Old 03-31-2008, 12:55 PM   #1
RedVR6
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Yahoo Mail Issues via BIS

Please Login to Remove!

Hi guys, just a lurker coming out from under his rock. I posted over on Pinstack too hoping I was not alone with my issue.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone is seeing/having issues with their Yahoo Mail since the maintenance this past weekend. I have been experiencing very slow and sporadic delivery of my Yahoo mail to my BB...yet sending email is instantaneous. Other odd behavior I am seeing, is that my mailbox is not syncing properly with my BB. For example, if I delete an email (in my Yahoo inbox), it is not being deleted on my BB...but deleting an email on my handheld deletes the email in my Yahoo inbox.

I was not having any of these issues prior to the scheduled maintenance this weekend and I have not changed any settings on my phone either. I have followed through all troubleshooting procedures (deleting and recreating my account on the BIS site, resending svc. book numerous times, battery pulls, etc, etc).

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:58 PM   #2
jeremyckitching
BlackBerry B Boy

Model: 9700
PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.

I have been seeing this as well. My e-mails from Yahoo! mail have a 10-15 minute delay on them, much like normal BIS e-mail accounts. They eventually do come in, but no instantaneously like they used to. Gmail is still instantaneous.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:10 PM   #3
RedVR6
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thanks for the reply.

Hmm. OK. Well, at least I am not alone then. Although, my Gmail is behaving the same, but it is not my primary account...so I am not overly concerned. The Yahoo thing is really bugging me. The delay I can live with I guess but the synching is what is really bugging me. I'd love to know what changed over the weekend.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:12 PM   #4
option94
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: 21BFC0A1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Mine still works perfectly. Maybe delete the account and set it up again?
Old 03-31-2008, 01:13 PM   #5
jeremyckitching
BlackBerry B Boy

PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry Pearl 8100)

That's what I recommend. I would delete the accounts from your BIS web site, and delete the service books from your device. Wait 10 minutes and then set the accounts up again. Then send the service books. My Yahoo! Mail is still reconciling properly at least.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:18 PM   #6
RedVR6
Thumbs Must Hurt

I have done that a few times actually (even ran thru BB's support for Yahoo email reconciliation. Although, I have to admit, I did not wait more than 5 minutes to do so. Let me try that and see what happens. Can't hurt trying!
Old 03-31-2008, 01:19 PM   #7
TL_Gator
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Telus

[QUOTE
Anyway, I was wondering if anyone is seeing/having issues with their Yahoo Mail since the maintenance this past weekend. I have been experiencing very slow and sporadic delivery of my Yahoo mail to my BB...yet sending email is instantaneous. Other odd behavior I am seeing, is that my mailbox is not syncing properly with my BB. For example, if I delete an email (in my Yahoo inbox), it is not being deleted on my BB...but deleting an email on my handheld deletes the email in my Yahoo inbox.[/QUOTE]

Same issue here.. approx. 15 minute delay in receiving emails from my yahoo account.. used to be instantaneous. Allo cannot sync if I'm deleting from mailbox, but deleting from blackberry works on mailbox. I've deleted the account, soft reset, resent service books many times but no change...
Old 03-31-2008, 04:24 PM   #8
nabman
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900

I am also having trouble with my yahoo account. Messages sent go through instantaneously, but have not received anything for a while now. Tried all the tricks mentioned in the thread here ...
Old 03-31-2008, 04:28 PM   #9
RedVR6
Thumbs Must Hurt

Yep....Deleted Yahoo out of my BIS acc't (AGAIN!!) and set it back up maybe an hour later. Still having the same issues. It is clear I am not alone with this which is a little reassuring.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:36 PM   #10
melodious

Model: 8100
Carrier: ATT
Default So Annoying!!

