oh yeah ... i glazed right over the "'09" after the "Spring" ... my bad
Old 09-23-2006, 01:01 AM   #22
chad5
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703
Carrier: sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossfn
Why are people so in love with their carriers? I don't understand the kind of allegiance people have to a specific carrier that doesn't give a crap about you.

Why be loyal to a service provider that can't provide you with the latest devices?
I don't love my carrier, I love their coverage. I'm with Sprint. For me, they've got the best coverage. I've been with a few other carriers and I came back to sprint.

Your right they don't give a hoot about me. And I don't care about them either.

I just need the coverage they provide. I get little to no dropped calls and that's the way I like it.
Old 10-06-2006, 03:06 PM   #23
mklevemann

Model: 7250

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad5
I don't love my carrier, I love their coverage. I'm with Sprint. For me, they've got the best coverage. I've been with a few other carriers and I came back to sprint.

Your right they don't give a hoot about me. And I don't care about them either.

I just need the coverage they provide. I get little to no dropped calls and that's the way I like it.
Exactly!!!! The reason I left Cingular and went back to Verizon was coverage in my area. It's all about the coverage!
Old 10-06-2006, 08:29 PM   #24
jgreg65
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100i
Carrier: Nextel

Alls I'm looking for is mp3 ringtones & Camera in a Nextel BB

O&A Ringtones : http://www.jgreg5.com/O&A_Nextel_Ringtones.htm

The Unit Ringtones : http://www.jgreg5.com/7100BB.htm
Old 10-10-2006, 03:57 PM   #25
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

jgreg65, Probably the best advice I can give is to goto an i930 as that's about as close to those things as you will get. I have one sitting on my shelf if you want to buy it cheap. =) It's unlocked and will take a T-Mo or Cingular sim in it as well.

Anyways, I to liked Nextel's service, because it's always just worked where I need it to. Home in particular... And I just moved to Sprint (8703e), I love the speed, but hate the network..... I have another thread on here pointed to another forum where I rant about CDMA vs IDEN and vs GSM.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:06 PM   #26
justin.culp
CrackBerry Addict

Model: SOLD
Carrier: at&t

good news for you sprinters out there:

Oct31 Deadline For Free Sprint Contract Killing - Consumerist

Old 10-12-2006, 05:08 AM   #27
cek151
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin.culp
good info and,its all true iam getting off the nextel train.any input on who should i switch to would clear my mine totally
Old 10-13-2006, 01:20 AM   #28
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

Perhaps go with the dark road and get a T-Mo Pearl? I gotta say, I loved that phone.. But now I'll do with my 8703e until the 8800 is available and switch to whoever that may be.. =)
Old 10-13-2006, 03:28 PM   #29
cek151
Thumbs Must Hurt

when to 8 t-mobile dealer's and they all said that the t-mobile service is not that good.not better than nextel i mean i dont know i never used t-mobile.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:25 PM   #30
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

I'd use the street level coverage maps in areas where you commute the most and see which of the carriers have the strongest service in those areas. I know Sprint/Nextel and T-Mo all have street level maps and they're pretty useful..

I just decided to get a repeater for at home, but I cannot stand the CDMA at this point, it's just not functional or reliable enough to be used heavily for conversations that involve anything more then calling someone and hanging up with no incoming calls during that time, etc....
Old 08-19-2007, 10:50 PM   #31
BigKippa

PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default Novemeber Pearl

November is the un-official release date. The question about why CDMA carriers seem to be behind the curve has nothing to do with CDMA technology. Sprint specifically is notorious for waiting for first genereation phones to come out and watching what works and what doesn't. If it doesn't, they wait....which is one thing I love about Sprint! The razor was a piece of junk when it first hit the market, Sprint waited for the third generation to come out before they jumped on board. I would much rather have a "well planned" phone that the bugs have been worked out of, than be the first one to have a new model. They will do the same thing with the I-Phone but not with Apple. They have 2 phones that will be all touch screen releasing first Q of next year, and much more planned. I just bought the 8830 but am stoked for the pearl, because it will be the first BB with a camera that Sprint has offered and I love the size. But take it from someone who knows from the inside, November is the plan, but definitley plan on seeing it by the end of this year.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:50 PM   #32
Dealer

Model: ALL
Carrier: SPRINT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchboy View Post
Well considering Sprint just got the 7130e - I think it may be a bit. Plus it seems that the GSM carriers seem to be BlackBerry's friend. I went to the Cingular 8700c release party last November and they stated that they were the #1 partner to RIM. So it only makes sense to keep that partnership going. I for one am leaving Sprint soon and switching to Cingular.

