Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 04:20 PM   #21
dirtypirate
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8310
PIN: 0.7 Red Ink
Carrier: Slave by Contract to AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Thanks for the video, great info... gotta love that up front warning though....
Old 10-29-2007, 07:40 PM   #22
sam_nj

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by redx View Post
I just replaced my screen (aka lens) this past week, the instructional video listed above was very helpful. However, that video shows the full process to replace the actual LCD underneath the glass lens, so you won't need to go quite so far. There was a bit of trial and error for me in trying to figure out how the lens was attached to the face plate. It turns out that there is clear adhesive on the underside of the lens, and it then sits down in the front of the faceplate rather than being attached to the underside of the faceplate. I used a very small flat screwdriver to pry the lens from the adhesive, which worked like a charm. My replacement lens also included new adhesive, which I used to mount the new lens to the faceplate. Overall, it was a pretty easy process, just be careful to not be too forceful as there are some small plastic tabs and very thin plastic pieces on the faceplate involved with this that you don't want to break.
So to replace the 8300 lens do you actually need to open the unit or can you pry it off from the front?
Old 10-29-2007, 07:43 PM   #23
Ophidian
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900

You pry it off from the front. I put a couple pieces of duct tape above the speaker and used that as a pad/fulcrum for a small screwdriver and just lifted the old one out, peeled off the backing of the new lens and placed in it's home. Couldn't have been easier. Took the tape off and there were no chips/scuff marks on the case
Old 10-29-2007, 09:07 PM   #24
sam_nj

Thanks so much. I just cracked it today and ordered a new one from Cellular Nationwide Network in China...
Old 12-03-2007, 11:14 AM   #25
california
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3po25 View Post
Check this link out. I had bought their merchandise for my 8700g and they were VERY GOOD quality. and they are a lot cheaper than some other place. see if this will help you out. Sorry to hear that your BB broke. My condolences.

Cellular Accessories - SonyEricsson, NEC, Motorola, Nokia, Panasonic, Sanyo and Samsung. Quality housing, keypads, LCD screens, chargers, batteries, data cables, parts
Do these parts come with installation instructions? I have to replace a cracked screen -- this is far more appealing thant the $349 that ATT&T quoted for replacing the entire instrument!
Old 12-03-2007, 11:18 AM   #26
california

Quote:
Originally Posted by california View Post
Do these parts come with installation instructions? I have to replace a cracked screen -- this is far more appealing thant the $349 that ATT&T quoted for replacing the entire instrument!
NEVER MIND I just read the rest of the posts!
Old 12-03-2007, 01:52 PM   #27
ramazz

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default Mine cracked also, dropping onto the carpet off a lazboy!

I had my brand new 8310 on the arm of my armchair when I accidentally bumped it and it fell and landed face first on my carpet. I heard a cracking noise and cringed when I flipped it over to find the protective screen had cracked.

I'd like to state that I'm very disappointed in the quality of this unit so far vs my previous 7100r which took a beating for 3 years and never mind faceplanting on carpet from 2 feet, was dropped out of my jacket pocket onto cement and ice many times, had drinks spilled on it, etc etc and it worked up until my 3 year contract was up at which time the spring on the scroll wheel button failed so it would randomly click things. Thats the type of abuse I expect a BB to be able to take and the fact that this one didn't make it a week before hitting the carpet broke it really makes me wonder about the quality of these newer models. Don't get me wrong, it works great, is way faster than my old unit and has lotsa features I like (though some bugs I would also like fixed) but I could have the same features from competing products for less money. I buy and blackberries due to them normally being very robust units able to take a bit more abuse than your usual consumer smartphone and this one is definitely not off to a good start.

Did I just get a faulty unit with a week screen by chance or is there a known issue with the screens on the 8300 series being fragile?

