Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 02:20 PM   #61
rsnadel
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

I'm confused. Your earlier post stated delivery estimated Nov. 7-14. Was that with two-day or overnight shipping? If so, then that's a slightly different story. It doesn't change that they promised you a delivery date which still has not come and gone (and one you accepted when you clicked to order), but I can see how you might expect them to move you up in the queue.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:15 PM   #62
MadDog_

Model: 8310
PIN: Hang on. I'm looking for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsnadel View Post
I'm confused. Your earlier post stated delivery estimated Nov. 7-14. Was that with two-day or overnight shipping? If so, then that's a slightly different story. It doesn't change that they promised you a delivery date which still has not come and gone (and one you accepted when you clicked to order), but I can see how you might expect them to move you up in the queue.
When I originally got to the click to order point, I didn't click because I didn't want to wait. I then called on Monday (10/15) and spoke to their cell phone customer service. They said to ignore the Nov 7-14 date, and that I should have it by 10/19, last Friday. So I then went back and ordered that day based on what I was told verbally.

Since then, their corporate "executive customer relations" department has gotten involved, five days after I left a voicemail on what supposedly is Jeff Bezos' voicemail. They upgraded me to one day shipping (woo hoo).

They got a shipment of phones on Wednesday, and as far as I know, mine did not ship today, even though I was at the top of their queue. This is despite having their corporate customer service involved and "senior management" at their fulfillment center.

So they're either totally incompetent or now they're just messing with me.

Update:

I just got an email from their corporate customer service saying that my "order has encountered several technical difficulties which I regret. However, as previously indicated your order is currently in the shipping process and that process has not yet completed."

Pathetic.

Last edited by MadDog_; 10-26-2007 at 05:20 PM..
Old 10-29-2007, 01:36 PM   #63
frankeg3
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Default Have some patience

You're buying from Amazon because they are saving you a lot of money - S happens. I got my phone through Amazon, and I did have problems but they were very helpful. You'll be happy in the end. You'll also look back on all of this and wonder what the big deal was - don't sweat teh small stuff like this.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:48 PM   #64
MadDog_

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankeg3 View Post
You're buying from Amazon because they are saving you a lot of money - S happens.
Yep. - S happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankeg3 View Post
I got my phone through Amazon, and I did have problems but they were very helpful. You'll be happy in the end. You'll also look back on all of this and wonder what the big deal was - don't sweat teh small stuff like this.
Yeah, you're right. The imcompentents at Amazon finally shipped my phone today. The icing on the cake was the fact that they had upgraded my shipping to overnight, but then shipped it two day, with delivery not scheduled until Friday. I'm sorry, but they couldn't do ANYTHING right with my order.

It's amazing that they actually run a profitable business. Obviously, they're so automated that they can't handle anything outside of their normal process.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:11 PM   #65
MadDog_

The idiots at Amazon continue to amaze me. Not only was this not sent overnight, as they promised me it would be, it was not even shipped two day, which is what I paid for. I checked the tracking number and the morons actually sent this 3 day.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:08 AM   #66
Maximus_Prime
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: AT & T
Unhappy Have any of you get your curve yet?

I ordered mine on 10/20/07, originally was scheduled for delivery on 10/23, then rescheduled for 10/29, surprise2 rescheduled 10/31, then on 10/31 I got another email from AMazon telling me that the delivery is rescheduled to Nov 12"

If I don't really need the camera on the curve, I will cancel this order and order me an 8800.

This waiting is killing me
Old 11-02-2007, 07:46 AM   #67
r1981ddn

Model: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus_Prime View Post
I ordered mine on 10/20/07, originally was scheduled for delivery on 10/23, then rescheduled for 10/29, surprise2 rescheduled 10/31, then on 10/31 I got another email from AMazon telling me that the delivery is rescheduled to Nov 12"

If I don't really need the camera on the curve, I will cancel this order and order me an 8800.

