Old 09-05-2011, 04:19 AM   #1
Joicitjie

Model: 9300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: MTC
Default BB Curve 9300 Gmail problem

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I am new here and I hope I can get help for my problem. I recently bought a new BB curve 9300. I have been able to successfully set-up my gmail account and got such a confirmation that an icon has been placed on my home screen. However, when I try to load my gmail from this icon, it says "problem initialising. Please reintegration your gmail account and launch the application again". I have restarted my phone, did a battery pull and even deleted the gmail account a number of times and nothing seems to work. Can anyone please help me with problem and how to fix it.

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-05-2011, 04:48 AM   #2
Joicitjie

Default Re: BB Curve 9300 Gmail problem

Anyone pleaaaaassssseeee.......
Old 09-05-2011, 09:35 PM   #3
montrealappleguy

Model: 9780
Carrier: Fido

Hello,
I'm not sure I can help, but lets give it a try... here's a couple of questions

1- Do you have a data or email package with your mobile supplier, I know it sound like a stupid question but you can setup your email via the WIFI...
2- How did you add you Gmail account, through the Blackberry or via the WEB ? if it was via the Blackberry, sometimes the device check to see if your Email Setup software is up to date, did it check if it was ?
3- Did you install the latest version of the Blackberry Desktop Manager on your computer? If so did you check if your Blackberry was up to date ?
4- Did you try to re-install the latest Version of your OS of your Blackberry ?
5- Did you try to add another account beside Gmail, like a Yahoo account or Hotmail to see if it was working with one of these two?

Hope this will help...
Old 09-05-2011, 10:25 PM   #4
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Do you have a BB data plan active on your account? You must have that for email.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 09-06-2011, 02:26 AM   #5
Joicitjie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
Do you have a BB data plan active on your account? You must have that for email.
Hi,
Yes, I do have a data plan from my network provider and everything else is working fine. so I haven no idea what the problem could be.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:41 AM   #6
Joicitjie

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrealappleguy View Post
Hello,
I'm not sure I can help, but lets give it a try... here's a couple of questions

1- Do you have a data or email package with your mobile supplier, I know it sound like a stupid question but you can setup your email via the WIFI...
2- How did you add you Gmail account, through the Blackberry or via the WEB ? if it was via the Blackberry, sometimes the device check to see if your Email Setup software is up to date, did it check if it was ?
3- Did you install the latest version of the Blackberry Desktop Manager on your computer? If so did you check if your Blackberry was up to date ?
4- Did you try to re-install the latest Version of your OS of your Blackberry ?
5- Did you try to add another account beside Gmail, like a Yahoo account or Hotmail to see if it was working with one of these two?

Hope this will help...
Hi, thanks for the reply.
1. Yes, I do have a data package.
2. I added the gmail account through the blackberry. It was checking for updates before it went to the email settings. I am guessing the email set-up is up to date.
3. Yes, I have the latest desktop software, but there is an updated version of the software. It is currently running on 6.0 bundle, version v6.0.0.448. Do I need to update? Could this be what is causing the problem.
4. No I did not try this cos the phone is brand new. Do I really need to do this?
5. I only have a gmail account and thus did not try adding another account.

Addition information is that I can see my emails in the 'messages folder' and I can open and read them through this folder. So what could possibly be the problem with this gmail application.
Closed Thread