Last edited by ramazz; 12-03-2007 at 02:01 PM..
Old 12-04-2007, 02:02 AM   #28
lonnielove
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
It really amazes me how people have such a low ethical standard these days. I mean you dropped the Curve, then you feel all giddy because you ripped off ATT----
What about AT&T,They are making so much money when you sighn a contract, when i bought a iphone they wanted me to do the contract thing,so two months later they came out with unlock method,thank god i went prepaid for like two months, so YEA!!!!! i feel giddy,knowing that they are not getting any more of my money!!!!!!!, moral of the story ATT does not care about you!!!
Old 12-04-2007, 04:53 AM   #29
The MVPlaya
Thumbs Must Hurt

BlackBerry - Alcatel, Microsoft, Motorola, Nokia, Tools, Acer, NEC, BenQ-Siemens, Dopod/O2, A
Old 12-04-2007, 06:40 AM   #30
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnielove View Post
What about AT&T,They are making so much money when you sighn a contract, when i bought a iphone they wanted me to do the contract thing,so two months later they came out with unlock method,thank god i went prepaid for like two months, so YEA!!!!! i feel giddy,knowing that they are not getting any more of my money!!!!!!!, moral of the story ATT does not care about you!!!
You comments are SO typical of someone who feels that big brother is always out to get them. If you do not like a company do NOT use their services. T-Mo is cheaper and you will not have to give ATT any more money!

It is all in the contract!
Old 12-12-2007, 03:05 PM   #31
str0ngandbeautiful

Carrier: att

will replacing the lens void the warranty? i watched the lcd replacement video and it said that doing that would void the warranty but since you dont have to do so much to replace just the lens, will it void the warranty?
Old 12-12-2007, 08:24 PM   #32
california

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3po25 View Post
Check this link out. I had bought their merchandise for my 8700g and they were VERY GOOD quality. and they are a lot cheaper than some other place. see if this will help you out. Sorry to hear that your BB broke. My condolences.

Cellular Accessories - SonyEricsson, NEC, Motorola, Nokia, Panasonic, Sanyo and Samsung. Quality housing, keypads, LCD screens, chargers, batteries, data cables, parts
These guys are the best!! To make things easy, order the entire front plate for around $9.00 and be sure to get the Torx driver for $3.00. Shipping was $5.00 from China, and everything was here in just over a week, the repair took less than five minutes.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:42 PM   #33
str0ngandbeautiful

hey! i just replaced my lens! phone looks brand new again. thanks =)
Old 01-24-2008, 04:49 PM   #34
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)

Nice! Glad it worked out!

E-

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Old 03-29-2008, 10:54 AM   #35
crispychiken

Thumbs up Replacement lens

Quote:
Originally Posted by str0ngandbeautiful View Post
hey! i just replaced my lens! phone looks brand new again. thanks =)

Did the replacement lens look like the original lens????
Old 04-29-2008, 10:01 AM   #36
fukipoo

Carrier: t mobile
Default awesome

I had my bb's lens cracked today. This is an awesome web site. I was able to find exactly what i need there. It was very helpful. Thank you friend.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:43 PM   #37
FJackie

Exclamation Out of stock

Hi there. I found this thread and would like to buy a new one, but they say they are out of stock. Does anyone know if there is another place to get one?

Thanks!
Old 06-09-2008, 05:58 PM   #38
soundadvice

Carrier: ATT

great site, and amazing prices
Old 06-09-2008, 06:24 PM   #39
tschweitzer
Thumbs Must Hurt

HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, Canada’s Cellular Repair Center ß
Old 07-23-2008, 10:09 AM   #40
cmdace18

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

hey guys - question -

i have a bb curve 8330 --

some of the posts in this thread say you can pry the front off, other say you need to unscrew from the back --

assuming i can pry open the front, is the silver piece above the speaker part of the lens assembly? so do i pry from inside the speaker hole or above the speaker hole on top?

the screen i ordered from cnn.cn you cannot tell if that silver piece comes with it:

BlackBerry 8330 OEM black LCD lens- Dopod/O2, Panasonic, 3G, Tools, Acer, Apple, Alcatel, Mobiado, SonyEricsson, HTC

just need to know where to "pry" ... anyone have a picture showing this?

thank you!
Closed Thread