Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 12:02 PM   #1
kallin

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default newbie 8300 owner w/ a Gmail question

Please Login to Remove!

Friend of mine convinced me to get a BlackBerry so here I am..

- What's the most efficient way to sync Gmail with the 8300?

I've entered my account into the blackberry email app but now I'm receiving all the emails, even those that are programmed to skip the inbox to be archived.
At the same time I installed the Gmail app but the notifications are far from instantaneous.
What should I do?

Lastly, I have around 12 email accounts all synced into my Gmail account. This lets me send & receive emails from different names and domains - but I couldn't find the "Send From" option anywhere on the BB - does it even exist?
Old 08-07-2007, 12:48 PM   #2
bthooper
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by kallin View Post
Friend of mine convinced me to get a BlackBerry so here I am..

- What's the most efficient way to sync Gmail with the 8300?

I've entered my account into the blackberry email app but now I'm receiving all the emails, even those that are programmed to skip the inbox to be archived.
At the same time I installed the Gmail app but the notifications are far from instantaneous.
What should I do?

Lastly, I have around 12 email accounts all synced into my Gmail account. This lets me send & receive emails from different names and domains - but I couldn't find the "Send From" option anywhere on the BB - does it even exist?
I had a similar situation and decided to primarily use the Gmail app for my email, even though it is sometimes a bit slow. I don't really need my email right away, like many BB users seem to, so I can live with the lag.

However, I also set up another Gmail account, which is exactly the same as my other account, but with .mobile added. So, if my other account was [email address], this would be [email address]. That account I set up as a pop account and for the few people who need a very fast way to get me, I tell them to use this email address. So that works well for me.

The main thing I don't like about the Gmail app is that I can't assign a label to an email and then archive it. That would be perfect.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:30 PM   #3
rsnadel
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000

Welcome to the forum. If you go to the top of the screen and click on BlackberryFAQ.com (that's the search section), you'll find there's a specific set of instructions on setting up GMail with your Blackberry. The "Send From" option is located in your Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) account...which (if you haven't already activated it) is at https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:39 PM   #4
kallin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsnadel View Post
Welcome to the forum. If you go to the top of the screen and click on BlackberryFAQ.com (that's the search section), you'll find there's a specific set of instructions on setting up GMail with your Blackberry. The "Send From" option is located in your Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) account...which (if you haven't already activated it) is at https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular.
No, I think you misunderstood. Have you ever added multiple accounts to a Gmail account? It allows you to change the "send from" field on the fly by choosing a different account from a dropdown box.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:57 PM   #5
goaliemn
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kallin View Post
No, I think you misunderstood. Have you ever added multiple accounts to a Gmail account? It allows you to change the "send from" field on the fly by choosing a different account from a dropdown box.
you can't do that from the blackberry. You can't change the "send from" you'll have to setup the emails seperately on the BIS.. I've tried to do this and there isn't any decent way to do it. You can add a "reply to" using a 3rd party app, but thats all I've found.
Closed Thread