BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 11:03 PM   #21
cwgoff
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8350i
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Please Login to Remove!

Do you know if invitations to Yahoo Mail works? If so, my Yahoo account is [email address].

I am not a huge fan of handing out my real email address. If you would not mind trying to send it to that address, I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 03-13-2006, 04:33 AM   #22
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon

Sent

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 03-13-2006, 05:12 AM   #23
cwgoff

Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

KonTiki, Thanks for the invite. I got it, and I am now a card-carrying member of the gmail club!

One question - I did a test where I sent a ringer that I created to my gmail account as an attachment. When I navigated to my gmail account with my 8700, I am not able to save the attachment. In fact, when I click on the attachment, it tells me the filename and that's it. I don't hear the tune or really see it as anything other than a text filename.

Any thoughts? Do I have to save the attachment within Gmail or something?

Thanks,
Chris
Old 03-13-2006, 04:47 PM   #24
andrewellinas

Model: 8700
Unhappy Audtion 2 - mp3 ringtones won't play.

Hi All,

Just got my 8700.

Changed from Pda2k (qtek-9090) because I found I was taking the sim card out of it all the time and putting it in a smaller phone to carry around. I miss some of the PDA functionality and some of the programs (pocket ping and pocket VNC in particular) but on the while the BB is much better - so stable.

However, I'm having a nightmare trying top customise some ringtones. I'm using Adobe Audition2 - I've copied the wave into a new mono project and saved at 64kps, 44100hz, 16bit.

I've uploaded it onto my server and then downloaded via the BB browser. The mp3 will not play.

I've downloaded other mp3s and they do play, so I know that its something to do with the way I'm saving them with Audition2.

Anyone got any ideas?

Regards

Andrew
Old 03-14-2006, 06:16 PM   #25
Taikun
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Tmo

does this work with yahoo mail? can i send a mp3 ringtone to yahoo mail and then download it?
Old 03-17-2006, 03:33 PM   #26
gopher_49

Model: 8700C

hey, so, basically, you just create a .mp3 with the specs you mentioned and email it to yourself? Then save it like you would a jpeg? That's it?
Old 03-17-2006, 03:40 PM   #27
gopher_49

I emailed myself the .mp3 files, however, it would not let me save the files to my handheld....
Old 03-17-2006, 03:44 PM   #28
gopher_49

sweet... I uploaded the mp3's to my web server, I then typed the url from my Blackberry web browser, and then a mp3 player came up! I could then save it. I had NO idea that my Blackberry had an integrated mp3 player?! That is sweet. It's so easy to make your own mp3 ring tones. Once you learn how to cut and paste a selection of a song, export to mp3 based on the settings metioned above, then publish it to a web folder. If you have a Blackberry Enterprise Server you can publish within your perimeter network.......
Old 03-17-2006, 03:55 PM   #29
gopher_49

Default sending mp3 ringtones via email

A good way to distribute mp3 ringtones for the 8700c is by hyperlink via the body of an email. Store your mp3 ringtone in a webfolder. example: http://www.mywebsite.com/ringtone.mp3

Email your friend or friends with a hyperlink in the body of the email with the url of the mp3. They simply click on the link, it will then load the mp3 in their mp3 player, at that point they can simply save it.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:13 PM   #30
cruzernj

is anyone working on a mac? i'm trying to make my mp3 ringtones but am having no luck. when i download from gmail, the file is blank and it doesn't play. i downloaded Fumetsu's ringtone and it worked for me. i followed fumetsu's directions to the tee. but the ringtone doesn't play for me. anyone have a clue?

thanks,
chris
Old 04-10-2006, 11:24 PM   #31
zedthedeadpoet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumetsu
Hi,

I thought I'd post this in its own thread so that way everyone would get a chance to look at it (incase others dont check the other thread ;) ).

The Key To 8700c Ringtones with Cingular's crappy default Browser:

OK, after dealing with this for hours and scouring these threads to find a solution, I believe I have found a way to finally get them to work (at least, for me).

I am using Audacity with the following settings:

Pref>Quality>Def. Sample Rate: 44100 Hz
Pref>Quality>Default Sample Format: 32-bit Float
Pref>File Format>Mp3 Export Setup>Bit Rate: 64

Now, once you have Audacity set up like this, you will do the following (as stated by Blackbreaker in the 7130 thread):
* select the section you want the ringer to be
* copy it and open a new project in audacity
* paste your selection
* go to Effect at the top and choose "High Pass Filter". Leave it at the default setting and hit OK. If this option is greyed out, try hitting Ctrl+A to select your ringtone clip.
* split the stereo track
* make both tracks mono
* export to mp3

Voila, it *should* work. These were the only settings that worked for me, and it was a pain to finally figure out how to get it right.

