Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 11:55 AM   #1
BerryCool
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: T-Mobile
Lightbulb Ascendo DataVault Version 4

Please Login to Remove!

We have released version 4 of Ascendo DataVault, our Secure Passwords Manager for BlackBerry. DataVault stores confidential information like logins, credit card numbers, PINs, etc. using advanced encryption.

Skip to description of V4.1 improvements.
Skip to description of V4.2 improvements.
Skip to description of V4.3 improvements.
Skip to description of V4.4 improvements.

We have added many new features including:
  • Implemented xxx8220;Roll & Scrollxxx8221; feature on BlackBerry. Scroll vertically down list of Items. Scroll horizontally across fields.
  • Added Option on BlackBerry & Desktop to select font type, style and size.
  • Added Option on BlackBerry & Desktop to select screen colors.
  • Implemented Option on BlackBerry to select how many fields to display in List View.
  • Enhanced Tree View by adding xxx8220;Expand/Collapse Allxxx8221; menu selection, and option to remember "Last" tree formation when exiting application., shortcuts, etc.
  • Added Duplicate Item feature to BlackBerry & Desktop for quicker data entry.
  • Implemented Export to DataVault Exchange (*.dvx) file on Desktop to create encrypted, password protected files for sharing with colleagues, spouses, etc.
  • Implemented display mode on Desktop in addition to edit mode.
  • Added Hide/Show details button to close right hand panel and maximize screen space to display fields in List View.
  • Improved button placement for Save Item, Save Template, Cancel, etc.
We have improved many features from the previous version including:
  • Tree View & List View on BlackBerry and desktop.
  • AES encryption for storing, exporting and backing-up data.
  • Synchronization between Ascendo DataVault for BlackBerry and Ascendo DataVault Desktop including conflict resolution.
  • Numerous security options like timeouts, password generator, password hint, etc.
  • Data Importing with field mapping from text files (*.csv, .txt), DataVault Exchange files (*.dvx), Cryptmagic, Minisafe, Splash ID, EWallet.
  • Unlimited Categories, Types, Templates.
Click here for a complete product description or to download DataVault with free trial period.

Best,
Marc
Ascendo Inc.
Ascendo DataVault - Password Manager for BlackBerry

Last edited by BerryCool; 11-20-2008 at 10:31 AM..
Old 08-31-2007, 12:04 PM   #2
ceschab
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: AT&T

I have v 3.55. What is the upgrade policy?
Old 08-31-2007, 12:14 PM   #3
Horizon Wireless
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 9920
PIN: 3218B513
Carrier: ROGERS AND FIDO

same here, i bought the older version about two months ago how can i upgrade??
Old 08-31-2007, 01:45 PM   #4
BerryCool
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceschab View Post
I have v 3.55. What is the upgrade policy?
For information on upgrades, please contact the distributor that you bought Ascendo DataVault from. A list of distributors can be found on our FAQ page: Ascendo DataVault Frequently Asked Questions

If you have any trouble, please send an email to [email address]

Marc
Ascendo Inc.

Last edited by BerryCool; 11-09-2007 at 09:41 AM..
Old 09-02-2007, 05:43 AM   #5
Horizon Wireless
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 9920
PIN: 3218B513
Carrier: ROGERS AND FIDO

Hi, just for the record. I was using version 3.55, i really liked that. I just upgraded to the new version, and its fantastic. They are very fast and good with thier customer service. Thank you so much for everything Marc.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:20 PM   #6
BerryCool
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Version 4.1 Improvements

