BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 09:53 AM   #1
dv64villa

Model: 7290
Default SIM card rejected & Data Connection Refused

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,
I just got a Blackberry 7290 w/ Cingular service. I had a regular mobile phone also with Cingualar service before the BB which had a SIM card which i transferred into the BB in order to get my contacts. I was under the impression that since it was Cingular, i could very well keep using the same SIM on the BB. Until I got the DATA CONNECTION REFUSED message. I did a search and found the following somewhere on this forum:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/arch...php/t-669.html

I thought that maybe during the activation proccess the data service had not been turned on. Then i remembered that i had been asked my eim and pin number from the Cingular rep when activating. Maybe they were linked to the sim card. So i inserted the sim card that came with the BB and that's when i got the "SIM CARD REJECTED" erro. I looked that up and found this (not in this forum, though):

Sim card rejected.

My phone displays "SIM card rejected" or "SIM card unaccepted".
The SIM (subscriber identity module) card is a small card inside your phone that establishes a network connection. The SIM card is provided by your operator or service provider. In most cases, they are the best source of assistance with SIM card problems. Your phone may display a SIM card error message if:

* The SIM card is out of alignment. If the phone has recently been dropped, bumped, or opened, the SIM card may need adjusting. Follow the SIM card installation instructions in your user guide.
* The PUK (Personal Unblocking Key) code is entered incorrectly multiple times. This can inactivate the SIM card. If inactivation appears to be permanent, contact your operator or service provider for a new SIM card.
* You have recently changed service providers. In this case, either your SIM card or your phone may be configured for your previous operator and may require reconfiguring. It may also be that your phone is configured so that it cannot be used with a SIM card from a different operator or service provider. Please contact your current operator or service provider for assistance.

If none of the situations above apply and you continue to receive this error message, your SIM card may be damaged. Please contact your operator or service provider to have the SIM card tested and/or replaced. Or alternately, bring your phone to the nearest Nokia service center for inspection. You can find service center addresses from the drop-down menu at the bottom of Repair.
===============================================

I tried all the things suggested but nothing helped. Has anyone run into this problem and if so, any suggestions? Thank you in advance..

--Dv64Villa
Old 12-15-2005, 10:19 AM   #2
Mantis
Knows Where the Search Button Is

I think everyone has had this problem. I need to call your service provider about your SIM not recognized on their network. Data Connection Refused means the data package wasn't added to your account or they need to check on it.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:35 AM   #3
dv64villa

Thank you, U da Man(tis)
Closed Thread