Old 09-03-2010, 10:26 PM   #1
JordanA
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9780
Carrier: T-Mobile
Question Combining Legacy BES Contacts and Calendar DB with Current BIS DB's

Please Login to Remove!

Hello All,
I've got an interesting situation here and wanted to ask the forum for some help. Here is my scenario:

I first started growing my contacts and calendar entries while being connected a BES server. As such, the "default" service for both was "Desktop". In the last few years, I've migrated off the BES server, to BIS, and switched Blackberries in the mix. During the transition from Blackberries (from an old BES enabled device, to a BIS device) it appears that my old BES contacts and BES calendar appointments were copied to the new Blackberry under a service called "Default" (shows up Red in the calendar). (Side note; when I go to advanced options, and look at the default service for each, my old BES account (aka Desktop) isn't listed, and only my BIS account is listed.)

Now comes the problem. When I've been adding contacts, they've been adding to the BIS side of the contacts/calendar services. So I actually have two separate sections for each (but they all show up in contacts and in the calendar). I can verify this by going to Contacts, Options, and two lists are indicated (both listed as Unknown). One has 288 and the other 744. (The same scenario exists for the calendar).

This doesn't sound like a problem, as all my data is still accessible and editable from the device, and when I change devices, I'm still able to copy over the legacy data and databases. HOWEVER, when I attempt to sync with Outlook, ONLY the BIS databases will Sync.

My question: How do I combine the databases (without the obvious answer of spending three weeks typing them in)? If I was able to sync both of them in outlook, I could combine them in outlook, then remove the databases completely, wipe the device, and then return the data to the device and one would think they'd be in the same service database.

Some helpful information: I am currently running OS v5.0.0.681 on a Blackberry 8900 (Tmobile if that matters.)

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for your help!
~J
Closed Thread