Old 09-30-2011, 09:28 AM   #1
Critters

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TMobile
Default In the pipeline Right!!

Please Login to Remove!

I bought the playbook for 2 main reasons:

1) To watch movies on planes. Yes it has a high def screen but how do you actually view movies. I had to buy a DVD, it took me over 5 hrs to download video conversion software to my pc and then transfer the movie to the playbook. I did this the night before travelling and have to get up early the next day to complete the process. That will not be happening again. How does the ipad do this. Log on to itunes pick a movie click rent watch on the plane.

2) For the blackberry bridge and the ease of dealing with emails while travelling and to be ability to open and edit office documents. How Blackberry are telling me I have to download docs to the phone media card first. (I get error attachment too large even on very small files) so thats a pain in the arse. How does ipad do this. Simply email the documents click and open. My IT guys also tell me that our email system is already configured to send emails to an ipad or android phone. They also said I should have bought an ipad. They consider the playbook to be a work in progress.

I was a bit of a test case in our office people are keen to hear how the playbook has worked out. My advice is simple get an ipad and while you are at it ditch the blackberry phone and get an android.

I would like to sell my playbook on ebay but since the retailers are now giving them away it hardly worth it.

But back to the problem in hand. (error large attachment) I have seen the same problem listed on a few blackberry forums. With a comment that a fix is in the pipeline. Is this true.

This should be playbooks catch phrase. A fix, an app, whatever is in the pipeline.

Malcolm
Old 09-30-2011, 09:39 AM   #2
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: In the pipeline Right!!

The iPad is still miles ahead of the PlayBook, but most of us bought the PlayBook knowing full well it was a work in progress and would take time to get it right. If you expected seamless operation and a mature ecosystem straight out of the box then you weren't paying attention. Let's see what OS 2 brings for the PlayBook.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:46 AM   #3
Critters

Model: 9700
Carrier: TMobile

I didnt expect seamless operation. I only expected 2 things. To watch movies and have a blackberry bridge that works. Both items that featured heavily in BBs marketing. If it a beta product then they shouldnt have charged $500. Hence why they now need to give them away.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:11 AM   #4
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

Feel free to complain directly to RIM.
I had no problem converting movies to the appropriate formats. Been doing that for my iPad for years.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:18 PM   #5
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

User error.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 10-01-2011, 06:14 AM   #6
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Model: iP4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critters View Post
I was a bit of a test case in our office people are keen to hear how the playbook has worked out. My advice is simple get an ipad and while you are at it ditch the blackberry phone and get an android.
There's the problem right there... people are relying on you to give sound tech advice.

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:25 AM   #7
Thiego-uk
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: SGS2
Carrier: T-Mobile UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critters View Post
I had to buy a DVD, it took me over 5 hrs to download video conversion software to my pc and then transfer the movie to the playbook.
Thats a bit too much work. I havent seen a DVD in years, why didnt you just download a online version of the movie you were looking for?
The PB does streams MP4 as well, I think that you should inform yourself better about the product previous of buying it.
Also, 95% of the tech problems are the end user and not the product itself, I do blame the PB for some stuff but having a hard time transferring files and streaming a content stored in its hard drive is a bit too much to blame it for and it's definitely something it does well...
Closed Thread