Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 06:19 PM   #41
Dispatcher35
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8350i
PIN: 4026f12b
Carrier: Nextel

Please Login to Remove!

I would be interested in knowing if there is some way that Active-X could run on a BB. I have a website from work that requires Active-X and I can't use it on my BB

Mike
Old 03-12-2006, 12:01 PM   #42
michaelsvendsen
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7290

a program that would allow you to track your data usage for the month would come in handy with the "unlimited" rogers plan
Old 03-16-2006, 04:13 PM   #43
stefan

Model: Curve
Carrier: Vodafone

Some cheap spreadsheet and text editor would be great!
Old 03-16-2006, 10:20 PM   #44
jscully

Model: 9530
PIN: 3066853A
Carrier: Bell Mobility

I have two...
1st. SharkModem is sweet, but it would be twice as sweet if it could turn into a real modem as opposed to a proxy, ie. it's identical to connecting to a dial-up connection. I can't get into my MySpace on my laptop and I go through withdrawls!
2nd. a GPS program that takes advantage of the Location Based info on a 7xxx series blackberry (ie. my 7250...)
Old 03-19-2006, 06:35 PM   #45
wiskid1

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint
Post USB storage device to be read by Blackberry

I think a usefull idea would be to be able to have extra storage for files for the BB. Connect USB adapter to storage device (1gig or ?) and to BB but can someone write software for that?

Great Idea unless it is out already.

Please advise.
400A814B
Old 03-20-2006, 06:21 PM   #46
PaulOckenden
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: TMo UK
Default Something to allow access to Public Folders

I'd like to be able to access Exchange Server public folders from a BES connected BlackBerry.

P.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:17 PM   #47
mahmoud

Model: 7100

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediabb
I'm a blackberry applicaton developer. Do you guys have any ideas for some new applications? Look forward to your response.

hi,

i woul pay any for a print solution, that would print the email as it comes automaticaly.

can any one who write this program?
Old 04-05-2006, 04:49 PM   #48
yurko

Model: 7780
Carrier: Fido/Rogers

what i would really love to see is an app that would track not only my total bandwidth used but to TRACK MY VOICE CALL TIMES, something that would monitor billing on my account, i dont trust Fidogers.
i want to be able to:
-set billing cycle
-minute charges to be able to count first minute and then by second times
-count incoming and outgoing calls, durations by day, week and by month
-count incoming and outgoing sms
-last not least be able to export entire thing to Excel as whatever, CSV.. whatever
-should be able to set charges for voice, sms and data so when the report is generated/exported i can see the real/true highly detailed picture of my BB usage
the app should be robust and be able to run in the background everytime the device is powered up.

i would be more then happy to assist developer with further details on other possible features, testing etc.

would not mind to pay up to CAD $50 for this app.
Old 04-07-2006, 02:59 PM   #49
Oneless

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Is it possible to create an option on the Blackberry to auto-accept Calendar appointments/meeting invites sent by others? Outlook has this feature but with a BES in a corporate environment, it does not work if the user has a Blackberry. It would be of great use to attorneys that use docketing software (almost all litigators).

Thanks!
Old 04-07-2006, 06:56 PM   #50
HuwSy

Model: 9800
PIN: .
Carrier: Orange

Something like card export for palm, allowing direct access to the file system and/or storage area under windows explorer by emulating a mass storage addapter.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:55 AM   #51
mhansel739

Model: 7100i
Carrier: Nextel

I know this might sound lame to some, but what about a simple application that does Weight Watchers Point Calculations? I have written one for the PC in C#, but thought it would be great for those people that have BlackBerrys and need to figure out how many points something is worth. Just a thought folks.
Old 04-09-2006, 01:08 PM   #52
Jim Peelgren

Model: 7105
Default creating folders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROCK2004
How about a program that allows you to make folders to put icons in? Also what about not sure if program above can do but override the BB screen and only have the pocketpc look. Again not sure if Pocket Day does that or not
I second this need! As the functionality of BBs increase, so do the # of icons on the screen. 'd like to organize icons into fodlers (e.g. Games, Seldome used (but useful) utilities, etc.).
Old 04-09-2006, 01:13 PM   #53
Jim Peelgren

Cool Multi-level "cut 'n paste"

This was a capability I used (extensively) when I was a Palm bigot. The concept is that you create a queue of items copied (using BB's "seelct" and "cut or copy" capabilities). The only difference is that you could hold multiple copyies/cuts. The "paste" function would bring up a short list of what has previously been cut/copied. As I write this, its sounds clunky, but in actuality it worked very well.

