BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 11:57 PM   #1
wildlemon747
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Getting Songs to Blackberry (curve)

Please Login to Remove!

I gave this to two other threads and decided to make thread around it. I am new to writing detailed instructions so constructive cristism is welcome.

Firstly, I highly recommend investing in a micro sd card for the device. 8gb is not supported yet (unless running an os version higher then 4.2) but anything up to 4gb is fine. Take your itunes music that you want on the phone and enter in a playlist. In Itunes select "edit" then "preferences". When a new window pops up click on the "advanced" tab in the top bar then in the new window select "burning." Now select the cd burner, if not selected already, then make sure the Disc Format is in the "Audio CD" option. Click ok and exit out of the window then right click on the playlist name and click burn to disc. When the disc is burnt, open Windows media player. In wmp menu hover over rip, click on the arrow and for the "format" select mp3. Other options include importing quality and in "advanced options" you can select the file where the music should be saved to. I use a sup-folder in the windows music folder. Now when that is completed open the folder where you sent the songs and their they will be. They will not have a name just track 1... name the files via artist - song name (do not forget the space between the words and the dash). This will make it show up properly on the phone. After that open desktop manager then media manager. In media manager you can click and draq in your music from your other directory to media manager. When you select a song in media manager and right click it select "audio tags." You will now be able to name the song and add album artwork. If you get a media card for the blackberry install the card, enter the media card options on the phone and make sure to format the card. Naming is not required but makes everything look much better. If all steps are completed, in the media manager the lower half shows the phone (make sure its connected) and select the media card then music sub-folder. Select the songs in the upper-half of media manager click the "copy down" button and then select "convert for optimal playback." If all was done correctly, you will now have a device that is just as good as an ipod for listening to music or watching movies. I have had much trouble with music on my phone and this is a sure-proof way for 100% success. It is a lot of steps but I was able to load 1000 songs with album artwork to my phone in 1.5 hours. If you have any questions because these are not formal directions feel free to send me a message via blackberryforums. Good Luck!
Old 05-21-2008, 12:23 AM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks for the turorial, wildlemon.

**moved to the Media Section** of this forum (because your instructions do apply to more than just the 83xx Curve models.
Old 05-31-2008, 04:31 PM   #3
sshahi

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Question somewhat related question..

thanks for the help!

i was wondering - approx. how many songs on average can you hold in your curve, both with and without a 4 GB memory card? just for comparison's sake..
Old 06-02-2008, 10:26 AM   #4
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshahi
thanks for the help!

i was wondering - approx. how many songs on average can you hold in your curve, both with and without a 4 GB memory card? just for comparison's sake..
It may depend on the format you use.
.WMA is much more compressed that some of the other files such as .avi.

LET'S GO CANES!
Closed Thread