BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 11:48 PM   #1
RogueOne
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular
Default Pearl from TMob to Cing - Ok except for BIS. How to release?

Please Login to Remove!

I bought a second hand TMobile 8100 Pearl to use on Cingular/ATT. All works, but I am blocked on BIS. Need some help please. Details follow

- I unlocked the pearl and have it working on Cingular
- With the help of this forum, I reloaded OS, themes etc...
- I got a enterprise data plan, got the service books pushed, internet etc works
- Got my Enterprise email working fine

The problem is BIS - when I go to setup BIS on CIngular, it says account in use. After research on this forum, I realized that it meant the previous owner setup BIS and still has this setup on their account.

I have then called Cingular BB support (a few times) who have been helpful, but confirmed internally, and with RIM, that only TMobile can fix this, and all others (Cingular, RIM) are powerless.

I have had a few calls with T Mobile, and in short, their default answer is, original owner must delete this feature from their account. Unfortunately, the original owner is not responding to email and I can't contact him any other way. TMob say there isn't anyway they can dissasociate this feature from their account withtout the original account owners OK.

I have reasoned with them I am the owner of the phone now (and can show possession of the phone, box, manuals etc), and that the BIS belongs with the phone - and therefore there must be a way through this.

After a number of calls, > 2 hours on the phone, and went through support tiers within the Blackberry support team within TMob, I didn't get much further than this. The best idea they were willing to work with was that they would call the original owner to confirm with them, but so far, the persons phone is switched off (and no voicemail setup to leave a message). Then the only next step I have is to call support and go through the tiers again to ask them to call again.

Can anyone help on the best approach? Can this only be done through TMob? (and not RIM) Searches through the forum showed the PIN problem with BIS - but maybe not quite like this.

Help please! I have (naturally) the PIN, IMEI, and the original UserID the Tmob user has.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:31 AM   #2
JerryD
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Unfortunately, what T-Mobile has said is correct. The original user must deactivate the account. What they haven't volunteered - and you probably haven't asked - is for them to contact the original user and ask if it's OK to deactivate the PIN on T-Mobile!

Old 03-14-2007, 08:18 PM   #3
RogueOne
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular

Thanks for the suggestion. I got it worked out - not clear exactly how, but when I called T Mobile again, they said just try logging in again, and it all works fine. Don't know if the previous owner fixed it up, or someone at TMobile took pity on me. Either way - all going now! Yeahhhaa!
Closed Thread