I don't understand why you would leave sprint to go with cingular, Their service is horrible and their data connection is super slow compared to sprint. If you're looking to do email or any other data for that matter, it is not even comparable to sprints.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:08 PM   #33
voyager9355
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon

Shouldn't be too much longer for a CDMA BB Pearl...

www.verizonwireless.com/next
Old 10-11-2007, 09:20 PM   #34
ryanporschen

Default I held one the other day

It's comming really soon. And it looks pretty sharp. GPS, 2MP Camera, Evdo, Sprint TV, and an external data card slot. Still has the cheap ass back cover. It's also a new color, kind of steel grey. It also looks as though they redid the cheap speakerphone. Look for it next month.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:21 PM   #35
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Sprint press release came out today. Will be out in November. No specific date that I saw or price.

Sprint Introduces the BlackBerry Pearl 8130

Last edited by juwaack68; 10-11-2007 at 09:24 PM..
Old 10-13-2007, 01:33 PM   #36
chasngrl

Model: none
Default Blackberry Pearl on Sprint - Wi-Fi

I have been to as many web sites as I can concerning the blackberry pearl being released by Sprint in November. Is it Wi-Fi or not? Some sites say yes, some say no. I want one that does Wi-Fi - so when I am in a Wi-Fi area I can check e-mail over the internet without having to purchase data plan (personal use - not for work). If the pearl is not going to do this - how do I purchase an 8820 to work on Sprint? I don't suppose Sprint would do this for me? (And yes, I do not know much about blackberrys - or any sort of smartphones for that matter. Just do not like the Treos looks and "want" a blackberry ). Thanks!
Old 10-13-2007, 01:42 PM   #37
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasngrl View Post
I have been to as many web sites as I can concerning the blackberry pearl being released by Sprint in November. Is it Wi-Fi or not? Some sites say yes, some say no. I want one that does Wi-Fi - so when I am in a Wi-Fi area I can check e-mail over the internet without having to purchase data plan (personal use - not for work). If the pearl is not going to do this - how do I purchase an 8820 to work on Sprint? I don't suppose Sprint would do this for me? (And yes, I do not know much about blackberrys - or any sort of smartphones for that matter. Just do not like the Treos looks and "want" a blackberry ). Thanks!
The Sprint Pearl coming out in Nov has GPS, not WiFi. And the 8820 won't work on the Sprint Network as it is a GSM phone and Sprint is CDMA.

Last edited by ArgonNJ; 10-13-2007 at 01:44 PM..
Old 10-13-2007, 01:54 PM   #38
chasngrl

Model: none

Thanks for quick answer. I really do like the looks of the pearl, but don't want to pay the cost for the service I guess (current $45 with unlimited nights/weekends starting at 5pm - yeah, very old plan and I don't want to have to change it too much such that I lose the 5pm which is sooo convenient.).
Old 10-14-2007, 09:08 PM   #39
southwestcomm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Many

You can't purchase a BB without a BB plan on Sprint anyway.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:08 PM   #40
Addicted123
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwestcomm View Post
You can't purchase a BB without a BB plan on Sprint anyway.
I'm guessing that's the same policy for the Pearl as well? You need a data plan?

What about the GPS navigation? I was browsing Sprint's plans and noticed a $9.95 monthly Sprint Navigation fee. So in addition to the data plan, I would also have to pay $10 a month for the navigation to work?

thanks

------------------------------------------------
Sprint Navigation – As the first carrier to offer GPS-capable BlackBerry devices, Sprint continues this innovation with support for Sprint Navigation which delivers voice-guided and on-screen turn-by-turn GPS-enabled driving directions, 3-D moving maps similar to an in-car navigation system or personal navigation device, as well as local search and real-time intelligent traffic alerts and one-click rerouting, anywhere on the Sprint Mobile Broadband Network.
Closed Thread