Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 04:25 PM   #41
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Unhappy

Please Login to Remove!

If you use Verizon, the protocol is 3 to 5 days on fixing a problem. I have not seen this problem mentioned in any other forums. Anyone disagree?
Old 08-01-2006, 04:38 PM   #42
rsaverin
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700c

I suggest everybody call your carrier's BlackBerry Support and make them call RIM while you are on the phone and then you can talk to RIM yourseld and explain & complain about the problem(EMAIL BLANK BODY). This is the only way to contact RIM, it must be through each of the individual carriers (Cingular, Verizon, etc)
The more people complain to RIM the faster they will resolve this really anoying issue !

Last edited by rsaverin; 08-01-2006 at 04:42 PM..
Old 08-01-2006, 05:36 PM   #43
Jzalu

Model: 7250
Post Telus

I have been on the phone with Telus. They weren't aware of the issue but they assured me that their higher level techs will solve this issue. I have found that it isn't specifically HTML emails but email sent from email subscription based services, such as; *CCNMatthews and newswire

*sorry can't hyperlink until 10 posts

Also I have found if the messages are forwarded from an email client (Outlook, Thunderbird, etc) the Body of the email is viewable, even when sending in HTML format. Could this be a service provider filtering issue? I don't know, but it obviously is something that has changed in the past few days.

I agree with rsaverin - Call your service provider. It is their responsibility.

Last edited by Jzalu; 08-01-2006 at 05:45 PM..
Old 08-01-2006, 11:15 PM   #44
ernchow

Model: 7100g
PIN: oracle
Carrier: CSL

I suggest everyone remove your email account integrated in BIS2.0 and set up a forwarding rule in email client to forward incoming email to your Blackberry email address for work around.

BTW, RIM admits it is their problem but still no timeline provided of when they can fix it. One point, I don't understand.... RIM has been deployed Blackberry for ages why there is still so many problem and now they want to develop it in Asia market. I think their system/support team are not mature/stable enough to spread out into a large market. They should test through everything before upgrade their system......
Old 08-02-2006, 07:34 AM   #45
King_Aero

Model: 7520

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernchow
I suggest everyone remove your email account integrated in BIS2.0 and set up a forwarding rule in email client to forward incoming email to your Blackberry email address for work around.
I don't think this works. Our users are currently setup that way and we still experience the issue. I.e. Their Lotus Notes client forwards to their blackberry account.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:46 AM   #46
cohiba smoker
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm
Carrier: VZ

This problem is not affecting all of the Blackberries in our company. a work around for me is to let Redirector push my internal mail to my bb. big problem with that is attachments are not an option. oddities that I have found: if a message comes from someone within my company via a pc, no body. if it comes to me via their BB, the body is there. If I get an email to my work addr via someone outside our company, body is there. All personal email accts work fine.
Nextel will not help me with this.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:01 AM   #47
jwolf

Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohiba smoker
This problem is not affecting all of the Blackberries in our company. a work around for me is to let Redirector push my internal mail to my bb. big problem with that is attachments are not an option. oddities that I have found: if a message comes from someone within my company via a pc, no body. if it comes to me via their BB, the body is there. If I get an email to my work addr via someone outside our company, body is there. All personal email accts work fine.
Nextel will not help me with this.
Perhaps the reason why the message body is not appearing when the messages are sent from the pc is because the pc email client (outlook?) is more than likely configured to compose messages in html, not text.