Here is a list of things that we added or improved in Version 4.1 of DataVault.
  • Improved navigation on BlackBerry so that clicking on an item opens the details screen. The menu is still available by clicking on the BlackBerry key.
  • Added Option on BlackBerry to hide header in List View.
  • Added Option on BlackBerry to hide Category & Type filters in List view.
  • Improved Option on BlackBerry to display skins so that user can choose to show Top, Bottom, Both or None.
  • Added Option on BlackBerry to anchor Item name when scrolling horizontally in List view.
  • Implemented Auto-Display to Tree View on BlackBerry so that when search list of items reduces to 1, the details screen is automatically displayed.
  • Added shortcuts on Desktop; Ctrl-L (switch to List View), Ctrl-T (switch to Tree View), Ctrl-E (Edit), Ctrl-Shift-E (Expand Tree), Ctrl-Shift-C (Collapse Tree), Alt-V H (Hide details panel).
  • Added shortcuts on BlackBerry item details screen, N = next item, P = previous item, E = switch to edit mode.
  • Implemented "Save, Discard, Cancel" dialog box to BlackBerry item Edit screen.
  • Implemented Logout button to Desktop.
  • Added Option on BlackBerry to choose between folder icons and "+/-" in Tree View.
  • Implemented Import BlackBerry Memo feature.
  • Fixed several bugs; initiate call from field with telephone number, tree view error message when clicking Escape in search field, etc.
Click here for a complete product description or to download DataVault with free trial period.

Marc
Ascendo Inc.

Last edited by BerryCool; 11-09-2007 at 02:41 PM..
Old 09-14-2007, 12:43 PM   #7
BerryCool
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Ascendo DataVault Version 4.2 Improvements

Here is a list of things that we added or improved in Version 4.2 of DataVault.
  • Implemented export to DataVault Exchange Format (*.dvx) to create files of items in encrypted, password protected format for sharing with colleagues, family, friends, etc.
  • Added support for Firefox when using auto-fill for web forms and auto-add to create DataVault items from web forms.
  • Implemented DataVault Toolbars in Firefox & Internet Explorer to auto-fill forms, save to DataVault items and generate passwords.
  • Added ability to create desktop shortcuts that start Internet Explorer or Firefox, go to web sites, and automatically login.
  • Implemented Encrypt/Decrypt email on BlackBerry using DataVault. See new menu options when Composing Email with standard BlackBerry email client.
  • Enhanced desktop List View to display all 10 fields and Notes when using Hide Details option (see below).
  • Improved Tree navigation with one-click expand/collapse for Categories & Types, and one-click view details for Items.
  • Added Copy-to-Clipboard on BlackBerry for field values in View Item screen. Can be called from screen menu or invoked using c-key shortcut.
  • Eliminated mandatory category/type selection when adding Item in DataVault Desktop. Stores items in Unfiled folder by default.
  • Added ability to clear search field on BlackBerry with Escape key.
  • Added color selection for desktop, List View, highlighted row (see below).
  • Adding Item while detail panel is hidden switches to Edit mode instead of View mode. Clicking on Cancel removes Item.
  • Enhanced several desktop UI elements including View mode field spacing, details panel background color, bottom row button ordering (see below).
  • Added Logout button to Desktop.
  • Added data import from CodeWallet Pro, Flex Wallet & Handy Safe in addition to import from CSV, TXT, Cryptmagic, SplashID & Minisafe.
  • Improved importing from Illium eWallet.
  • Fixed several bugs including desktop window resize, desktop add/delete category, desktop restore Cancel, IE7 script errors.
  • Added extended trial sessions when trial period is over.

Marc
Ascendo Inc.

Last edited by BerryCool; 11-09-2007 at 02:42 PM..
Old 09-21-2007, 01:37 PM   #8
CrackRJack

Model: 8700
Carrier: Cingular
Default Encrypting emails

If I use DataVault to Encrypt an email, how does the person receiving the email Decrypt it?

CRJ
Old 09-28-2007, 01:04 PM   #9
BerryCool
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackRJack View Post
If I use DataVault to Encrypt an email, how does the person receiving the email Decrypt it?

CRJ
Hi CRJ,

The receiver needs to have DataVault installed on their BlackBerry. To decrypt an email, open it using the BlackBerry email client and select "Decrypt with DataVault" from the menu. When prompted, enter the password used to encrypt the message. See online user guide for detailed explanation.

Features like email encryption and export/import to DVX require DataVault on both handsets. We offer discounts starting at 2 copies up to corporate licensing. Please write to [email address] for more information.

Marc
Ascendo Inc.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:25 PM   #10
rdj

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint

Grrr... there doesn't seem to be a way to duplicate a template in the latest DataVault (on the Blackberry). That kinda makes it tough to create a "slight variation" on an existing template which anyone who is a template "power user" would want to be doing.

