Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 05:25 PM   #21
SanFrancisco
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

OK here is how things work. After someone pays for a part via PayPal I almost immediately log on to BBF and remove the item off the below list. So if an item is still listed, e-mail me for payment instructions or other info.

And what is it with the trackball and no one following instructions? That part sold weeks ago but I still get two to three inquiries a week asking if it is still for sale.

Read the list guys. If you see it on the list, it is for sale. I don't like being rude, but I have stopped responding to e-mails asking if a part NOT on the list is available.

AGAIN, IF A PART IS NOT ON THE LIST BELOW, THE PART HAS BEEN SOLD!!!!

-- Bottom Cingular branded plastic piece ($14) - $10 & $4 delivery confirmation shipping. Note: slight blemish on back. Does not detract.

One buyer paid for the case parts AFTER I specifically told him it was a gray case that comes on a Cingular phone. After I had the item ready to ship he backed out of the deal because he made a mistake since his phone was black. Even after I refunded his money did not even get a thank you for letting him undo the deal.

So again guys, the case parts are GRAY, not black. Thanks.

-- Faceplate ($31), including clear plastic LCD protector plate - $25 & $6 delivery confirmation shipping. [a site is selling these for $45].

-- Keyboard ($25) - This keyboard is the black one that comes on the the black phones, such as the Rogers or T-Mo. $20 & $5 delivery confirmation shipping. Sold elsewhere for $30 plus shipping.

-- Speaker - ($20) - Not your subwoofer for sure, but if yours is not working, this one does. $15 & $5 delivery confirmation shipping.

-- Ear piece "Speaker" - ($20) This is the little ear piece speaker that fits underneath the front part of the phone, at the top. It's the speaker underneath those two little holes at the top of the phone. $15 & $5 delivery confirmation shipping.

-- MicroSD Chip "door" - ($15) - These break easy or get bent to where they don't work. Here's a replacement for you. $11 & $4 delivery confirmation shipping.

-- Motherboard - ($40) - This suffered water damage, do not know at all what part of the board shorted out. But this has the camera, USB port, SIM door, and various switches that should work. If you are good with working on circuit boards, should be able to salvage the parts mentioned. $35 & $5 delivery confirmation shipping. Note: A site offers to replace ONLY a USB port, cost $80.

In looking at the USB port with a jeweler's loupe, replacing the USB port appears a simple soldering job. Same for the other parts, such as the earphone port and the various switches. All the soldering points are easily accessed.

Last edited by SanFrancisco; 07-29-2007 at 05:29 PM..
Old 08-07-2007, 08:05 PM   #22
SanFrancisco

List updated, some parts recently sold.

AGAIN, IF A PART IS NOT ON THE LIST BELOW, THE PART HAS BEEN SOLD!!!!

-- Bottom Cingular branded plastic piece ($14) - $10 & $4 delivery confirmation shipping. Note: slight blemish on back. Does not detract.

One buyer paid for the case parts AFTER I specifically told him it was a gray case that comes on a Cingular phone. After I had the item ready to ship he backed out of the deal because he made a mistake since his phone was black. Even after I refunded his money did not even get a thank you for letting him undo the deal.

So again guys, the case parts are GRAY, not black. Thanks.

-- Battery Cover ($10) Slight marks on it, does not detract. $8, plus $2 shipping.

-- Faceplate ($31), including clear plastic LCD protector plate - $25 & $6 delivery confirmation shipping. [a site is selling these for $45].

-- Keyboard ($25) - This keyboard is the black one that comes on the the black phones, such as the Rogers or T-Mo. $20 & $5 delivery confirmation shipping. Sold elsewhere for $30 plus shipping.

-- Speaker - ($20) - Not your subwoofer for sure, but if yours is not working, this one does. $15 & $5 delivery confirmation shipping.

-- Ear piece "Speaker" - ($20) This is the little ear piece speaker that fits underneath the front part of the phone, at the top. It's the speaker underneath those two little holes at the top of the phone. $15 & $5 delivery confirmation shipping.

-- MicroSD Chip "door" - ($15) - These break easy or get bent to where they don't work. Here's a replacement for you. $11 & $4 delivery confirmation shipping.

-- Motherboard - ($40) - This suffered water damage, do not know at all what part of the board shorted out. But this has the camera, USB port, SIM door, and various switches that should work. If you are good with working on circuit boards, should be able to salvage the parts mentioned. $35 & $5 delivery confirmation shipping. Note: A site offers to replace ONLY a USB port, cost $80.

In looking at the USB port with a jeweler's loupe, replacing the USB port appears a simple soldering job. Same for the other parts, such as the earphone port and the various switches. All the soldering points are easily accessed.

Last edited by SanFrancisco; 08-07-2007 at 08:08 PM..
Old 08-12-2007, 01:03 PM   #23
SanFrancisco

List updated, some parts recently sold.

