SanFrancisco
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aekhhi
I agree with this! I'm tired of reading advertisements in the middle of a thread.
So you don't tire yourself so much, just don't read the threads. Like the one post said, it should be fairly easy to scan the thread titles and pass on the ones that don't interest you.

Besides, there are not that many. I too find pop up ads and other intrusions offensive and tiresome to deal with, but IMHO Seidio has not been abusive in their postings.

And as far as I know, everyone is welcome here. You should not feel unwelcome. If someone is making you feel unwelcome, just don't let it get to you. I think most Members are well meaning [hmmm... while there are some borderline types, I let them move on and try not to take things personal].

And by the way: WELCOME!!!!!!!!

Last edited by SanFrancisco; 11-13-2006 at 11:16 PM..
Old 11-13-2006, 11:07 PM   #42
gsxr150
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasperapd
This thread no longer has anything to do with the 8100 forum, and really needs to be moved please.
This does have to do with the 8100 forum. It's clutter that we don't need. There is a "product and accessory forum" where these people can post.

Like I said, I know there will be no changes. Maybe it's off to Pinstack for some of us.
Sound Mod
Old 11-13-2006, 11:07 PM   #43
SanFrancisco

Quote:
This thread no longer has anything to do with the 8100 forum, and really needs to be moved please.

The OP should have put this in the Rant section or sent a PM to a mod? Query: Is there a Rant section? I did not know that.

Close this thread. Too much negativity. IMHO everyone has made excellent points, but seems things are starting to get mean. Isn't this supposed to be a fun site and a place where people go for help?

Last edited by SanFrancisco; 11-13-2006 at 11:17 PM..
Old 11-13-2006, 11:23 PM   #44
aekhhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFrancisco
So you don't tire yourself so much, just don't read the threads. Like the one post said, it should be fairly easy to scan the thread titles and pass on the ones that don't interest you.

Besides, there are not that many. I too find pop up ads and other intrusions offensive and tiresome to deal with, but IMHO Seidio has not been abusive in their postings.

And as far as I know, everyone is welcome here. You should not feel unwelcome. If someone is making you feel unwelcome, just don't let it get to you. I think most Members are well meaning [hmmm... while there are some borderline types, I let them move on and try not to take things personal].

And by the way: WELCOME!!!!!!!!
Um no offense, but since the moderators tell me to go scan other messages in hopes of finding my answer to a blackberry question, I do have to read threads and I do read the ones I want to read. but its still very annoying to see an advertisement right in the middle of that thread. to me, that is saying that the advertisement is more important than the content in the thread. provide a section for advertisers outside of the actual thread section. its an easy suggestion and will keep advertisers and posters happy.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:34 PM   #45
phungy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: iFone
Carrier: AT&T™

Can we close the thread now? We've beat the dead horse and now there's nothing left.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:46 PM   #46
gsxr150
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Sprint

Yeah, I posted it, and I say we should close it now. I feel I did get my point accross.
Sound Mod
Old 11-13-2006, 11:52 PM   #47
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Um no offense, but since the moderators tell me to go scan other messages in hopes of finding my answer to a blackberry question, I do have to read threads and I do read the ones I want to read. but its still very annoying to see an advertisement right in the middle of that thread. to me, that is saying that the advertisement is more important than the content in the thread. provide a section for advertisers outside of the actual thread section. its an easy suggestion and will keep advertisers and posters happy.
Are you talking about display ads or ads in the form of threads?

If you are seeing display ads, that is because you are not logged in. I have thought as times I am logged in, but I'm not. When I look in the right hand corner I see that I am not logged in.

When not logged in, that is the only time I see display ads.

If you are referring to ads that are simply threads, I don't find those hard to ignore if I want.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:34 AM   #48
d_fisher
Retired BlackBerryForums.com Moderator

Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
I agreed, this thread is now moved to Rants and Raves Forum.

Remember, please try searching first!

Need a screenshot? ... Like JavaLoader?
Try using BBscreen .....Use JL_Cmder!
or BBScreenShooter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-14-2006, 11:21 AM   #49
Pizzle
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 8310
PIN: T + PINT = QUART
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
I agree with this! I'm tired of reading advertisements in the middle of a thread. I don't mind the advertisements off the to the side, but it is necessary to advertise right in the middle of a threat? Why not make an area just for the advertisers?

Also I agree about Pinstack! and no offense to the moderators here because I know you are helpful, but I felt very unwelcomed here where other boards, I felt welcomed. maybe thats just me, but I just feel very unwelcomed here.
Aren't you the same user who took 5 whole posts before you flamed the mods?

http://www.blackberryforums.com/rants-raves-forum/53792-rude.html

In response to the following?

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8100-series-discussion/53783-unlock-my-blackberry.html

You've been given NUMEROUS reasons as to why your thread was closed, and why no one deserved to be flamed in this case.

Relax.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:25 AM   #50
coreyg510
BBF Veteran

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

To All Members:

Please keep in mind that we do encourage the proper placing of threads. HOWEVER, we are people just like you and sometimes we may miss one. Other times, there is no appropriate forum to put a reply or thread in.

Actually in most cases, someone asks where they can find a decent case or skin for their BB and that is (in most cases) when a Seidio makes a reply.

As of now, the Moderation Team has found no reason for concern. We will continue to move threads and moderate as we see appropriate. If you have any other concerns, Please feel free to take it up in a PM with me. Thanks

Gecko

**Thread Closed**
Old 11-14-2006, 11:46 AM   #51
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

Just to add, if you have a problem with a thread, there is a 'Report Bad Post' feature that gets emailed to all of the moderation team. It's the exclamation point below someone's name/avatar. I have yet to see ONE thread that has been reported.

Matters like these tend to be best dealt with privately.