-^-rdj-^-
Old 10-30-2007, 04:01 PM   #11
bbkingrocks

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon
Default Duplicate templates

You're right, looks like the BB version is missing an option to save a template.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:41 PM   #12
BerryCool
Thumbs Must Hurt

Hi rdj and bbkingrocks,

You are correct, we do not support creating new templates using Version 4.2 of DataVault for BlackBerry. However, you can create, modify and save templates using DataVault Desktop and sync them with DataVault for BlackBerry.

Being able to create templates on your BlackBerry seems like a good idea. We will discuss adding it to future versions.

Marc
Ascendo Inc.

Old 11-09-2007, 02:37 PM   #13
BerryCool
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Ascendo DataVault Version 4.3 Improvements

Here is a list of things that we added or improved in Version 4.3 of DataVault.
  • Implemented web form auto-fill on BlackBerry in addition to Desktop. Automatically open BlackBerry Browser and fill form fields like username, password, etc. for items stored in DataVault.
  • Implemented secure send/receive using Blue Tooth. Now you can "beam" items to colleagues & family members in an encrypted, password protected format.
  • Improved Desktop Browser Integration. Added support for additional form types when using auto-fill and auto-login with Firefox and Internet Explorer. See below.
  • Improved "Save Forms" option in DataVault Desktop toolbar for Firefox and Internet Explorer.
  • Added auto-fill and auto-login support for multiple items from a single domain. For example, logging into several Gmail accounts from within DataVault.
  • Added icons and slider bars to "Web Items" options in DataVault toolbar for Firefox and Internet Explorer.
  • Improved item selection on Desktop to include Current Item, Selected Items and All Items when creating DataVault Exchange files for sharing items.
  • Implemented send/receive items by email in DataVault Exchange format on BlackBerry.
  • Improved user guide significantly and added an online version in addition to PDF version.
  • Added Desktop Logout so user can hide DataVault application window and return to master password prompt.
  • Added "Save Template" option to BlackBerry in addition to Desktop.
  • Implement "Mask/Unmask All" feature on Desktop.
  • Added Desktop option to Show/Not Show background image in List/Tree View.
  • Improved Password Generator options on Desktop to include; Letters and/or Numbers, Uppercase and/or Lowercase & Spaces in addition to Length and Punctuation Marks.
  • Implemented master password hint on BlackBerry.
  • Added option to move items to un-filed folder when deleting a Category or Type on Desktop.
  • Enhanced Tree View on BlackBerry to display all relevant Categories and Types when searching.
  • Added cut & paste support for notes field on Desktop.
  • Improved notes field scrolling on Desktop.
  • Added option to set master password to mask or unmask by default.
  • Added screen keyboard option for master password window to fool key loggers.
  • Improved usability of Windows desktop shortcuts created with DataVault to automatically log in to web sites.
  • Added ability to send item in an unencrypted email in addition to encrypted, password protected email.
  • Enhanced usability of DataVault Desktop; improved window resizing, more menu choices, better prompt explanations, improvements to item details display, drag & drop scrolling, tree navigation, etc.
  • Enhanced usability of DataVault for BlackBerry; better tree navigation, improved menu labels, etc.
  • Improved layout of Desktop Options window.
  • Simplified desktop registration process; same key for BlackBerry and Desktop, Register Later button.
  • Improved data import from CodeWallet, Illium eWallet, SplashID for Mac & Chapura Turbo Passwords.
  • Added data import from Roboform.
  • Improved Application Icon.

Marc
Ascendo Inc.

Last edited by BerryCool; 11-12-2007 at 10:49 PM..
Old 11-09-2007, 10:32 PM   #14
bbkingrocks

Model: 8330
Default Datavault 4.3 Issues

Great product however there may be an issue with 4.3. I installed it on my laptop (running xp). Subsequently, any typing in the search bar causes cpu utilization to go to 100% and display of the search text to significantly lag the typing. I then uninstalled 4.3 figuring I would go back to 4.22 until this issue was resolved and now my registration code is not recognized so I have no access to the data on the laptop. However, 4.3 on the BB seems to be okay. Any suggestions appreciated.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:04 PM   #15
kurichan
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon BIS / BES

Using the trial - seems very advanced and polished...

