Old 08-12-2007, 09:06 AM   #1
cdysthe
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Blackberry and Rhapsody

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I am currently using my Rhapsody to Go subscription with a separate music player. It would of course be great if I could load my new 8800 with some MicroSD memory and use that for music. Is anyone here using their BB with Rhapsody, and could they point to me information on how to do it? It's so easy now where my player shows up in Rhapsody and I can just stuff it full and go. Can I get my BB to show up in the same way? I do not want to shell out for MicroSD unless I can use it since it can't be used for an extraordinarily enormous address book or years of e-mail .

//C
Old 12-18-2007, 04:04 PM   #2
hokie123
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Rhapsody does not support any BlackBerry devices as part of their portable players. You will not be able to transfer any subscription songs to your 8800. Only music that you actually purchased would be available to transfer to your device. You really don't need the Rhapsody software to transfer over the songs, as you can make the media card show up as a removable hard drive in Windows Explorer.

As for the MicroSD cards, you can pick up a 1Gb card for $10 and a 2Gb card for under $20, so at those prices, it's definitely worth having the storage if you plan on using the 8800 for music or videos.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:05 PM   #3
BBCite

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

I don't understand. When you write "You really don't need the Rhapsody software to transfer over the songs, as you can make the media card show up as a removable hard drive in Windows Explorer," do you mean I can put my Rhapsody-To-Go subscription songs on my Blackberry media card and play them on my Blackberry if I make that media card show up as a removable hard drive on my desktop? And if so, how do I make my Blackberry media card show up as a removable hard drive on my desktop? Thanks.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:48 PM   #4
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBCite View Post
I don't understand. When you write "You really don't need the Rhapsody software to transfer over the songs, as you can make the media card show up as a removable hard drive in Windows Explorer," do you mean I can put my Rhapsody-To-Go subscription songs on my Blackberry media card and play them on my Blackberry if I make that media card show up as a removable hard drive on my desktop? And if so, how do I make my Blackberry media card show up as a removable hard drive on my desktop? Thanks.
I think what the previous poster meant is if you have songs on your PC that you purchased from Rhapsody, you can copy them to your BlackBerry's media card. It you have a Rhapsody monthly subscription for downloading songs, you have to have a Rhapsody compatible player if I understand it correctly.

Currently there is no Rhapsody application for the BlackBerry afaik, but word has it that the upcoming BlackBerry Storm will come with Rhapsody pre-installed.

To make your media card show up as a removable drive on your computer, you need a card reader or adapter to connect it to your PC before putting it in your device, or you can put the media card in the device and connect the BB to your computer via USB (you need to install Desktop Manager to get the drivers), enable mass media mode and your computer will recognize it. Then you can go to My Computer and see it as a removable drive. From there you can open it and copy files to it from your PC, including music files, photos, etc.

Some info here:
How do I add media files to my microSD card? - BlackBerryFAQ

Last edited by daphne; 11-07-2008 at 11:53 PM.. Reason: fix
Old 11-30-2008, 05:10 PM   #5
deezmfnutz
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: STORM
Carrier: vzw

Quote:
Originally Posted by daphne View Post
I think what the previous poster meant is if you have songs on your PC that you purchased from Rhapsody, you can copy them to your BlackBerry's media card. It you have a Rhapsody monthly subscription for downloading songs, you have to have a Rhapsody compatible player if I understand it correctly.

Currently there is no Rhapsody application for the BlackBerry afaik, but word has it that the upcoming BlackBerry Storm will come with Rhapsody pre-installed.

To make your media card show up as a removable drive on your computer, you need a card reader or adapter to connect it to your PC before putting it in your device, or you can put the media card in the device and connect the BB to your computer via USB (you need to install Desktop Manager to get the drivers), enable mass media mode and your computer will recognize it. Then you can go to My Computer and see it as a removable drive. From there you can open it and copy files to it from your PC, including music files, photos, etc.

Some info here:
How do I add media files to my microSD card? - BlackBerryFAQ
Rhapsody togo is supported by the BlackBerry Storm
Old 11-30-2008, 05:34 PM   #6
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

Model: 9530
PIN: G Pong Champ
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezmfnutz View Post
Rhapsody togo is supported by the BlackBerry Storm