Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 06:40 AM   #1
Alixday

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Mac mail Error

Please Login to Remove!

I am using Verizon Fios as an ISP. Upon installing/adding the Verizon account to my BB mail services. Mac Mail registers a password has been rejected error. The password is correct and the BB and Mac Mail continue to receive email without incident. The issue is that 4x an hour I get this password error in mac mail. Any thoughts.

BTW I have tested it, by removing the account from the BB and the errors stop. Once I return the account to the BB the errors start again.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:53 AM   #2
David.Burke
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 3GS
Carrier: Rogers

I remember reading something about this somewhere (that's specific), but in layman's terms I believe it has to do with the BB and Mail polling for email at the same time. Only one application will connect with the server, and the other gets a password error. Someone with more tech savvy than me will jump in and clarify my mudification. Welcome to the forums!
Old 06-18-2008, 07:48 AM   #3
idealist
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8800
PIN: 240F8BEC
Carrier: TMO
Default .Mac Mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alixday View Post
I am using Verizon Fios as an ISP. Upon installing/adding the Verizon account to my BB mail services. Mac Mail registers a password has been rejected error. The password is correct and the BB and Mac Mail continue to receive email without incident. The issue is that 4x an hour I get this password error in mac mail. Any thoughts.

BTW I have tested it, by removing the account from the BB and the errors stop. Once I return the account to the BB the errors start again.
I have .Mac mail also and I set a rule to forward all mail I receive in .Mac Mail to my blackberry email address, its not instant but it works flawlessly with my blackberry. Just set the rule to forward any mail you receive an account that works with your blackberry.

With the new Mobileme coming I hope the changes make the mail a true push program. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mac Mail Rules.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	11824  

Last edited by idealist; 06-18-2008 at 07:51 AM..
Old 06-18-2008, 09:21 AM   #4
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

Mobileme I know will be push to iphone, they have not mentioned if it will be push on other devices. Guess just have to wait and see, but my money would be on it just being push for iphones.