Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 09:14 AM   #21
tolwyn
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Please Login to Remove!

Mark,

Just wanted to add my gratitude and congrats on a job well done with this new release of the Pro edition of PocketDay. The world time clocks and currency converters make a great addition to what I normally do.

Keep up the good work,

Cheers!
Old 07-27-2005, 10:12 AM   #22
Soapm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMO

Thanks mark, works great.

I noticed you can enter the fonts and color screen, make changes and exit without saving the changes. If you do your changes don't take effect. You then have to go back in and manually save your changes for them to appear...
Old 07-27-2005, 10:34 AM   #23
vannessa
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7290
Carrier: carrrier

is it free?
Old 07-27-2005, 10:38 AM   #24
cbotd
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7230
Default Not Free

It's $20 usd I believe.

Worth every penny!

No cost upgrades.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:39 AM   #25
Moonshadow
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8130
Carrier: TELUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannessa
is it free?

30 day evaluation is free...after that you need to provide the author with appropriate compensation.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:16 PM   #26
sddroog
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500
Carrier: Vodafone NL

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirsch
Rim doesn't allow access to almost any of it's own config info so I can't get the speeddial information.
Too bad, no problem.
Quote:
A number not in the contact list cannot currently be used.
Is that something you consider adding in a future release?
Quote:
Speeddial settings are saved upon exit from that screen, I can't understand how they could be getting lost.
I just figured it out. You can exit that screen without saving (by not selecting save first in the menu, but just hitting escape). I think the same 'problem' occurs with the 'Colors/Fonts' settings, it does not explicitly ask you to save when you exit that screen with escape.
Quote:
I can't change the phone log warnings, your carrier put them there. You can minimize the initial phone log one by setting the option called 'Hide PD on ESC' in the general settings.
I do that already, thanks. Once again, no problem if it can't be 'fixed', because of some limitations beyond your control.
Quote:
Stocks currently don't show the percentage, but it's already on the 'todo' list. How many stocks do you have listed that they don't fit on a single page? What font are you using?
I have anywhere between 10 and 20 stocks (I change them frequently to only include the stocks relevant to me, otherwise it will never fit), on 2 lines. When I have around 20 or more they won't fit a single screen anymore. Using the BBMilbank 9 font.

Thanks again!
Old 07-27-2005, 12:51 PM   #27
crazycell

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

I am a newbie so please don't flame me.........Is there a field or can you recommend where I can enter a beginning and ending mileage every day when I am on the road? It doesn't have to calculate it for me (total miles) as I can just plug the numbers in my excel spreadsheet on my laptop and it will do it for me. I just don't want to have to write it down every day b/c I sometimes may trash the paper it was on etc.

Thanks.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:05 PM   #28
Bratag
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100T

Crazycell. I would suggest memo pad - or one of the other handango SW for that role. Pocketday is great but is not really meant in the role you listed I feel.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:59 PM   #29
ahovis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

Mark,
You wrote above "Enabled Calendar and Task Notes field to be Active (i.e.. dial if phone number, get Link if URL, etc.)[listCreated a special WAP only version for Corporate users who don't use MDS enabled BlackBerry Enterprise Servers.[/list]To upgrade click on this link Directly FROM YOUR BLACKBERRY (scroll down, highlight the link, hit the Trackwheel and select Get Link) ..."
Where is the link to the special WAP verison as I see no link? Also, I have all functions working on the new version except I am required to log into my BES with a password every few hours as a security precatuion and PocketDay will not update until I do. This is a pain. However, I do not have to log in when gong via my WAP browser. Will changing to the WAP verison solve this problem?
Old 07-27-2005, 03:03 PM   #30
crs

Model: 8800
Carrier: cingular

ahovis,

It may solve the problem. You will have to completely remove the current version and then re-install with the WAP only version. It's only the web site: www.crossriversystems.com/pocketday Look in the Download section

Mark
Old 07-27-2005, 03:10 PM   #31
ahovis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Another question. My biggest gripe with the program (and the reason a co-worker did not purchase) is the fact that so much scrolling is required with the trackwheel. Is there no way to impliment the space bar page down when reading an email in PocketDay or to set function keys to go up/down a page when in long lists of items? Maybe this is a RIM problem but at times I understand the frustration. All in all however, this is the most useful software on my BB.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:14 PM   #32
ahovis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirsch
ahovis,

It may solve the problem. You will have to completely remove the current version and then re-install with the WAP only version. It's only the web site: www.crossriversystems.com/pocketday Look in the Download section

Mark
Been to the download page before but I have no active links but the OTA to download anything! Could be a problem here but other sites seem OK.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:17 PM   #33
twizardt
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7520

Just a Question, is there anyway to get a trial extension??? the trial has expired from the non pro version and wont let me try the pro version.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:45 PM   #34
ahovis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahovis
Been to the download page before but I have no active links but the OTA to download anything! Could be a problem here but other sites seem OK.
Seem all to be there now. Not sure if it was my end or yours. Trying the WAP version now. Will report.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:04 PM   #35
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Mark I downloaded the program today your best work to date. However since I downloaded it and this may just be coincidence but my 1?w wont dial my voice mail it says invalid phone number i have checked it and its right I have deleted it and renetered it and still nothing any ideas? I am running a 7520 newest os Just started today after i loaded this software.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:05 PM   #36
ahovis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahovis
Seem all to be there now. Not sure if it was my end or yours. Trying the WAP version now. Will report.
Works like a charm!! All I did was select my carrier and leave the name and password blank and I get automatic updates with no more need to login. Wonderful!! Thanks again for all the hard work. Just need scroll bars or something to move within the lists of email , and to page within email and it will be perfect for me.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:20 AM   #37
BlackBerry Geek!
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100t

I jus downloaded the "pocketday pro" and it's great, much better than "bbtoday". I'm also wonderin if there is any possible way to share the same registration key? what would likely happen if i were to share key's with another user, is this possible and has any one tried it yet? I'm currently using the 30 day trial so if there's anyone willing to share their key E-MAIL: [email address] thanx!
Old 07-28-2005, 04:59 PM   #38
crs

Model: 8800
Carrier: cingular

BlackBerry Geek,

Sharing 'keys' is not cool and amounts to stealing. They key is tied to the PIN code for your blackberry anyway so you won't be able to.

I work very hard at making a product that people feel is worth the price that I ask for. I think if you ask you will find that everyone here finds tremendous value in what they get with PocketDay.

Mark
Cross River Systems LLC
Old 07-28-2005, 06:53 PM   #39
Bratag
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100T

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBerry Geek!
I jus downloaded the "pocketday pro" and it's great, much better than "bbtoday". I'm also wonderin if there is any possible way to share the same registration key? what would likely happen if i were to share key's with another user, is this possible and has any one tried it yet? I'm currently using the 30 day trial so if there's anyone willing to share their key E-MAIL: [email address] thanx!
Not to bright are ya

This product is worth every single penny and Mark does a great job of supporting it. Stealing it would simply mean that the there is less money to go into support and development.

In other words either buy it - or sod off.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:18 PM   #40
jubrand
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBerry Geek!
Wow.
Closed Thread