BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 04:17 PM   #1
Jagga
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Z10
Carrier: Lord Rogers - 107
Exclamation Firmware Downloads - Common RIM!!

Please Login to Remove!

Ok,

I just switched to Mac and all night when I intentionally tried to downgrade my Bold 9700's 5.0.423 leaked firmware to .351 standard for my carrier using Parallels WinXP I botched my Bold. I'm no stranger to recovering it but after trying Loader.exe (part of BBDM), and even JL_Cmdr_2 (the 1.9.0 release) and wiping and trying to reinstall NOTHING worked! Yes I can switch the drivers from Mac OS 10.6.3 to the Parallels VM for WinXP Sp3 either on the fly OR directly upon connection.

The issue lasted ALL night; regardless of any manner of attempts to recover my 9700, the device would NOT re-initialize during the RAM upload process (the first reboot) only the Solid Roxanne would show (red light ppl) ... and when remained connected would not even fully load to 507 Error UNLESS I disconnected and reseated the Battery.

Funny enough ... RIM makes the BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Mac OS X and its a SOLID piece of kit ... IT actually SAVED my Bold 9700 back to a workable state!! This Mac earned its future life just due to spending ALL night trying to figure this out. Having being high on T3's due to dental surgery may have clouded my mind during the 5hrs though, hehe.

Basically getting to my point ....

WHY or WHY does RIM only have .exe FW files available for download to be installed from their site or from carriers YET cannot be loaded by Mac BBDM version?! Whats also strange is their web for AppLoader doesn't work in Safari/FF for Mac ... yet strangely enough BBDM for Mac CAN download via internet directly to load only official & standard firmware?!?!!???!!!!

THis is VERY annoying for us that have unlocked BB's from 1 carrier and use on another.

I really hope RIM clarifies this issue and FAST!
Closed Thread