Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 02:48 PM   #1
Justabajabum

Model: None
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Newest Emails Being Automatically Deleted

Please Login to Remove!

I do not know if this is a BB, BES, or Outlook issue...or a combination of any of them...so I will post here and see where this goes...

We have BES 5.0 running on Exchange 2010 server. User has a BB Torch and is also using Outlook 2010 on a Windows 7 64bit machine.

Issue:

Once or several times a day...random...newest emails in Outlook will move into the deleted items folder on their own. "Newest"...meaning...last couple of days worth...older emails are unaffected. At first I thought it was an Outlook issue but now suspect it is an email reconciliation issue with BB

Things that have been done in attempt to remedy:

As indicated, I did not think it to be a BB issue, so the initial steps taken did not involve anything with the BB. I have verified not Outlook rules are running. I have checked the machine for viruses/malware. I ran repair on all Office products (and no other Office problems exist). I have deleted his Old Outlook profile and created a new one. When none of these resolved it, I deleted his BES account, deleted his Exchange mailbox, wiped email accounts from the BB Torch, re-created Exchange account, re-created Outlook account and imported his .pst, re-created his BES account and had him perform enterprise activation. User just reported this morning that the problem still is occurring, so I had him turn wireless reconciliation off to see if it happens again...

I also checked his BB for available memory (to see if a memory leak was occurring and causing this as Google searching indicated others with similar issues being caused by a memory leak)...

So I await word to see if turning off the reconciliation stops the automatic deletions from Outlook...but in the mean time, anybody encounter this issue?

***UPDATE*** - With wireless reconciliation off, newest emails in inbox are still being sent to deleted items folder on both BB and in Outlook

Thanks,

Last edited by Justabajabum; 02-10-2012 at 04:38 PM.. Reason: ***UPDATE***
Old 02-10-2012, 06:49 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: Newest Emails Being Automatically Deleted

Options

Read here, it has a link to deletions from Outlook also.

KB11328-Email messages are deleted from the BlackBerry smartphone 0 2042520032
Old 02-11-2012, 05:46 AM   #3
Justabajabum

Model: None
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Re: Newest Emails Being Automatically Deleted

Thanks tsac, but as I indicated, this is a BES installation, not BIS...this is an Exchange installation (retaining messages on server is specific to POP)...and I already checked available memory.

Thanks for trying though...
Closed Thread