BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 01:36 PM   #121
TJJJJM
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
PIN: no way!
Carrier: Sprint
Smile How do I import pictures from the BB onto the Desktop Manager?

Please Login to Remove!

Hi, I have the BB curve 8330 Red, it originally came with version 4.3 but 3 weeks ago I successfully upgraded to version 4.5.0.131 .

Then I upgraded the Desktop Manager to 4.5 , however, when I connect the Curve 8330 to the computer, I couldn't figure out how to import the pictures from the BB curve into the PC with desktop manager 4.5. with the 4.3 I was easily able to import the pictures. Anyone out there know how to do this? Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated!~
Thanks!
Old 03-27-2009, 02:27 PM   #122
kjjb0204
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJJJM View Post
Hi, I have the BB curve 8330 Red, it originally came with version 4.3 but 3 weeks ago I successfully upgraded to version 4.5.0.131 .

Then I upgraded the Desktop Manager to 4.5 , however, when I connect the Curve 8330 to the computer, I couldn't figure out how to import the pictures from the BB curve into the PC with desktop manager 4.5. with the 4.3 I was easily able to import the pictures. Anyone out there know how to do this? Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated!~
Thanks!
I don't even use DM for this. I just open the media card like another drive and drag and drop.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:30 PM   #123
EastSidinA4

PIN: N/A

I just downloaded and upgraded this from the 4.5.0.077(?) and after I installed it, it doesnt give me the option of "Delete from Mailbox and Handheld" and "Delete from Handheld Only" in my email folders.

It just simply allows me to "Delete" only.

Does anyone know how I can get that option back because sometimes I wanna delete emails off of my blackberry but wanna keep it on my outlook and server.

Last edited by EastSidinA4; 03-27-2009 at 04:32 PM..
Old 03-27-2009, 05:50 PM   #124
TJJJJM

Smile how to open a media card

Ok you say instead of using the Desktop Manager, u just open your media card, drag and drop.
Are you stating that you take out the media card and then insert in to the slot of the computer, correct?
thank you in advance!
Old 03-27-2009, 07:26 PM   #125
heretic

No, he's saying that when you connect your device, via USB, use the mass storage option (it should prompt you on your BB). Then just access the media card like any other USB attached storage media.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:16 AM   #126
TJJJJM

Smile thanks!

thanks for taking your time and efforts to go throuugh the trouble of clarifying this for me! I gotcha!
Old 03-30-2009, 11:52 AM   #127
knoakes

Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjjb0204 View Post
Running .119 and can listen to music while holstered with no issues. Music pauses when any notification comes in, then starts right back up. Use it in my car on aux all the time.
Thanks for the info. I upgraded and it works. I went to 4.5.0.77 months ago and had to downgrade afterwards for listening to Sirius through Orb.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:41 PM   #128
bigOHarvey

Carrier: US Cellular

I'm not seeing BBMaps in my app list after an update. Is this carrier specific? Maybe US Cellular doesn't offer it?

EDIT: Nevermind :/

EDIT 2: My GPS doesn't seem to work at all with either BBMaps or Google Maps. It just won't connect.

Last edited by bigOHarvey; 03-30-2009 at 02:44 PM..
Old 03-30-2009, 08:59 PM   #129
TNH Rocks

Carrier: verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastSidinA4 View Post
I just downloaded and upgraded this from the 4.5.0.077(?) and after I installed it, it doesnt give me the option of "Delete from Mailbox and Handheld" and "Delete from Handheld Only" in my email folders.

It just simply allows me to "Delete" only.

Does anyone know how I can get that option back because sometimes I wanna delete emails off of my blackberry but wanna keep it on my outlook and server.
Go to each of your email folders, open them up so as to read your mail. Click the blackberry button and scrol down to options. In email reconciliation youll find: delete on: click on that and change to prompt and save and thats it. I have Verizon and dont know if this is the same for all carriers.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:45 AM   #130
arieltf
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Z10
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNH Rocks View Post
Go to each of your email folders, open them up so as to read your mail. Click the blackberry button and scrol down to options. In email reconciliation youll find: delete on: click on that and change to prompt and save and thats it. I have Verizon and dont know if this is the same for all carriers.
I'm having the same problem. I've done as instructed above for each email folder. They are all setup as "Delete on: Prompt", however, only a couple of them actually come up with the choices: On Mailbox & Handheld, On Handheld, and Cancel.

I've logged on the BIS server and enabled "Synchronize deleted items between this mailbox and my device." to see if that would work.

I've tried sending my Service Books again.

I've tried a battery pull.

