Old 09-08-2009, 07:30 AM   #1
Migricik

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Turkcell
Default White Screen on Pearl

Please Login to Remove!

Hello Blackberry users...

I have a problem with my 8100. I'm using it for quite a long time and few days ago, I noticed it suddenly the screen gonewhite, white as a "pearl". So I can't see any icons, anything at all. My files, numbers, sms everything is inside. So, a simple "white screen" problem.

I took the battery out, later took in again, to solve, but nothing happened. It's still showing white screen for few days. I don't know If I pressed on screen accidentally, but I don't remember anything such.

So far, I have a white screen problem, I noticed some other had too, they took to the repairs.
The case is, I connected 8100 to computer, entered the password and backup the address book, sms etc. So, does that mean problem is only at screen, so the software works fine?

Also, is there any other way to delete every file (called hard reset, or wipe handheld, isn't it?) with using Desktop Manager only, because, as I can't see the menu because of white screen, I can't wipe handheld through settings?

I hope someone answer me, and tell me is there anyway for hard reset in such conditions. I want to use my blackberry back surely (using nokia for now, that is so bad.)

Thanks!

Last edited by Migricik; 09-08-2009 at 07:34 AM..
Old 09-08-2009, 07:32 AM   #2
Beautiful5

Model: 8310
Carrier: curve

hi pls can u tell me how can i post a new post i dont know where to go to in the forum to post a post and ask for help
Old 09-08-2009, 07:43 AM   #3
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

its the big blue button the left hand side at the top that says NEW THREAD

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 09-08-2009, 07:48 AM   #4
ndub33
Stuck In The '70's Mod

Model: 9810
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migricik View Post
Hello Blackberry users...

I have a problem with my 8100. I'm using it for quite a long time and few days ago, I noticed it suddenly the screen gonewhite, white as a "pearl". So I can't see any icons, anything at all. My files, numbers, sms everything is inside. So, a simple "white screen" problem.

I took the battery out, later took in again, to solve, but nothing happened. It's still showing white screen for few days. I don't know If I pressed on screen accidentally, but I don't remember anything such.

So far, I have a white screen problem, I noticed some other had too, they took to the repairs.
The case is, I connected 8100 to computer, entered the password and backup the address book, sms etc. So, does that mean problem is only at screen, so the software works fine?

Also, is there any other way to delete every file (called hard reset, or wipe handheld, isn't it?) with using Desktop Manager only, because, as I can't see the menu because of white screen, I can't wipe handheld through settings?

I hope someone answer me, and tell me is there anyway for hard reset in such conditions. I want to use my blackberry back surely (using nokia for now, that is so bad.)

Thanks!
Try pulling the battery again. That may do the trick. If this doesn't work, you may want to wipr the device OS software and reload it. Here are instructions for doing the wipe:
How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ
Here are the instructions for reloading the software:
How do I upgrade the OS on my BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ

Have you ever backed up your device using the Desktop Manager?
Old 09-08-2009, 07:56 AM   #5
rnh2112
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-mobile

If you want to wipe your blackberry using the DM then do this... connect your blackberry to your computer, and then do a backup, after that click on application loader and at the bottom of the window click next, and then click next again, but before you click finish, click advanced and make sure the 2 boxes for wiping application data and delete all currently installed applications are checked, then you'll get a window asking you if you want to automatically backup all your device data, if you already did this, then check no, or click yes if you want to do it again (won't hurt), and then click next, and then finish...