BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 07:23 PM   #21
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: post here if you pre ordered a Playbook, dont post if you did knot please

Please Login to Remove!

I am getting a lot of questions about the PB from friends and co-workers. And many of them already have iPads. No one is asking me about Android tablets, which have gone quiet (even the Xoom is not quite right).

I am cautiously (VERY CAUTIOUSLY) optimistic about the Playbook, but a lot of people (NOT HERE - elsewhere) haven't gotten their head around the fact that you will need to bridget to your BB to get BES e-mail. Which even I, a fervent RIM supporter, am not happy about.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:40 PM   #22
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW
Default Re: post here if you pre ordered a Playbook, dont post if you did knot please

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTone View Post
If these anecdotals are any indication of how sales are going to go, then Apple loyalists are going to be very upset.
WHAT!?
Old 04-03-2011, 09:27 PM   #23
TonyTone
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevetaz View Post
I have to say that with the type of audience these forums attract I expected to see a great deal more members posting that they preordered.
[...]
To be honest, there's probably not such a great response to this thread because it simply asks to post if you've pre-ordered. But there's no value to that so people just don't respond.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:30 PM   #24
TonyTone
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin3107 View Post
WHAT!?
Quite a few people have indicated that the playbook is the first thing that they've ever pre-ordered. I suspect that's true for a lot of people. Thus, the Playbook opening numbers may be larger than the Blackberry haters want to see.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:24 PM   #25
MI_Jester
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

64GB from Best Buy, in store. It was the only place out of Staples, OfficeMax, and Best Buy to allow me to order in store and pick it up on launch day. The other ones said it would ship TO them on launch and I would have to wait. That means the people on the street would get theirs before me, the person that pre-ordered. I've seen tons of product launches back when I worked at Electronics Boutique and none were handled this poorly by retailers. It's not RIM's fault, but these people need to figure out how to do a launch.

First time pre-ordering anything other than a game/movie.

Jester
Old 04-05-2011, 05:32 AM   #26
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Quite a few people have indicated that the playbook is the first thing that they've ever pre-ordered. I suspect that's true for a lot of people. Thus, the Playbook opening numbers may be larger than the Blackberry haters want to see.
How many is 'quite a few people'? Where are you getting your numbers?
Hopefully you aren't judging by this thread alone.

I'm not a BlackBerry hater or a PlayBook hater or a RIM hater. I still think the Playbook is going to be a huge flop when it launches and overall sales aren't going to meet anyone's expectations.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:11 PM   #27
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Model: iP4S

Ungh... Staples is leaving a lot to be desired. My pre-order was cancelled, although Staples insists that the order is still valid. Huh? And the delivery date has moved from the 11th to the 18th-20th.

*sigh*

Apple really handles this stuff so much better. I wonder how many others are having trouble with their pre-order, and why does this all seem so sloppy?

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:28 PM   #28
TonyTone
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
How many is 'quite a few people'? Where are you getting your numbers?
Hopefully you aren't judging by this thread alone.

I'm not a BlackBerry hater or a PlayBook hater or a RIM hater. I still think the Playbook is going to be a huge flop when it launches and overall sales aren't going to meet anyone's expectations.
"huge flop"? How much is huge? What is your criteria for this conclusion? Hopefully you're not judging by this thread alone.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:48 PM   #29
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Quote:
"huge flop"? How much is huge? What is your criteria for this conclusion? Hopefully you're not judging by this thread alone.
Huge = 3536 lbs. of failure. (with a 1% margin of error.)
My criteria for my conclusion has been given previously in several posts of mine, dating back to when this thing was originally dubbed the "BlackPad". No need for me to reiterate. Feel free to read my post history if you're genuinely interested in my opinion.
Definitely not judging by this thread alone. I've been personally predicting the demise of RIM's tablet since they first announced its development.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:51 PM   #30
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Quote:
Huge = 3536 lbs. of failure. (with a 1% margin of error.)
That's a boat load of failure, right there.

