Old 03-13-2009, 07:12 PM   #1
j_hamblin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
PIN: ask! ;)
Carrier: Alltel
Default Bmt Grrrr

Please Login to Remove!

So I go to BMT (Basic military training) for the AF, well when I get there just as expected my MTI takes my phone away, good enough I was expecting that, excited to finally get my phone back 8.5 weeks without it, I find that the envelope that everything was in is WET!!! along with about 5 other AMN's phones!!! So I plug in my battery and try to turn it on expecting it to not work because the battery is obviously not in good condition. Of course it didnt work So i say to my self oh well I will get one at the airport on my way to tech school in Maryland, well the flight was delayed so the 2 hour lay over that we were going to have turned into about a 45 min layover, I get to the Dallas airport from San Antonio and stop at a wireless electronics store, guess what they dont have it! so as I'm running to my gate because I have -5 minutes to get there I see another electronic store on the way, well I sure as heck couldnt stop there so I had to just keep on going, Now Im sitting here in my dorm at tech school waiting until I get the chance to go and buy a new one!!! GRRRRR Not to mention my debit card expired while I was in BMT so since I have a local credit union (UTAH) I didnt have access to my money for a couple days, But on a good note I am going to washington DC tomorrow and I think I will have luck finding somewhere to buy one there! Oh well just needed to vent!

Curve 8330
Old 03-13-2009, 07:37 PM   #2
koleary19067
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: STORM
PIN: MOBILE
Carrier: VERIZON

good luck. you will get one in dc
Old 03-13-2009, 09:09 PM   #3
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Wirelessly posted (Its All About the U!)

Definitely a thread for this forum section.

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 03-13-2009, 09:43 PM   #4
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

I'm sorry that happened, but you have no one to blame but yourself. You knew you couldn't take a phone to BMT, so why did you? Had you left your phone with your parents or someone you trust, they could have FedEx'ed it to you when you got done with BMT and saved you all this trouble.

I'm not trying to be an arse because I appreciate what you're doing, but I needed to express that.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:21 AM   #5
j_hamblin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
PIN: ask! ;)
Carrier: Alltel

Yeah thats a good point. I asked my recruiter if I should take it or not and he told me yeah go ahead and take they"ll just take your battery away from you, plus there is about 50 other guys per flight that also brought their phones and im sure the TI's would have to realize in this day and age that, thats whats going to happen. On another note I knew I wasnt going to be able to wear my civilian clothes and I still brought them, they turned out just fine!

Curve 8330
Closed Thread