BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 09:17 AM   #1
pa4o85
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: none
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Mtel
Default Persistent Store: the number of objects - to be more or to be less!!! What is better?

Please Login to Remove!

I have a persistent store model. Each persistent object (that corresponds to the specified key for the store) is a list of objects. Each object of that list has a field that is the key from the persistent store corresponding to the next list of objects. So that a tree structure is released. My question is...can i put in a persistent store object each element of the tree. In this case there will be more persistent store objects. Is it better (for development quality) to have more persistent store objects ? Thanks !!!
Old 07-28-2008, 02:04 PM   #2
bemshaswing
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7103
Carrier: Verizon

if i understand your question properly (and forgive me if I don't) you're asking whether or not it's better to have multiple objects persistently stored seperately or one tree object stored by itself.

I think that aside from your own stylistic preference, the only difference I can think of is that, if you store multiple objects seperately, and need to make calls to all of them, you may take a battery hit as going to disk is costly. Having one object requires just one call, which is lest costly.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:03 AM   #3
pa4o85
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: none
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Mtel

You are almost there. It is not a tree but a list of objects. The main idea i get from your words is that the access to the persistent store costs the battery - I didn't know that. Thanks for the answer, I will have that in mind !!! Cheers !
Closed Thread