Semper Fi 3/2/2
Old 04-05-2011, 06:59 PM   #31
stevetaz
CrackBerry Addict

Model: S III
Carrier: sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifonline View Post
Ungh... Staples is leaving a lot to be desired. My pre-order was cancelled, although Staples insists that the order is still valid. Huh? And the delivery date has moved from the 11th to the 18th-20th.

*sigh*

Apple really handles this stuff so much better. I wonder how many others are having trouble with their pre-order, and why does this all seem so sloppy?
I have found the same thing after checking my order. When I called the reply was that they have to cancel the preorder and create the "real" order for when they come in. The delivery is now stated on their site as
"Pre-order your BlackBerry® PlayBookxxx8482; Tablet by April 17th, 2011 to reserve one of these limited quantity tablets. Product will ship between April 18th and April 20th. Expected delivery: 1 - 3 business days, arriving no earlier than April 19th 2011. Your credit card will be charged at shipment."

It is obvious the phone reps are given no information or warning and have a very short script. 4 times after asking questions I got the "hold on" response. When I asked why I got no notice and had to find out the change in delivery date by looking at the site all I got was the "I am so sorry for that", but no explanation or anything. That was after she stammered and said the preorder was to verify your credit card was good and stuff! How insulting.

I am really starting to question if I should just cancel and see what the reports are after general release. I know I can't blame RIM for Staples reps, but I am feeling like RIM is leaving everyone out in the wind. I wonder if it was RIM that gave April 11 initially and then said oooops, never mind. Make it April 18-20.

I will sleep on it and it sure seems like I have time now....

<grrrr>

Last edited by stevetaz; 04-05-2011 at 07:03 PM..
Old 04-06-2011, 06:26 AM   #32
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Yeah, but who is at fault here? Certainly Staples for the way they are handling the pre-order (cancelled orders replaced by new orders?)... but what about RIM? Wouldn't they want to ensure a smooth rollout of their new product?

*shrug*

Semper Fi 3/2/2
Old 04-06-2011, 01:02 PM   #33
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

Smooth like people still lining up at 7AM for a new iPad?
OK - this has gone off course.

Back on topic please. If you ordered one, please post. If your ordered got cancelled by Staples, contact them.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:23 PM   #34
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
Smooth like people still lining up at 7AM for a new iPad?
Yep. That would still be better than being told that my pre-order has been cancelled.

Semper Fi 3/2/2
Old 04-08-2011, 12:18 AM   #35
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

I ordered the 16GB at the Best Buy store today.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:46 PM   #36
TonyTone
Thumbs Must Hurt

but I'm wondering ... what's the sense in pre-ordering if the device will deliver a day or 2 AFTER it becomes available in stores?
Old 04-08-2011, 06:43 PM   #37
stevetaz
CrackBerry Addict

Model: S III
Carrier: sprint

I'm inherently lazy and like to be waited on?
Old 04-11-2011, 11:00 AM   #38
knottyrope
BlackBerry Elite

Model: DT60
PIN: t of blood has been taken
Carrier: AT&T-US with I dee ten tee errors

Quote:
but I'm wondering ... what's the sense in pre-ordering if the device will deliver a day or 2 AFTER it becomes available in stores?
to make sure you can get one
It doesn't even matter

Rocking the Motion with out lotion.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:47 PM   #39
OVERKILL
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9900
Carrier: Rogers

Two ordered through our corporate rep at Rogers. Should be here tomorrow or Thursday.
Blackberry user since 2001.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:49 AM   #40
reez

Carrier: rogers

Ordered from Bestbuy.ca - got response "out of inventory" n April 20, a day after the launch, but all their stores have them! Cancelled the order, went downstairs from my office and bought 2 from Wireless Wave with no problem.

Pre-orders my a##!

Bad customer service BestBuy!!. U should have known how many to order for the pre-orders and shipped those first!
Closed Thread