Old 01-08-2013, 10:42 AM   #1
johndBB

Model: 9900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Default Blackberry Syncing when in sleep/lock mode

Please Login to Remove!

Hi All,

I have a quick query and wonder if you can help. We have a number of Blackberry handsets connected to a hosted BES which is held off site. The problem we have is a number of handsets for some reason are not accepting the Blackberry security passwords. If it was just 1 or 2 I would put it down to the user just forgetting the password. However we now have approx 15!. Our supplier is telling us the Blackberry handsets are not syncing to the BES. I have check with Vodafone and Orange and the numbers are live on the network. I have also tried a hard reboot and swapping sim cards, but no joy. I have noticed however that most of them are showing edge in lower case! From my limited understanding all BES tariffs show network coverage in upper case.

Does anyone know if a Blackberry is in "sync" mode with a BES when in sleep/screen lock mode?

Many thanks in advance

John
Old 01-08-2013, 02:54 PM   #2
knottyrope
BlackBerry Elite

Model: DT60
PIN: t of blood has been taken
Carrier: AT&T-US with I dee ten tee errors
Default Re: Blackberry Syncing when in sleep/lock mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndBB View Post
Hi All,

I have a quick query and wonder if you can help. We have a number of Blackberry handsets connected to a hosted BES which is held off site. The problem we have is a number of handsets for some reason are not accepting the Blackberry security passwords. If it was just 1 or 2 I would put it down to the user just forgetting the password. However we now have approx 15!. Our supplier is telling us the Blackberry handsets are not syncing to the BES. I have check with Vodafone and Orange and the numbers are live on the network. I have also tried a hard reboot and swapping sim cards, but no joy. I have noticed however that most of them are showing edge in lower case! From my limited understanding all BES tariffs show network coverage in upper case.

Does anyone know if a Blackberry is in "sync" mode with a BES when in sleep/screen lock mode? YES

Many thanks in advance

John
if in lower case edge they lost their dataplan and the carrier might have done this

also do a battery pull just in case to see if it comes back
It doesn't even matter

Rocking the Motion with out lotion.
Closed Thread