Wirelessly posted (My blond BlackBerry)

As much as golf is a sport
Old 06-20-2009, 02:49 PM   #24
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

The OP is just plain ignorant, and from his post here in this thread, exceptionally so.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:37 PM   #25
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Model: iP4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBoldAddict View Post
No one has provided a logical answer! Please do not be biased.
First off, no one has provided a "logical" answer because your original rant was twaddle, as your follow-up was nonsensical.

Nevertheless, I will add my latest experience as of last night. I pulled my BlackBerry Bold from my pocket (it is not in any kind of protective case and there is no screen protection) and immediately dropped it. I threw my foot out in some sort of bizarre reaction that can only be called Riverdance. The Bold clipped the tip of my toe, and I let out an argh that alarmed my girlfriend enough that she thought I was falling over. Despite my best efforts to the contrary, the Bold launched off my big toe and hit the concrete garage floor with a sickening thud. The battery door went one way, the battery another, and the remains of the Bold slid across the concrete. Ever heard nails drug across a chalkboard? Yeah... it was that bad.

I didn't move. I didn't want to, because I didn't want to see what was left. My girlfriend picked up the pieces and handed them back to me. I checked the battery door and it was fine. No scratches, no scuffs, no dings or dents. I checked the battery. It too was fine, although it did show some scratches and scuffs from hitting the concrete.

And then I checked the Bold. Long story short, the screen is perfect and shows no signs of damage at all. The keys are all intact and completely undamaged. The mid-plate is ever so slightly scuffed from the concrete. The only significant damage is the chrome bezel. The upper right front corner is scuffed to the point that it is black, and there are some smaller scuffs (down to the black plastic) scattered about the bezel. All in all, the Bold faired extremely well, and I am very, very pleased with the outcome.

Granted, I would be happier if it wasn't scuffed at all, and even happier still if I hadn't dropped it and done my best Michael Flatley impression.

Flash back two weeks, and my girlfriend did the exact same thing to her Bold, except she didn't throw a spastic leg out in a futile attempt to catch it like a hacky sack player. Her BlackBerry hit full force on a concrete sidewalk. Same outcome where the only damage was to the chrome bezel. Heck, her Bold faired better than mine did!

So, to wrap up... two Bolds, two drops, two pleasant outcomes. I can only conclude from my own experiences that the Bold is manufactured very well, and is a sturdy device worthy of my ownership.

Now I'm off to take dance lessons. Good day to you.

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.

Last edited by ifonline; 06-20-2009 at 04:39 PM..
Old 06-20-2009, 04:56 PM   #26
Flight714
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A

One of the sales reps in my district drops his BB Pearl on the ground as part of his sales pitch. Now, if (or when) that thing breaks, he's going to look like a moron, but so far he's been pretty good at selling RIM product. I wouldn't do that with a Storm, but I think they make a fairly solid phone overall. If you want to talk about price, look at what the Omnia or just about any HTC goes for on MRSP compared to a Blackberry.
The best part was the "In conclusion..."
Old 06-20-2009, 05:05 PM   #27
ifonline
Magic Bananas

And it will break, certainly, after repeated abuse, as would virtually anything else... I suppose a block of steel would survive repeated abuse such as this, but as I understand it, they aren't so good for making phone calls.

For the OP to qualify these devices an generally cheap to the point that RIM will fail as a company is just plain imbecilic.

Semper Fi 3/2/2
Old 06-21-2009, 01:20 AM   #28
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7
Carrier: AT&T

I agree they feel cheap, but they do hold up. I've dropped many and never had a problem.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:59 AM   #29
NewBoldAddict

Model: 9000
PIN: 256AEA66
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mriff View Post
Go find one of these models. It was a tank.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3148/...20065cc2_o.jpg
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
The OP is just plain ignorant, and from his post here in this thread, exceptionally so.
I do not think so

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifonline View Post
First off, no one has provided a "logical" answer because your original rant was twaddle, as your follow-up was nonsensical.

Nevertheless, I will add my latest experience as of last night. I pulled my BlackBerry Bold from my pocket (it is not in any kind of protective case and there is no screen protection) and immediately dropped it. I threw my foot out in some sort of bizarre reaction that can only be called Riverdance. The Bold clipped the tip of my toe, and I let out an argh that alarmed my girlfriend enough that she thought I was falling over. Despite my best efforts to the contrary, the Bold launched off my big toe and hit the concrete garage floor with a sickening thud. The battery door went one way, the battery another, and the remains of the Bold slid across the concrete. Ever heard nails drug across a chalkboard? Yeah... it was that bad.

I didn't move. I didn't want to, because I didn't want to see what was left. My girlfriend picked up the pieces and handed them back to me. I checked the battery door and it was fine. No scratches, no scuffs, no dings or dents. I checked the battery. It too was fine, although it did show some scratches and scuffs from hitting the concrete.

And then I checked the Bold. Long story short, the screen is perfect and shows no signs of damage at all. The keys are all intact and completely undamaged. The mid-plate is ever so slightly scuffed from the concrete. The only significant damage is the chrome bezel. The upper right front corner is scuffed to the point that it is black, and there are some smaller scuffs (down to the black plastic) scattered about the bezel. All in all, the Bold faired extremely well, and I am very, very pleased with the outcome.

Granted, I would be happier if it wasn't scuffed at all, and even happier still if I hadn't dropped it and done my best Michael Flatley impression.

