendor to work out every possible bug. This is why there are patches or updates. I agree some vendors seem to have more flaws than others though.
That is understandable but the thing is have to wait even longer to get something buggy.
I wonder why RIM take so long to release its products. Every company who develops a product is already thinking about a replacement for it when it first get to the market. For them its sort of taking a bit longer...
My previous rant wasnt really about the flaws but for the amount of extra time we wait for its products.
Im a happy BB user but a bit impatient sometimes!
Old 06-14-2011, 03:34 PM   #8
torberry

Model: 9780
Carrier: Pigeon

By the time this device launches RIM shares will be trading at $9.99!

I believe the delay has to do with the massive Playbook boondoggle. Has to go down in history as one of the biggest corporate flops since New Coke.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:36 PM   #9
donovanj
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: att

Quote:
I am starting to loose faith that "getting it right" can actually happen. Rim seems to be getting further and further behind. This is a device that should have been out last year.

I have had my bold 9000 since late 2008 when they came out and it still has major flaws in the software. If I remember right, the 9000 was delayed for quite a long while back in 2008. When they finally released it, the software was beta quality at best.

They need to release this sooner rather than later and invest in a better quality development team so they can have any chance of catching up.

Last edited by donovanj; 06-14-2011 at 03:37 PM..
Old 06-14-2011, 04:24 PM   #10
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370

They should take a page from Apple and institute a beta tester's program. I've been using Mac OSX Lion 10.7 for two months now. The latest Developer's Preview is as stable as Snow Leopard (10.6) and ready for going gold master. The developer community provides invaluable information on issues that come up in real-world use. Corporate quality control always seems to miss a couple major issues. Apple also used the beta testers program to iron out some kinks with the App Store for distributing updates. All in all, a very successful program. And frankly, I think Apple must be doing something right.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:01 AM   #11
Thiego-uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by donovanj View Post
Rim seems to be getting further and further behind. This is a device that should have been out last year.

I have had my bold 9000 since late 2008 when they came out and it still has major flaws in the software. If I remember right, the 9000 was delayed for quite a long while back in 2008. When they finally released it, the software was beta quality at best.

They need to release this sooner rather than later and invest in a better quality development team so they can have any chance of catching up.
My thoughts and I guess everyone else, I wonder why they are lagging behind so much.

Edit: I would say, if they dont start the catching up quick, in 2 years time they probably will be out of the smartphone market, thats for sure.

Last edited by Thiego-uk; 06-15-2011 at 06:02 AM..
Old 06-16-2011, 10:13 AM   #12
Cooper
CrackBerry Addict

Model: PRIV
Carrier: Rogers

I was out last night and got my hands on the 9900. OH MAN this is going to be a slick device.

A little skinnier (width) than the Bold, WAY thinner (it seemed thinner than an iPhone)

Great touch screen, great keyboard and it seemed the trackpad may be a little newer.

I had about 5 minutes with it and yeah, it's ready to go. The only thing that could be holding it back is the software, I'd bet they're in production right now.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:39 PM   #13
jsker
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9930
Carrier: Sprint, Nextel

After today's earnings report and reading the blogs for the last few months, the signs were out there that RIM was lagging behind the rest and now it has caught up with RIM. RIM has been releasing hardware and software without real testing and just throwing a product out there to make there numbers look good. I agree with rambo47 things need to change and change quickly or Rim is going to be a dinosaur.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:56 PM   #14
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Quote:
They should take a page from Apple and institute a beta tester's program. I've been using Mac OSX Lion 10.7 for two months now. The latest Developer's Preview is as stable as Snow Leopard (10.6) and ready for going gold master. The developer community provides invaluable information on issues that come up in real-world use. Corporate quality control always seems to miss a couple major issues. Apple also used the beta testers program to iron out some kinks with the App Store for distributing updates. All in all, a very successful program. And frankly, I think Apple must be doing something right.

I assume you like 10.7? I am not going to upgrade yet. was in a seminar with an Apple consultant who said ride it out for a few months first. Then think about it.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 06-22-2011, 12:40 AM   #15
BigA

Model: iphon
PIN: Prick

Quote:
LMAO!!!

RIM is black-burying carriers with half-baked BlackBerrys

---
Old 06-22-2011, 06:04 AM   #16
smoothadmin

Model: 9860
Carrier: Virgin Mobile Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by donovanj View Post
They are waiting for Apple to release their new iPhone, but I don't think that will help RIM at all as they have spent a lot of money into R&D on the new devices already were as Apple has already R&D the new iPhone which is just waiting for its newer OS. Rumors are circulating the new iPhone will have a 2Ghz CPU, and a 8MP camera that will capture 1080p video...

It might be finally time to turn off BES and get an iPhone. Sadly! :(
Old 06-22-2011, 08:31 AM   #17
JBlue

Model: BOLD
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
What do they have to get right? It is just another iteration with some improved internal components. Same keyboard, similar frame with no innovation. It's quite sad RIM have turned into a company that is known for boring, slow and uncompetitive releases.

Also LOL at your statement about delays as it is total opposite of what the tech blog is saying. However not the first time I have read your comments to be totally wrong.

Last edited by JBlue; 06-22-2011 at 08:33 AM..
Old 06-22-2011, 06:08 PM   #18
dulcamara

Model: 9810
Carrier: ATT

I will probably wait for the 9900 and get one, but it may be my last BB. I'm not sure RIM will be selling phones when my next contract expires in 2013.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:55 AM   #19
stevew
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Z10
Carrier: Koodo Mobile

Ummmm -ya sure. RIM will go the route of Palm shortly...

Get a grip.

RIM is here for a very long time to come.

They are cash rich and have an excellent product/platform. They will eventually get more in touch with their audience and become the top dog once again.

Have you forgotten what happened to Apple in the late 90's and how they were bailed out by Microsoft? They almost died...and now today...look where they are, or were you not not paying attention back then?

Previously owned:
At least 17+ different BB's since 1999 -- too many to list...
Old 06-27-2011, 05:50 AM   #20
Thiego-uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Ummmm -ya sure. RIM will go the route of Palm shortly...

Get a grip.

RIM is here for a very long time to come.

They are cash rich and have an excellent product/platform. They will eventually get more in touch with their audience and become the top dog once again.

Have you forgotten what happened to Apple in the late 90's and how they were bailed out by Microsoft? They almost died...and now today...look where they are, or were you not not paying attention back then?
Ppl often forget stuff.
I agree with you, RIM will probably hit high when QNX plataform get introduced to their smartphones.
The only problem is how long it will take....
Closed Thread