BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 10:58 AM   #1
Must Stop

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Angry How do I permanently remove the FB application "Facebook for Blackberry smartphones"

Please Login to Remove!

A friend of mine was using my phone and added the FB application to my phone and now all my contact information is stored in Facebook on his account.

Basically some of my contacts imported into Facebook, and I am not happy about this as business and personal email accounts and phone numbers were transferred.

I have tried the following:
I removed the application off my phone, wiped my phone, added it back, tried to sync UPDATED/REVISED contact information, (so that the real addresses and phone numbers would not show on Facebook, I used dummy emails and phone numbers) and I have even tried to remove the Facebook application in Facebook, following the instructions to remove an application, BUT EVERYTHING is still showing up, and nothing is syncing to reflect the changes I made.

Wiping my phone clean, deleting the application both on my phone and in FB, reinstalling the applications and trying to sync revised entries, ALL FAILED.

1. Is there is a way to remove contacts in the Phonebook on Facebook that were uploaded or synced?
2. How can I PERMANENTLY remove the application "Facebook for Blackberry smartphones" under Find Friends in Facebook.

I don't want the link to show up, where it seems every time you click on it, the applications get "reactivated" on Facebook and the user/owner of the account can see all my contact information!!

The fact that it is stored there on Facebook and I can't find no means to remove such personal information is annoying.

Thanks.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:06 AM   #2
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

1. No idea. It never synced mine.
2. Like I posted in the other thread reagrding this, we don't know how to remove it, facebook help doesnt even mention it, and one member in that other thread is still waiting to hear from facebook about it.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 04-26-2010, 04:59 PM   #3
Burt132
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9650
PIN: 32212F87
Carrier: Verizon

Shrink-a-OS will remove it.

You can google it to download, install, and see how it works. I use it whenever I reload the operating system to cut out the things I don't want. You run it to allow deselection of things you don't want or need *prior* to (re-)installing the operating system. Presto! its gone.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:24 PM   #4
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

It won't remove the "Facebook for blackberry" link on the FACEBOOK WEBSITE.
As Shrink-a-OS deals with the stuff on your phone; and not websites.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Closed Thread