Flash back two weeks, and my girlfriend did the exact same thing to her Bold, except she didn't throw a spastic leg out in a futile attempt to catch it like a hacky sack player. Her BlackBerry hit full force on a concrete sidewalk. Same outcome where the only damage was to the chrome bezel. Heck, her Bold faired better than mine did!

So, to wrap up... two Bolds, two drops, two pleasant outcomes. I can only conclude from my own experiences that the Bold is manufactured very well, and is a sturdy device worthy of my ownership.

Now I'm off to take dance lessons. Good day to you.
Good Tester! However, don't you think your reply is too detailed?LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight714 View Post
One of the sales reps in my district drops his BB Pearl on the ground as part of his sales pitch. Now, if (or when) that thing breaks, he's going to look like a moron, but so far he's been pretty good at selling RIM product. I wouldn't do that with a Storm, but I think they make a fairly solid phone overall. If you want to talk about price, look at what the Omnia or just about any HTC goes for on MRSP compared to a Blackberry.
The best part was the "In conclusion..."
Are you trying to say that Blackberries have better build materials than HTC !!!!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifonline View Post
And it will break, certainly, after repeated abuse, as would virtually anything else... I suppose a block of steel would survive repeated abuse such as this, but as I understand it, they aren't so good for making phone calls.

For the OP to qualify these devices an generally cheap to the point that RIM will fail as a company is just plain imbecilic.
Abuse!! what are you talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXLady View Post
Of course, you aren't.
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin3107 View Post
Fishing is a sport? ;)
Yes, it is. And if not, we can consider it since all sports are added and categorized by humans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
I agree they feel cheap, but they do hold up. I've dropped many and never had a problem.
The only non-biased and logical answer so far
Old 06-21-2009, 09:23 AM   #30
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

Is anyone else starting to feel bad for this guy?
Old 06-21-2009, 09:53 AM   #31
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

Yes, but I do enjoy the entertainment.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:56 AM   #32
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

I still don't have a map.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:14 AM   #33
SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

Model: 9650
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

Quote:

The only non-biased and logical answer so far
That's only because he sorta agreed with you...

Quote:
Yes, very much so.. He will not stop till someone agrees with him so should we all just say he is right and walk away????

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Yes, but I do enjoy the entertainment.
Ditto

You know for a Bold Addict (as your name implies) you really seem too happy with it...

Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by SteveO86; 06-21-2009 at 11:16 AM..
Old 06-21-2009, 12:35 PM   #34
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Quote:
Good Tester! However, don't you think your reply is too detailed?LOL
That is the best you have for a response? Really? No comment on how my experience counters your claims that the devices are cheap? Nothing but a comment on the detail of my reply?

This is obviously not a discussion for you... You are not looking to carry on a conversation with others, but are instead trying to get people worked up. You are quite possibly the most insanely idiotic person I have ever had the displeasure to attempt conversation with. I have had shouting matches with more depth than this.

Therefore, I must return to my original comment that you must be bored to have started this thread so I can make an amendment:

Quote:
*Sigh*

Someone has to be a moron to start this thread...

Semper Fi 3/2/2
Old 06-21-2009, 02:57 PM   #35
mriff
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: iPhon
PIN: High

Quote:
Absolutely. But it's like watching a train wreck. Can't turn away.
Old 06-21-2009, 04:13 PM   #36
Flight714

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A

Quote:
Are you trying to say that Blackberries have better build materials than HTC !!!!?
This is turning into a Michael Bay trainwreck.

Here, I'll sum up my point in a nutshell: Blackberries generally cost less than HTCs and some other smartphones when you buy them without a contract....AKA MSRP.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:20 AM   #37
CoDudette
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: iOS
PIN: OT Noir.
Carrier: Vodafone IN

Quote:
I think you dropped it on your pillow LOL.
if my pillow is a concrete floor then ok, i did drop it on my pillow.

you went on and on about how cheap the parts are etc etc.

you got a very nice and detailed reply from one of the members.

Then you go and laugh and say he's written a detailed reply.

IF we just agree and tell you, like Steve has mentioned, then will you be satisfied?
DO you think that our experiences of dropping our phones and having no problems with them except for a few scuffs and scratches isn't good enough to prove your point? if one of the members did have a nasty experience they'd share with you wouldn't they? what do they have to hide?
i do think you're just trying to provoke people into agreeing with you. if you don't like the way a phone is made, then don't use it. simple. Use something which asthetically appeals to your liking.

In a nutshell, what tree did you fall from? or were you just dropped on your head when you were a baby?

Last edited by CoDudette; 06-22-2009 at 05:28 AM..
Old 06-22-2009, 10:07 AM   #38
Johnny909
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8310
PIN: Worms
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by juwaack68 View Post
Wirelessly posted (My blond BlackBerry)

As much as golf is a sport
okay fine
Old 06-22-2009, 12:37 PM   #39
bullguy

Model: Bold
PIN: 20E057D9
Carrier: STC

leave him alone.... he had nighmare with rim i guess
Old 06-22-2009, 01:01 PM   #40
wabbit
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Droid
PIN: PONG???
Carrier: verizon

Quote:
If you buy a Bold or 8900 for 500$ and one day slips off your hand, you will understand what I'm saying. The entire device will disassemble, crashes and stops working.
and dropping an iphone, a htc, a nokia, and any other phone is different?

yeh i can understand dropping a portable plastic device on concrete they break. hence why care should be taken while operating them.

hey did you know, if you run over a cell phone/smart phone and other electronic product they break. heck if my 50 pioneer kuru falls off the wall you think it will be in one ?
Closed Thread