BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 11:31 AM   #1
kieron
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7230
Default An annoyance or two.

Please Login to Remove!

Been using my 7230 for a couple of weeks now, and although there are a few niggles I really do like it and it's functionality.

However, a couple of point bug me, a lot. I'm just wondering if they happen to others, and if anyone knows of how to stop them.

The first:

This only happened after the first week or so, but now when I lock the BB on the display shows the task icon on the top, just left of the time display. Now, when I unlock the BB and do my normal stuff, it's not there. I also have zero tasks in my Outlook task list.

Any ideas on how I can get rid of this?

The second:

When the BB is holstered, and I receive a mail and vibration, I'll remove the BB and unlock. Upon unlocking, the BB will display the email I've just been sent directly, I don't have to open it from the email screen - I don't like this. Saying this, it doesn't always do it either. Occassionally I can remove from holster, unlock, and see my mails and the new one at the top to open up.

Any info appreciated folks, thanks in advance.
Kieron.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:43 AM   #2
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!
Carrier: AT&T

you mail being "opened" upon removal from the holster is dependent on how long it takes to remove from the holster. After a programed in time, in seconds, you mail will not open when you remove your device from the holster.

Many have expressed a dislike for this "opening" feature.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:50 AM   #3
kieron

Thanks for the quick reply. I take it that there is no way of disabling this, then? Do you know what the 'programmed time' is?

Cheers.
Kieron.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:52 AM   #4
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Thats what I like about the device. When I get an alert I can pull it out of the holster if I choose because I know if its a pin or email so If i get pinned I pull out and its deisplayed right there.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:43 PM   #5
kieron

That's fair enough, but on the flip side if you've received a mail from a work colleague you don't wish to answer just yet and he/she has requested a read receipt, as soon as I remove the BB from the holster the mail is opened and read receipt sent back to the originator.

See my point?
Old 06-10-2005, 02:13 PM   #6
Dawg
No longer Registered.

ok so it shows it was displayed not read. I get responses all the time to emails that show they read them because there program was open didnt mean they read them I wait for a true response back from them.
Old 06-10-2005, 02:14 PM   #7
kieron

Yea, that's all well and good, but this should surely be an option that can be disabled?
Old 06-10-2005, 02:21 PM   #8
Dr Xavier

Set outlook to never send a read reciept
Tool-->options-->preferences-->email options-->tracking options--->never send a response.
Old 06-10-2005, 02:49 PM   #9
kieron

Doesn't matter if that's set, the BB sends them anyway. But this is detracting from the actual issue of this 'feature' - quite bizarre, I think.

I'd be interested to know what the 'programmed time' is for removing from the holster... but to be fair, how quick/slow can you actually remove the device from your holster anyway?

Does anyone have any idea about my second query? Maybe a bug?

Quote:
This only happened after the first week or so, but now when I lock the BB on the display shows the task icon on the top, just left of the time display. Now, when I unlock the BB and do my normal stuff, it's not there. I also have zero tasks in my Outlook task list.

Any ideas on how I can get rid of this?

Thanks for the replies folks.
Old 06-14-2005, 01:21 PM   #10
Dawg
No longer Registered.

I saw this on mine today for the first time its a browser reminder maybe you have something pushed to the BB itself I have weather from mobile.blackberry.com
Closed Thread