The only problems I am having with my bb (8700c) regarding message bodys missing happen when I receive HTML email.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:26 AM   #48
cohiba smoker
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm
Carrier: VZ
Angry html

Html does not seem to be an issue. Internally I don't gt plain text. Externally I can receive html. I have tested this with outlook, both internal and external. I also switched my sim card to another 7520 and have the same issue. But there are still others in my company with. 7100 and 7520 that are not affected.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:00 AM   #49
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

From what I read above, I take it that pushing the e-mail to the blackberry will not work in this situation for BIS 2.0 users?
Old 08-02-2006, 12:01 PM   #50
udontknowjack
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: T-Mobile

I found RIMs KB-04171, Livelink - Redirection addresses this specific problem. The only thing mentioned in this article that might make sense is the BES being low on disk space. Is it possible some of the carriers BIS servers are low on disk space.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:14 PM   #51
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Any further news on this? Any progress?
Old 08-02-2006, 04:20 PM   #52
platbb5

Model: 8320
Carrier: t-mobile

I'm still having the problem. It seems to apply only to messages sent to my hotmail plus account. Email sent to my other POP accounts seems to be coming through correctly.

As for the problematic Hotmail messages, it seems to be about 50% of them that come through with the sender name and Subject correct, yet a totally empty message body. Upon viewing with my desktop computer, those hotmail messages are indeed text only-no HTML.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:16 PM   #53
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

I am trying to push the e-mail to the blackberry and she what happens. So far 1 for 1.

Anyone have the problem and now the problem is resolved?
Old 08-02-2006, 11:00 PM   #54
ernchow

Model: 7100g
PIN: oracle
Carrier: CSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Aero
I don't think this works. Our users are currently setup that way and we still experience the issue. I.e. Their Lotus Notes client forwards to their blackberry account.
Forwarding can temp solved this problem for our users and we use Exchange 2003. BTW, forwarding rule is setup in server not client.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:25 AM   #55
jtmeyers

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular
Default Update

I'm seeing the same thing with one of my two devices. My Cingular 8700 appears to be working perfectly. My Cingular 7100 is experiencing the issue under certain circumstances. It is only happening on replies to that user. For example--7100 sends message to 8700. 8700 replies. 7100 receives blank message. All other inbound mail to that device appears to be received correctly.

Called Cingular and spent an hour on the phone with Cingular Data Services Support. He conferenced in RIM. RIM says they are aware of the issue but have no eta for resolution. The gathered as much information as possible from me regarding the situation (including asking for OWA user id's and passwords!!!! - I refused.) The RIM case number is 2948806.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:28 PM   #56
dbbrady

Default Missing email body

I have just spent an hour or two with Cingular and finally RIM, although not sure I am any further forward. RIM say thay have had a "few" issues like the ones we are all describing and their diagnosis for me is a problem in my BB outlook receiving rich text or HTML messages. Plain text it handles okay.
RIM have no idea why this is happening but will investigate and contact me once they no more. Likely to be Monday 8/8??? RIM will not give a direct contact number but advise you call your service provider and they will patch you through. Best I could get was a RIM case number.

Still feeling fobbed off!

David
Old 08-03-2006, 03:39 PM   #57
jamesn

Model: 7290
Carrier: T-Mobile

I am having a similar issue, however it is only with email that is being "pushed" to my BB. Email sent through POP/IMAP and accessed by my BB is fine. It seems to be only happening with my direct link to yahoo.com email.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:47 PM   #58
Trindy

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Our problem is a little bit different. We arent able to see the message in any email sent from our domain. If someone from Comast or AOL (for example) sends me an email, I'll be able to see it just fine. If the guy in the office next door sends me an email there is no body when viewed on the BB but in Outlook the message is fine. If I forward one of those blank emails straight from my BB to my home email account the message body appears but with a bunch of =0A='s all over it. Nobody seems to know what the =A0= means.
Old 08-03-2006, 05:02 PM   #59
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8330
PIN: S AND NEEDLES
Carrier: VZW

I too am having this problem. Verizon, with 7130e, using BIS. appears to not be html related. very inconsistent in that I get the mail body from some people in my co but not others. Same time frame for the failures. With all these varied responses, it seems the common denominator is RIM....
Old 08-03-2006, 05:32 PM   #60
Trindy

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Has anybody else noticed their time being wrong? It probably has nothing at all to do with it but a few days ago (around the same time our emails started getting messed up) I noticed that the time was all of a sudden 12 minutes fast.
Closed Thread