Old 07-20-2008, 09:35 AM   #1
renegade.black
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
PIN: a bunch of numbers and letters
Carrier: ATT
Default No data services

Please Login to Remove!

It's 7-20-08, southern connecticut, and I have no data services what so ever. I am able to make calls and that's it. When I made a phone call and hung up, I got 2 emails that had been waiting for me and that was it. Anyone else having similar problems? Im calling att right now.

EDIT:Apparently, ATT's call center is completely closed on Sundays, absolutely no one to talk to. I have tried sending service books and it does the typical you will begin receiving messages in 20 minutes spiel and nothing happens. I have done numerous battery pulls and when I go to work in a bit I'm going to ask my co-worker if he's having the same problems.

Last edited by renegade.black; 07-20-2008 at 10:00 AM..
Old 07-20-2008, 10:27 AM   #2
renegade.black

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade.black
It's 7-20-08, southern connecticut, and I have no data services what so ever. I am able to make calls and that's it. When I made a phone call and hung up, I got 2 emails that had been waiting for me and that was it. Anyone else having similar problems? Im calling att right now.

EDIT:Apparently, ATT's call center is completely closed on Sundays, absolutely no one to talk to. I have tried sending service books and it does the typical you will begin receiving messages in 20 minutes spiel and nothing happens. I have done numerous battery pulls and when I go to work in a bit I'm going to ask my co-worker if he's having the same problems.
I found that I apparently can't edit a post from the wap site, but I am at work and I'm not having the same problems. I've had a problem in the past where my phone didn't work on the tower at my house. Nevertheless, I'm just wondering if someone else somewhere may have been having this peoblem or if its just something with my BB. Also, after about 7 minutes of data-traffic interference with my speakers at home, I was able to get one incoming phone call.
Old 07-20-2008, 03:35 PM   #3
SomeUser

Model: 8700
PIN: N/A

I am here in South Minnesota and I've been without EDGE since Friday night...I called ATT CSR and they were not sure what's going on. The CSR representative said that they have some internal messages that there are some problems with the network and they are "working on it".
Old 07-20-2008, 04:10 PM   #4
audit
Whoever

Model: xxxx
Carrier: AT&T

There were some scheduled outages that we posted at http://www.blackberryforums.com/netw...ddle-east.html

I've been fine all weekend and we haven't received any notices via the outages mail list.

Win or Lose... Everyone Has Their Fight
Old 07-20-2008, 08:01 PM   #5
Mist668

Model: 8100
Carrier: At&t

Called att last night(Saturday night). Person described to me that central Pennsylvania and south east pa, New Jersey, and some of Washington, affecting voice and data outages, was down. I can't tether my blackberry to my pc at all here. I even drove to an at&t cellular site to eliminate the signal quality problem. Connection manager will not authorize my connection to tether my blackberry. So who knows whats up.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:53 PM   #6
renegade.black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mist668 View Post
Called att last night(Saturday night). Person described to me that central Pennsylvania and south east pa, New Jersey, and some of Washington, affecting voice and data outages, was down. I can't tether my blackberry to my pc at all here. I even drove to an at&t cellular site to eliminate the signal quality problem. Connection manager will not authorize my connection to tether my blackberry. So who knows whats up.
Are you able to make and receive calls? Also, have you sent service books?
Old 07-20-2008, 09:08 PM   #7
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

renegade, during all you have done, have you rebooted by pulling the battery and replacing?
Old 07-20-2008, 09:24 PM   #8
renegade.black

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
renegade, during all you have done, have you rebooted by pulling the battery and replacing?
Yes, I had. I called the emergency afterhours line at ATT and apparently my IMEI got botched from what they had on record. She returned it to where it was supposed to be, she said that she also ran some updates and all is now fine and dandy.

What I find interesting is that my phone just asked me to turn on/off and showed a picture of removing and replacing the sim card. I told it ok. Any ideas?

And after allowing it to do that, it doesn't work again. Gurr

Last edited by renegade.black; 07-20-2008 at 09:27 PM..
Old 07-20-2008, 09:30 PM   #9
Mist668

Model: 8100
Carrier: At&t

If I try calling my phone with a landline it won't ring at times. When I try to make calls sometimes it rings and other times it says call failed as soon as I press the call button.

Called Att again this morning, they said that PA is still in the yellow area affecting data and voice. Was able to connect with my laptop and tethering, but it was extremely slow. Then it stopped working all together.

Last edited by Mist668; 07-21-2008 at 10:22 AM.. Reason: updating info instead of double posting
Old 07-21-2008, 08:06 PM   #10
renegade.black

I went to the ATT store and the person (whom I always go to, shes by far my favorite) told me that they were having major tower outages in my area. She who also has a blackberry curve said that she was experiencing the same problems that I was.

All is well now.
Closed Thread