Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 11:40 AM   #1
joarmasd

Model: 8700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: telefonica
Default Policy.bin

Please Login to Remove!

Hi, i read about the use of policy.bin file to erase it policys but a cant fin the file here, can some one send it to me plis??? thanx a lot....
Old 11-01-2010, 11:47 AM   #2
Calebrity
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9900
Carrier: Virgin mobile

How to remove an IT policy from a BlackBerry smartphone

When a BlackBerry smartphone is removed from association with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server, the BlackBerry smartphone user or the system administrator might remove the IT policy that was associated with the BlackBerry smartphone.

To remove an IT policy from a BlackBerry smartphone, use one of the following methods:
Method 1

Before removing the account from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, create a blank IT policy on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, and assign it to the BlackBerry smartphone user account. For more information on how to create a blank IT policy.
Method 2

Only if using BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.1 SP4, create a blank IT policy and then remove the IT policy from the BlackBerry smartphone using the Remote Wipe Reset to Factory Defaults rule.

Warning: This procedure can delete either all data, or all data and applications on the BlackBerry smartphone. Back up the data before performing this procedure. For more information on how to back up data.

1. Create a blank IT policy on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server with the Remote Wipe Reset to Factory Defaults rule in the Security Policy Group area set to True. For more information on how to create a blank IT policy,
2. Assign the IT policy to the BlackBerry smartphone user account. For more information on how to assign an IT policy,
3. Click the BlackBerry smartphone user account in the BlackBerry Manager, then expand the IT Admin section in the Tasks area.
4. Select Erase Data and Disable Handheld.

Method 3

Remove the IT policy using the loader.exe application included with BlackBerry® Desktop Manager 4.7 to 6.0 on a Windows based computer.

Important: This method can only be used on BlackBerry smartphones that are running BlackBerry Device Software 4.3 to 6.0.

This is an alternate method for removing an IT policy from a BlackBerry smartphone and should be used only if the BlackBerry smartphone user cannot contact the system administrator.

Note: When using BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.6 or earlier, the loader.exe application can be updated by going to www . blackberry . com / update and installing the software when prompted.

Warning: This procedure deletes all data on the BlackBerry smartphone. Back up the data before performing this procedure. For more information on how to back up data.

1. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer.
2. From the Start menu, click Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt.

Note: When a computer running Windows Vistaxxx8482; or Windows 7 is used, the BlackBerry smartphone user might need to right-click the Command Prompt application and choose Run as administrator.
3. Find the Apploader folder by typing cd C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader and then pressing ENTER.

Note: For computers using a 64-bit version of Windows, navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader.
4. Type loader.exe /resettofactory.
5. Type the BlackBerry smartphone password if prompted.

Method 4

Remove the IT policy from a Mac computer by using BlackBerry Desktop Software 1.0.

Important: This method can only be used on BlackBerry smartphones that are running BlackBerry Device Software 4.3 to 5.0.

Warning: This procedure deletes all data on the BlackBerry smartphone. Back up the data before performing this procedure. For more information on how to back up data.

1. Close the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, if it is open.
2. On the Mac computer, open Terminal.
3. Type cd /Applications/BlackBerry\ Desktop\ Manager.app/Contents/MacOS/ and press ENTER.
4. Type ./bbdm resettofactory

Note: If the BlackBerry smartphone has a password, type the following command:

./bbdm -password <yourpassword> resettofactory

Note: <yourpassword> should be replaced with the password for the BlackBerry smartphone.

CollapseEnvironment

* BlackBerry® Enterprise Server
* BlackBerry® Desktop Software 4.7 to 6.0
* BlackBerry® Desktop Software 1.0
* BlackBerry® Device Software 4.0 to 6.0
* BlackBerry smartphones
* Windows®
* Mac OS

CollapseAdditional Information

Although a blank IT policy is ideal, in most cases some minor changes also are reset when the Remote Wipe Reset to Factory Defaults option is used.

With the release of BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.1 SP4 and BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.2, the Remote Wipe Reset to Factory Defaults IT policy rule allows administrators to remove the IT policy from a BlackBerry smartphone and restore all factory default settings.

When a system administrator applies the Remote Wipe Reset to Factory Defaults IT policy rule and then applies the Erase Data and Disable Handheld command to a BlackBerry smartphone user account, the following changes occur on the BlackBerry smartphone:

* All data is erased
* All third-party applications are removed
* The IT policy is removed
* Factory default settings are implemented
Old 11-01-2010, 12:38 PM   #3
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Why don't you refer people to BlackBerry FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ where there is all sorts of information for new users.

You also did not answer their question, which is where do I get a POLICY.BIN file.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:40 PM   #4
Calebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
Why don't you refer people to BlackBerry FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ where there is all sorts of information for new users.

You also did not answer their question, which is where do I get a POLICY.BIN file.
will from now on but it was a quick answer and not a Search, some people may find the search to be moreless harder to use and navigate, my answer gave the same steps of what the POLICY.BIN would of done.

but for your sake I will include that into my answers as well
Old 11-01-2010, 12:42 PM   #5
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Which you cut and pasted from a document. I see that. People not using search is the number one issue for moderators. This has been asked and answered multiple times.

It's not for my sake. It just makes sense.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:50 PM   #6
Calebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
Which you cut and pasted from a document. I see that. People not using search is the number one issue for moderators. This has been asked and answered multiple times.

It's not for my sake. It just makes sense.
true enough sorry didn't mean to come off as a dink
Old 11-01-2010, 02:07 PM   #7
joarmasd

Model: 8700
Carrier: telefonica

i´ve used the FAQ and the search options before i've posted this... coz i couldn't find the file.. some one got it???
Old 01-12-2011, 09:54 PM   #8
mparede

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T
Default Re: Policy.bin

Hello,
Can someone confirm where to find the "policy.bin" file?
When clicking on a hyperlink it takes to me to a discussion page.

Also, I have a Curve 8900 and could not locate the the loader.exe application. I tried several time following below instructions and the system could not locate the file.

Thanks for your help!
Old 01-13-2011, 07:48 AM   #9
devnull
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: I747
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: Policy.bin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mparede View Post
Hello,
Can someone confirm where to find the "policy.bin" file?
When clicking on a hyperlink it takes to me to a discussion page.

Also, I have a Curve 8900 and could not locate the the loader.exe application. I tried several time following below instructions and the system could not locate the file.

mparede, read post #1 from the following thread and also note the information in RED >> http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-...ve-policy.html

Also note that method #1 is preferred.