Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 08:17 AM   #41
rextilleon
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

Please Login to Remove!

Okay---final update. First, the reason they didn't respond to my emails is that for some reason they went into Bee Jive's spam box---I have no idea why but that is what happened. Second---they offered me a refund that I greatly appreciate. They also explained to me that the reason they have the two tiered structure is because their market research indicated that many who own Blackberry's don't have the 29.99. In other words, they made a business decision based on their market research.

Again, I disagree with the policy, but understand their reasoning behind it. They have done everything in the power to satisfy me, and I think they are a stand up company. Finally, I think the product is great, and would highly recommend it to anyone who needs IM on their Blackberry.

Thats all folks.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:22 AM   #42
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Glad to see you recieved a positive result.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:35 AM   #43
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I think most here expected this result! As they are a very reputable company and the application is awesome!

This thread has been a very interesting "debate" about the situation and I have enjoyed it quite a bit!
Good day to all
Old 11-12-2007, 09:58 AM   #44
rextilleon
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thank you all for your support and the good points you made.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:10 PM   #45
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
Okay---final update. First, the reason they didn't respond to my emails is that for some reason they went into Bee Jive's spam box---I have no idea why but that is what happened. Second---they offered me a refund that I greatly appreciate. They also explained to me that the reason they have the two tiered structure is because their market research indicated that many who own Blackberry's don't have the 29.99. In other words, they made a business decision based on their market research.

Again, I disagree with the policy, but understand their reasoning behind it. They have done everything in the power to satisfy me, and I think they are a stand up company. Finally, I think the product is great, and would highly recommend it to anyone who needs IM on their Blackberry.
Excellent to see this matter has been resolved....

I should quote something I already posted:
Quote:
(2) Spam filters have been way too aggressive these days; your email may have not been seen. Try sending to them from a different email address, or through a website form;
Unfortunately, this is very common today.

Spammers have ruined the Internet Email system to a certain extent, to the point where sometimes we email somebody and there's now a significant chance (i.e. 1%, 2%, 5%) that the email will get moved automatically to a spam filter.

Consumers can do these tactics:
- Email from more than one different email address, but space them out one per day and use totally different text (type the email again), so your body doesn't get flagged as a duplicate spam
- In one of them, reply to pre-existing correspondence (i.e. "Subject: Confirmation of JiveTalk Registration")

I'm not happy about the overly-aggressive spam filtering, but it's a problem that has been happening more often and is a common reason behind "I never got your email."
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source
Old 11-12-2007, 06:26 PM   #46
apple85
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Tour
Carrier: Verizon

There is a difference between lost and stolen... It's no wonder we use a leash or they'd always end up in the street...

LIke I said before though I'm glad they ended up working things out with you Rex!
Old 11-12-2007, 06:31 PM   #47
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple85 View Post
There is a difference between lost and stolen... It's no wonder we use a leash or they'd always end up in the street...

LIke I said before though I'm glad they ended up working things out with you Rex!
no they both disappeared. I dont know what really happened to it. It could have been stolen I could have lost it.

But I can report it stolen to my carrier and get something from them in writing as such and no one would be the wiser.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:33 PM   #48
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

Now if Ford, Chevy, Nissan and GMC would just offer a refund on those stolen tailgates.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:02 PM   #49
apple85
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Tour

I wasn't asking for one ;) I'm paying my $250 bucks to insurance and getting my use outta insurance. I did call Chevy and ***** through the ranks they should start to put locks on them again ;)
Old 11-13-2007, 12:31 AM   #50
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

Model: 9530
PIN: G Pong Champ
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.

Ok my 2 cents, I am also not a big fan of the two tier license structure and Bee Jive is not the first. I am also not a fan of locking software to a device. I have had the exact same problem with a laptop and some remote access software that was linked to my CPUs serial number. I purchase a new laptop about every 6 months and that limitation was terrible and costly. On the flip side I also understand protecting your products from being used without payment. We see enough posts on these forums about people trying to beat the system. I am very happy they worked with you. Most legit companies will bend over backwards to keep their customers happy.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:55 AM   #51
rextilleon
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by troydbrown View Post
Ok my 2 cents, I am also not a big fan of the two tier license structure and Bee Jive is not the first. I am also not a fan of locking software to a device. I have had the exact same problem with a laptop and some remote access software that was linked to my CPUs serial number. I purchase a new laptop about every 6 months and that limitation was terrible and costly. On the flip side I also understand protecting your products from being used without payment. We see enough posts on these forums about people trying to beat the system. I am very happy they worked with you. Most legit companies will bend over backwards to keep their customers happy.

And Bee Jive did. Here is the deal. In th case of Jive Talk----they have an online system in place where they can pretty much assure that no one is going to put a copy on more then one BB.
Closed Thread