Suggestions

- option to remove encrypt/decrypt menu items from BB (zero interest in this)
- and the BIG DADDY - the only thing that would get me to even consider buying this app is OTA sync of the database via BES, Exchange or some other path.

I suspect the last one is technologically impossible for now so I guess I'm sticking with good ole BB Password Keeper...

(I am not going back to the stone age by hooking up my BB to a PC to sync my password database - this is a FATAL flaw of all these 3rd party password keeper packages...)

Finally and least importantly, your BB and desktop icon seems archaic relative to the advanced development state of your app. A little anti-aliasing would go a LONG way. It's the only eyesore on my home screen... (petty gripe)
9630 #4 < 9630 #3 < 9630 #2 < 9630 < 9530 (returned) < 8703 < 7250

Last edited by kurichan; 11-10-2007 at 10:26 PM..
Old 11-10-2007, 11:00 PM   #16
DeadRinga
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VZW

upgraded to 4.3 from 4.2 on my bb went fine... but the desktop version does not like the registration # i was given for it. "Registration code is invalid!"
Old 11-12-2007, 10:49 PM   #17
BerryCool
Thumbs Must Hurt

Hi BBKingRocks & DeadRinga,

I am sending you private messages now.

Please try to use our support emails for these types of issues.
Technical Support: [email address]
Other Issues, ie registration keys: [email address]

Thanks,
Marc
Ascendo Inc.

Last edited by BerryCool; 11-12-2007 at 10:55 PM..
Old 11-13-2007, 12:50 AM   #18
DaBlackberryBoy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9850
PIN: URADUMAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurichan View Post
...- and the BIG DADDY - the only thing that would get me to even consider buying this app is OTA sync of the database via BES, Exchange or some other path.
Maybe DV should talk to RexWireless and see if they could collab or something. RexWireless has todoMatrix and ideaMatrix that OTA sync automatically and can be manually requested as well, but they add a level of security via encryption and other things to make for secure products. I like the quality that both companies put out and hope that we continue to see good stuff!
Old 11-20-2007, 04:39 PM   #19
BerryCool
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurichan View Post
Using the trial - seems very advanced and polished...

Suggestions
- option to remove encrypt/decrypt menu items from BB (zero interest in this)
- and the BIG DADDY - the only thing that would get me to even consider buying this app is OTA sync of the database via BES, Exchange or some other path.
...your BB and desktop icon seems archaic relative to the advanced development state of your app. A little anti-aliasing would go a LONG way. It's the only eyesore on my home screen... (petty gripe)
Hi Kurichan,

<<option to remove encrypt/decrypt menu items from BB>>
We added this to latest version. Go to list/tree view, click on BlackBerry menu key or track wheel, select Options from menu then change "Encrypt Email Menu Options" to "Don't Show". You will need to do a hard reset for this to take effect.

<<BIG DADDY - OTA Sync of databases>>
We are looking into this.

<<BB and desktop icon seems archaic relative to the advanced development state of your app>>
We improved the BB and Desktop application icons in the latest version, see below.

Marc
Ascendo Inc.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:26 PM   #20
kurichan
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon BIS / BES

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerryCool View Post
Hi Kurichan,

<<option to remove encrypt/decrypt menu items from BB>>
We added this to latest version. Go to list/tree view, click on BlackBerry menu key or track wheel, select Options from menu then change "Encrypt Email Menu Options" to "Don't Show". You will need to do a hard reset for this to take effect.

<<BIG DADDY - OTA Sync of databases>>
We are looking into this.

<<BB and desktop icon seems archaic relative to the advanced development state of your app>>
We improved the BB and Desktop application icons in the latest version, see below.
Absolutely, spectacularly amazing responsiveness. Talk about customer driven software building... Thank you.

I'll download the new version and check it out!

EDIT: Downloaded. The icon is gorgeous. I turned off the e-mail encryption menu option and did a hard reboot but the menu items are still there. Will try again... (8703 4.2.1)
9630 #4 < 9630 #3 < 9630 #2 < 9630 < 9530 (returned) < 8703 < 7250

Last edited by kurichan; 11-20-2007 at 05:49 PM..
Closed Thread