Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 07:13 PM   #1
ThisGuyBB

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Website timouts

Please Login to Remove!

As far as I can tell, I seem to be the only one with this particular problem. It all started when I bought a web space for my own personal use. I use my laptop a lot so I decided that through verizon I would get the plan to tether my BB curve 8330.

Everything was great until I tried to go to the page I had just purchased. It tells me through firefox that it is timing out. This is where it gets interesting though. If I go to my site through the blackberry's web browser there is no problem.

I've talked to verizon already and they are scratching their heads seeing as the same thing happens when they try it as well. Even the internal VW cards they are pushing in the new hp notebooks that they are selling will not go to the site.

This is a personal BB not on a corporate account. I tried to change my TCP/IP settings to use OPENdns servers, but that did not help find my site. I can go to the site if and when I can get a wifi connection, which does not happen often.

If anyone has any ideas as to what I can do to fix this, or if its just one of though "nothing we can do about it" things that I've grown to know about with verizon, I would greatly like to know.

The website is thisguybb.voodoouser.com. I am using Windows XP with SP2. Any other info you might need please le me know.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:39 PM   #2
schale01

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint

It sounds like something is screwy with the dns record for your site. I know RIMs browser goes through their NOC so DNS records could have updated to them quicker. I would test the site through a 3rd party browser like Bolt or opera mini.

I would say your best bet is contacting the company you purchased the page through and ensure that all DNS servers have been pushed the update. Also it can take 2 hours+ for a DNS update to take effect throughout the entire internet.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:10 PM   #3
ThisGuyBB

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

Ive had the package for 4 days now. They also gave me a site drums.voodoohosting.com to be able to ftp into while I wait for the dns servers to catch up. But even that address was not working out and figured it would correct itslef after the main page address would of kicked in.
Closed Thread