BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 05:25 PM   #1
stefania

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: MTN Ghana
Exclamation someone's email accounts appeared on my handset!!!

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all,

hope i can get some help with the weirdest things that are happening to my handset.
for a while now i have not been able to use my email accounts (2 different ones)... they don't send or receive. when i go to email setup page i don't get the usual setup page but a page saying "sorry, unexpected error occured. please try again later." and that's it since a month now.
nobody seems to know how to sort it out. i even wiped the phone and reinstalled backup but nothing.
but that's only one issue.

last night, out of the blue two new email accounts appeared on my phone of someone i don't know, and i am receiving all his mails on my handset on both accounts and i can even send mails to others from them even though i did not set up the accounts and do not know the passwords. mine still don;t work though. i have tried to remove them by going to the email setup page but i keep getting the same "unexpected error" message. this time in spanish because the unknown account holder is from chile.

this situation really bothers me because i fear even my emails might be floating around on the web on some other person's handset. i sent a message to the owner of the unknown accounts. i think he tried resetting them because i received all the setup confirmation messages on my handset... and they're still there.

apart from this even new application icons appeared on my phone... windows messenger which was never there suddenly appeared, the email setup icon is in spanish even though the phone is set in english... and sometimes it seems like i am using my phone with some remote user at the same time.

hope someone can help!!

thanks
stefania

Last edited by stefania; 02-11-2010 at 05:30 PM..
Old 02-11-2010, 10:16 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

The only suggestion I can make to you is to contact your carrier and ask them to validate the blackberry handset. It does appear you or the other person may have a cloned Blackberry. If thats the case, when the application is sent to the Blackberry both get the data. This includes any email.

Worse case you will need to replace the BB and if you purchased it from the carrier, it will be their responsibility to make it right.

Last edited by tsac; 02-11-2010 at 10:17 PM..
Old 02-12-2010, 07:23 AM   #3
dankarlinski
BlackBerry Master

Model: 1
Carrier: 1

Wirelessly posted (White and Nerdy)

The carrier should be able to release the pin. This will fix the problems
Old 02-12-2010, 07:54 AM   #4
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

On your BlackBerry go into Options > Advanced Options > Service Book. Delete everything not tied to an email account of yours. Or, if you prefer, delete them all and immediately log into your BIS page at your carrier's site to resend your own service books. Just to make sure no one has access to your account you might want to change your BIS login password.
Closed Thread