I'm having the same problem.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:44 PM   #11
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

I just checked mine, the email hit my BB in under 15 seconds. I'm in NJ on VZW, with a premium Yahoo account.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:53 PM   #12
michaelbron
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: TMO

My Y!Free Mail and Y!Biz Mail is working perfectly. Under 15 Seconds too. About 17 Seconds from California to Alabama. I'm in Alabama with T-mobile. Hadn't had any problems with it since I had my phone for 2 months.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:43 AM   #13
sahiljain22

Model: 8800
Carrier: T-mobile

Same here. I removed and readded the mail account in BIS several times, sent service books, called t-mo, even formatted my phone (and restored from a backup ofcourse!) but it doesnt seem to work.

Changes on the BB are reflected in Yahoo Mail fine.
Changes in Yahoo mail are not reflected in the BB.

I have Yahoo Mail Plus.

I doubt T-Mobile can help here. I will try and see if I can contact Yahoo Mail Plus customer support.

Almost wasted 4-5 hours today doing this :(
Old 04-01-2008, 07:07 AM   #14
Qban Rascal

Model: 9530
Carrier: T-Mo

im also having problems with yahoo plus acct. doing the samething everyones doing deleting accts and resending service books
Old 04-01-2008, 07:16 AM   #15
ArmyGeorge
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 24546662

I have Yahoo and Google accounts...and I see that they all use BB message service. Is that just to send? Maybe this should be a different topic...but I don't understand how I change the message service to Yahoo or Google, and then it resets to BB message service. Thanks,
--Garmin GPS, returned, got BBTracker
--Dalwhinnie Single Malt
Old 04-01-2008, 07:22 AM   #16
RedVR6
Thumbs Must Hurt

I was very spotty last night still and I had a brief notion that possibly upgrading to Yahoo Plus (whatever it is called) would help resolve this issue. But the more I think about it and see, it seems to be a BIS issue. Hmmm.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:30 AM   #17
nabman

Model: 8900

I ran some "tests" ...

a) Sent email from BB using yahoo account to one of my other accounts (tried gmail and optonline) : worked fine. Messages sent almost instantaneously from the yahoo account
b) Sent email from gmail account to yahoo account (via BB) : worked sometimes
c) Sent email from gmail account to optonline account (via BB) : worked fine
d) Sent email from yahoo account to same account (i.e. same yahoo account) : *never* worked - even if its only a cc
e) Checked functioning of trial d) above DIRECTLY from Yahoo's web interface. Same problem.

??
Old 04-01-2008, 08:38 AM   #18
RedVR6
Thumbs Must Hurt

Not to beat a dead horse. But looking on the support pages in hope of finding another solution, BB has the following stated:

Quote:
When an email message is deleted from Yahoo! Mail, a notification is triggered and the BlackBerry smartphone is updated right away. When an email message is deleted on the BlackBerry smartphone, it can take up to an hour for the delete to be reflected in Yahoo! Mail.

Full two-way immediate synchronization of message status (read and unread) now supported to and from the Yahoo! Mail inbox. For example, if a BlackBerry smartphone user reads an email message from a Yahoo! Mail inbox, the email message is automatically marked as read on the BlackBerry smartphone as well.
Pretty much the complete opposite of what is being experienced except that the handheld is not being updated.

Last edited by RedVR6; 04-01-2008 at 08:45 AM..
Old 04-01-2008, 11:53 AM   #19
TL_Gator
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Telus

Seems a bit better today... yahoo messages are coming to my BB in approx. 3-6 minutes... deleting from yahoo site will be reflected on my BB in about 5-10 minutes.

However, before the weekend, emails would come in instantaneously, and deleting from the yahoo site would be reflected on my BB in a matter of seconds.

So its better than yesterday, but not up to par as it was before the weekend. I'll let it be for a few days... I'm tired of deleting account, sending service books, soft reset, etc...

I wonder if this is a BIS RIM problem or a yahoo problem???
Old 04-01-2008, 12:12 PM   #20
RedVR6
Thumbs Must Hurt

Agreed. Will see how it progresses over the next few days. Although, it should be instant as stated above. It is a little better today...but my synch. is still backwards.
Closed Thread