I've tried deleting the email accounts (that weren't giving me the delete choices) and adding them again. I've even waited a day before adding them again.

Nothing seems to work to enable the delete choices on all my email accounts.

I used to have the delete choices on all my email accounts before I upgraded to OS 4.5.0.77. Hopefully, it will work when Verizon releases the next OS update.

It's very frustrating.

--Ariel
Old 03-31-2009, 10:32 PM   #131
keisur

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Curve 8330)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by keisur View Post
When I upgraded my GPS worked with BBmaps but it only showed terrain and would track fine but the streets were all gone. I reinstalled and that didn't fix it. so I went back to the last version and won't try another upgrade until the next version. I also noticed lag after button presses, maybe a 1 or 2 second delay before it would respond to the button being pressed.

My only complaint is Verizons crap with locking features out. After my term I'm switching providers as it reminds me of being naked with 10 naked hot chicks and one ugly chick laying down in front of me, but only having the option to ravish the ugly chick.
I have had this map issue before and it has always been an issue with not having data coverage or a failure briefly, not an issue with the map. Every time it has happened to me I have tried to browse the Internet and that wouldn't work either. Once browsing was restored, BBMaps would work properly.
Negative. I ran it for days with the gps not working correctly and still surfing the net and making calls and instant messaging and every other feature working. Plus I don't see your point since bbmaps uses the gps chip and the internet uses the coverage connection you are speaking of. The two are completely separate so you must have some other issue if the bbmaps does that while you are using the browser.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:35 AM   #132
JackG058
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: ney for your thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by keisur View Post
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Curve 8330)

Negative. I ran it for days with the gps not working correctly and still surfing the net and making calls and instant messaging and every other feature working. Plus I don't see your point since bbmaps uses the gps chip and the internet uses the coverage connection you are speaking of. The two are completely separate so you must have some other issue if the bbmaps does that while you are using the browser.
My experience is similar to yours. On 4.3 to date I've still never lost GPS once I found the satellites, but on 4.5.0.131 I will drop GPS periodically, and the signal return can take seconds to many minutes. All the while I can still browse, received emails, etc. There is a problem in .131 with GPS.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:21 AM   #133
rbrill177

Just a little update as far as how .131 is performing on my VZW 8330:

I wiped my media card and reformatted, and performance increased just slightly. After the 2.6 upgrade, I re-entered all my email addresses and found no changes except the gmail bug of copying sent messages back to the device is now gone. I never saw a huge problem with the GPS being flaky for me, but I have continued to play with it, and although it does occasionally search for a signal, it seems to be more accurate in its updating and my position is more accurate than in prior versions. My battery life was fair with .131, but after reading through dozens of threads hoping to eliminate a duplicate calendar appointment issue, I stumbled across a few people reporting the facebook app causing some lag and excessive battery drains. I ended up removing the FB app, doing a battery pull, and reinstalling and so far (1+ days) have had no lag, and my battery life seems to be improved.

To sum it up, with a media card reformat and a reinstall of the FB app, I have a good functioning device on .131 with no lag and good battery life. The only remaining issues are the lag when waking up when using the trackball (spacebar to wake seems to wake up the handheld much quick <1 sec) and the GPS (which I'm really not having that much of an issue with).

One last thing, I also did turn off Content Compression (Options/Security/General Options/Content Compression) and that has sped up the device significantly.

If this is all known knowledge, well, it's still probably not at the bottom of the barrel for 'useless posts taking up drive space', and if it does help some people, please continue to post up any other observations or tips/tweaks. I still have to upgrade the wife's device and I want to get it running smoothly the first time around.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:21 PM   #134
TomFromPhilly

PIN: 31a2fe49
Carrier: Verizon Wireless (Uggh Don't Get Them!!)

What exactly does this upgrade do? And will it work on my VZW 8330? I noticed there was a ton of Sprint users talking about this upgrade

Visit me @ MySpace.Com/TJHCOMEDY and leave me some f**KING Love
Old 04-15-2009, 02:32 PM   #135
ceetiger2002

Default MMS works

this upgrade works I have sprint and downloaded OS yesterday and tested my MMS today and it works fine...finally can send pics in text messages without having to know someone's email address. Great Post!
Old 04-15-2009, 02:35 PM   #136
ceetiger2002

Can anyone show me how to get my facebook & myspace apps to reappear. I have them still but after my download the icon has disapeared? Thanks
Old 08-08-2009, 04:52 PM   #137
stuckigs

I got the upgrade from sprint on my 8330 curve i still can't receive pic. with mms , oh and how do i send myself a test pic.. ?

Last edited by stuckigs; 08-08-2009 at 04:53 PM..
Closed Thread