AGAIN, IF A PART IS NOT ON THE LIST BELOW, THE PART HAS BEEN SOLD!!!! [Despite my saying this a zillion times as of Aug 12 I am still getting messages asking about trackball parts, rails, etc.].

Last edited by SanFrancisco; 08-12-2007 at 01:04 PM..
Old 08-14-2007, 04:32 PM   #24
SanFrancisco

List updated. Not much left.

AGAIN, IF A PART IS NOT ON THE LIST BELOW, THE PART HAS BEEN SOLD!!!! [Despite my saying this a zillion times as of Aug 14 I am still getting messages asking about trackball parts, rails, etc.].

-- Speaker - ($20) - Not your subwoofer for sure, but if yours is not working, this one does. $15 & $5 delivery confirmation shipping. This is the "external" speaker, not the earpiece speaker.

Old 08-23-2007, 05:40 PM   #25
enoel

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile
Default pearll parts

Hi i am looking to buy the trackball setup, i dont need the whole thing, but just the ball itself. please e-mail me at [email address]
Old 08-24-2007, 02:28 AM   #26
secrecyguy

Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by enoel View Post
Hi i am looking to buy the trackball setup, i dont need the whole thing, but just the ball itself. please e-mail me at [email address]
He just said several times that you have to PM him or e-mail him. Not post a message here.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:29 AM   #27
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by enoel View Post
If you read above, he states that if an item is NOT on the list it has been sold. It appears he doesn't have that item.

Try this site:

BLACKBERRY 8100 PEARL GSM CELLPHONE PARTS - RIM BLACKBERRY CELL PHONE REPAIR PARTS

Last edited by John Clark; 08-24-2007 at 02:31 AM..
Old 08-24-2007, 02:29 AM   #28
secrecyguy

Carrier: T-mobile

That's good you selling parts here for all the members here.

I think I will part out my 8100 when I get 8300 from T-mobile when it comes out.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:24 PM   #29
dcg28052

Carrier: Cingular
Thumbs down Pearl Parts

Hello, I'm just wondering if you still have the front ear speaker avaliable for that Blackberry Pearl that you're parting out? thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFrancisco View Post
Details
Item :Parted Out BlackBerry Pearl 8100 - one month old
Price :$1 to whatever.
Currency :U.S.
Condition : 10/10
Includes :Part purchased only.

Selling Details
Willing to Ship :Continental U.S. ONLY, you pay actual shipping costs.
Payment Methods :PayPal ONLY

DO NOT POST YOUR WANTS OR NEEDS IN THIS THREAD, I WILL NOT BE CHECKING IT. If you do post in this thread, you will be talking to yourself.

I want to avoid what happens sometimes, people saying "I have dibs, it's sold, it's mine" and whatever.

PM me stating what you are looking for and I will get back to you and say whether the part is still available. I will also tell you a price.

Notes

I have parted out a Cingular one-month old Pearl and am selling everything in bits and pieces. So check it out.

Many parts are those that members cannot get anywhere, such as the side rails, speaker, MicroSD door, face plate, rear plate, microphone, individual parts making up the trackball assembly, etc.

I am also selling the perfect condition LCD display and keyboard [T-Mo themed]. As you know, those parts are not rare in that they are being sold on the Net.

I will include pics with your purchase, on how to take apart the Pearl.

All parts have been tested with the exception of the mother board which I assume is what fried on this phone when it got wet. Everything but the motherboard works. But because there's all kinds of ways to ruin your install or switch parts and say mine are defective, I am selling these parts as-is, meaning if they don't work, I cannot be held liable. But on the LCD, for example, I hooked it up to my phone and made a video showing the display is working.

http://www.heartinsanfrancisco.com/bbpearlparts1.jpg

http://www.heartinsanfrancisco.com/bbpearlparts2.jpg
Old 09-02-2007, 06:43 PM   #30
dcg28052

Carrier: Cingular
Thumbs down

Hi, do you still nave the ear speaker for this Pearl avaliable? if so, please let me know and I'll purchase it, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFrancisco View Post
http://www.heartinsanfrancisco.com/aniupdate.gifIf you do NOT see the part on the list, it has been sold.

Lots of people are asking for a price on individual parts and then I never hear from them. I think my prices are fairly low, but I guess most members want to pay $2 or less for most of these items.

So you can consider if you want a part or not and we can eliminate your disappointment on finding out that these rare parts are not being sold for less than a Starbuck's coffee, here is my price list.

If a part is listed below, it is still available.

Old 09-02-2007, 08:18 PM   #31
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

See this post:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/buy-...tml#post633318
Old 09-10-2007, 04:42 PM   #32
TrueDis

Model: Bold

Where did you go SanFrancisco? I PM'd you about interest in the memory card door.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:57 PM   #33
markben151

is the faceplate still avalible?
Old 07-08-2008, 02:25 AM   #34
xaydin

Carrier: tmobile
Exclamation Parts