Food for thot...
Old 04-09-2006, 01:16 PM   #54
Jim Peelgren

Cool Another idea for BB sw

How about the ability to automatically "cut 'n paste" something from yoru PC screens (e.g. an addrss from an internet page" and send it to yoru BB!?! Again, I had someting similar on my Plam years ago and used it often. I believe the Plam software allowed me to specify what I was sending so that the palm software could act accordingly (storing an contact vs. adding a note, etc.) I would be delighted just to have it create a Notepad entry, though.
Old 04-09-2006, 04:35 PM   #55
tateu

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Default Multi-level "cut 'n paste"

I like the Multi-level "cut 'n paste" idea. The Blackberry clipboard is of type Object, which means it can hold an array of Strings. I put together a quick test and it works. The only real problems I am having are that I can't find a way to modify the default copy command or add a context sensitive menu item to all BB apps.

For my test, I settled on adding items to the system menu: MultiCopy and MultiPaste (I guess I should add MultiCut too). This is an ugly hack though, because it means these menu items show up absolutely everywhere when you click the trackwheel, not just when you are in select mode or about to paste. Does anyone have any ideas on how to implement a system wide context sensitive menu?

Screenshots:
Here they show up in the phone app where they should not be.
Add here's a screenshot of the paste dialog showing 5 available items.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:15 PM   #56
EricaJ1074
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7105t

I would like to see an application where u can find out how long your BB has been running (uptime), etc. instead of using ALT+CAP+H.
Old 04-10-2006, 12:19 AM   #57
YoungDeuces

Model: 7100T

i had the samsung 8100 for sprint before and they had this thing where when someone calls you from another city, and say you don't have the number in ya phone, the city name and state pops up above it and i could be like

"Who the hell is callin me from Boston, Massachussettes" lol i wouldlove to have sumthin like that on the blackberry

also like a new in-dept photo album, like what if i wanna have some pictures on my phone but i want some hidden cause they might be a lil explicit, i should be able to have a space to store it ya dig

hit me let me know if you gone make sumthin or if their is somethin like these already out
Old 04-18-2006, 06:50 AM   #58
wibbly
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile UK
Default Profile Manager

1. Timed profiles. My simple Nokia phone can do this! Select a 'temporary' profile (from the existing profiles that exist on the device) that will time out at a certain time or after a certain time. Otherwise I'm always forgetting to reset my BB off 'quiet' mode when I come out of a meeting, out of a cinema, or whatever.

"Big daddy" version of the above would, in addition, allow

2. Automatic changing of a profile on a schedule (e.g so it always goes quiet in the evening)

3. Addition of extra elements to a profile (over and above BB profiles) - e.g. a profile also has a home page image associated with it, maybe even a theme!

4. Schedule-linked profiles. Eg Automatic selection of a profile the the duration a calendar item shows time as "busy". Then revert back to previous profile.

A robust implementation of 1 would be great on its own

W

Last edited by wibbly; 04-18-2006 at 07:01 AM.. Reason: Edited title
Old 04-22-2006, 01:32 PM   #59
Roy Scarisbrick

Model: 7290

I think a good application would be a synchronizer that's better than the one supplied with the Desktop Manager. It needs to synchronize the Inbox as well as calendar and contacts.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:43 AM   #60
arul
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: maxis

Quote:
Originally Posted by wibbly
1. Timed profiles. My simple Nokia phone can do this! Select a 'temporary' profile (from the existing profiles that exist on the device) that will time out at a certain time or after a certain time. Otherwise I'm always forgetting to reset my BB off 'quiet' mode when I come out of a meeting, out of a cinema, or whatever.

"Big daddy" version of the above would, in addition, allow

2. Automatic changing of a profile on a schedule (e.g so it always goes quiet in the evening)

3. Addition of extra elements to a profile (over and above BB profiles) - e.g. a profile also has a home page image associated with it, maybe even a theme!

4. Schedule-linked profiles. Eg Automatic selection of a profile the the duration a calendar item shows time as "busy". Then revert back to previous profile.

A robust implementation of 1 would be great on its own

W
I second this request. I used Magic Profiles with my p910i and found it extremely useful.
Closed Thread