If you would like, you can send me an MP3 via e-mail and I will try to make it into a ringtone for you (I dont know how many of these requests I would be able to make) if you cant get it to work. I've noticed I can get up to 20 seconds of ringtone under the 120kb limit in place with the Cingular Browser.

Hope this helps!

My e-mail is [email address] if you have any requests.

Here are the couple that I have made:

http://www.fumetsu.net/BeautifulLife.mp3
http://www.fumetsu.net/ring.mp3 (Dragostea din tei by O-zone)

Note: They sound very tinny/full trebel when you hear them on a set of PC speakers. This is because of the High Pass Filter and basically "cellphone-izes" the mp3 (hey, I created a word!). They sound *perfect* for a ringtone when you hear them on the 8700c. Very loud and attention-getting. ;)

For some reason, whenever I export the track to MP3 it inserts a couple seconds of blank audio. ANy ideas how to get rid of this?
Old 04-12-2006, 05:18 AM   #32
texnick

Model: 7800C
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwgoff
KonTiki, Thanks for the invite. I got it, and I am now a card-carrying member of the gmail club!

One question - I did a test where I sent a ringer that I created to my gmail account as an attachment. When I navigated to my gmail account with my 8700, I am not able to save the attachment. In fact, when I click on the attachment, it tells me the filename and that's it. I don't hear the tune or really see it as anything other than a text filename.

Any thoughts? Do I have to save the attachment within Gmail or something?

Thanks,
Chris

Read the entire thread. Someone already answered this.

Nick
Old 05-01-2007, 09:30 PM   #33
skipjack2001

Model: 8800
Carrier: at&t

This may be a dumb question, but... how do you delete ringtones once you've added them?

Last edited by skipjack2001; 05-01-2007 at 09:36 PM..
Old 05-08-2007, 04:52 AM   #34
mkd284

Model: 8300
Carrier: T-Mobile

It took me awhile to figure this out go to profiles click the trackwheel then show tunes
Old 05-13-2007, 06:27 AM   #35
funkym
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8320
Carrier: HK CSL

I am using this one: S4BB Ltd. » BlackBerry Ringtone Generator

It also provides free up and download of ringtones
Old 06-28-2007, 06:13 PM   #36
Roscoe

Carrier: Cingular

FYI...i made the browser changes described by billclark above before I even tried downloading any files. I then posted the ringtones to my web space along with with a simple web page containing links to the files. Worked like a champ. Sent the URL to a coworker with the exact same device and it told him the files were too large to download...odd.

I can only conclude that the browser changes described by above made the difference.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:44 AM   #37
Roscoe

Carrier: Cingular

Well, now it has gotten wierder. My BB died so I bought an identical one. Updated it with the latest OS (4.2) and now mine says it can't download becasue the files are too big.

Ideas?
Old 07-28-2007, 10:17 PM   #38
aergina
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: ATT & Nextel
Default Upload ur own MP3's

If you guys don't already know yet....

Try Download music, share videos, send pictures to cell phones from MySpace or anywhere - Mobilize your media at Mixxer.com

I upload my own mp3's there. IT'S FREE to upload!!!

7520.8700c.8310.8350i
Old 09-26-2007, 10:41 PM   #39
StElmoQn

Model: 8700c
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Cingular/AT&T
Default Need Help Getting Ringtones to Work

I'm actually posting for my husband who has a 8700c Blackberry.

He recently purchased a ringtone from Elk Bugle Ringtones for your Cell Phone - Elk Talkin' after successfully completing a test ringtone setup. However, when he purchased a ringtone from their website, he is unable to get his browser to recognize it when he clicked on the link they sent him. He went back to the company he purchased the ringtone from and they are stumped, and when he went into a Cingular/AT&T store, they refused to help since the ringtone wasn't purchased from them.

Anybody willing to help him out and figure out a workaround????

It would be much appreciated.
Old 05-24-2008, 03:58 AM   #40
skp_sr

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by aergina View Post
If you guys don't already know yet....

Try Download music, share videos, send pictures to cell phones from MySpace or anywhere - Mobilize your media at Mixxer.com

I upload my own mp3's there. IT'S FREE to upload!!!

THIS ONE IS THE ANSWER!!!

Awesome, works like a champ. Make my own mp3 ringers and send them to myself.

nice find aergina
Closed Thread