This waiting is killing me
I ordered mine on 10/14. Its showing the order as "Shipping Soon" since 10/30!!! They did split my order or 8310 and Soyo Bluetooth headset and shipped the headset seperately. Got a mail from Amazon that they are shipping it seperately so I can at least have the headset (what would i do with it without my phone) and also said that Amazon wont charge for the extra shipping cost.. but my CC shows that they charged me shipping!!!!
Old 11-02-2007, 05:39 PM   #68
MadDog_

I got my phone yesterday and love it.

BUT, now I know I have a LOT to learn!

In retrospect, I set what I thought was a reasonable expectation for Amazon, setting myself up for failure and aggravation because they're not capable of delivering in a reasonable manner. Set low expectations for follow-through on their part and you won't be disappointed.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:12 PM   #69
greeneggsandham
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Darby
Carrier: FBSD

Congratulations on that! Finally
Old 11-03-2007, 08:53 PM   #70
MadDog_

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneggsandham View Post
Congratulations on that! Finally
Thanks. YAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2007, 12:34 PM   #71
r1981ddn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog_ View Post
Thanks. YAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amazon sucks -

Read the following mail that I just wrote to them -

1) I ordered AT&T Nation 450 Rollover Minutes + BlackBerry 8310 Curve Titanium Smartphone and Soyo FreeStyler 500 Bluetooth Headset as one package (ONE SHIPMENT). This order is eligible for free two day shipping as per Amazon's product page that says -
"Get FREE 2-Day Shipping when you purchase this item plus a service plan. Just select 2-Day Shipping as your shipment type (no Saturday delivery). Check your confirmation e-mail for delivery details. Offer excludes prepaid and unlocked phones."

2) Since was order was not shipped for 16 days I called Amazon to ask whats happening. The CSR apologized and told me that it has been backordered and he would upgrade my shipping to "One Day" with NO CHARGE, so that I can get my order fast. Also he split my order into two (which I don't know why!) Below is the text of mail that I got from Amazon, and this mail clearly states that I would not be charged for shipping-

"I'm sorry about the delay in getting your order to you. We recently learned that "AT&T Nation 450 Rollover Minutes + BlackBerry 8310 Curve Titanium Smartphone (Bundle)" is now back-ordered.

To make up for this unexpected change because we understand the frustration you are going through, I upgraded the shipping method for this order to express shipping at no additional charge. The estimated delivery date for this shipment is now Nov 1, 2007 - Nov 7, 2007.

Please note that although we are upgrading your shipping method, this doesn't affect the amount of time it will take us to obtain the item. You won't be charged until we ship it to you. As soon as we receive it at our fulfillment center, we'll ship your package and send you an e-mail confirming the shipment."

"We thought you'd like to know that we shipped this portion of your order separately to give you quicker service. You won't be charged any extra shipping fees, and the remainder of your order will follow
as soon as those items become available."

3) Still I was charged the shipping. I emailed again and was told that my order is not eligible for shipping since I selected "One Day" Shipping!!!!!!!!!! (FYI I was upgraded to one day by Amazon.. I did not select it).

4) I called Amazon again on 11/04/07 and once again explained all of the above. The CSR told me that this request need to be handled by Cell phone department so she would fill out a form to request the cell phone dept for refund.

5) Today I again get the following mail which essentially says - Amazon had back ordered the phone and was unable to ship so they decided to split the order and charge customer for shipping because!!!! very fair!!!!-
"I've investigated your order # 105-1873169-0793003 and found that your item "AT&T Nation 450 Rollover Minutes + BlackBerry 8310 Curve Titanium Smartphone (Bundle)" it qualified for free Super Saver Shipping.

I see that this option was not applied to your order. Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience.

I have requested a refund of $9.88 to your credit card to reimburse you for the shipping fees you were erroneously charged. This refund should go through within the next 2 to 3 business days and will appear as a credit on your next credit card billing statement.

You may view completed refunds by clicking the "Your Account" link at the top of our web site, then clicking "Go!" next to "open and recently shipped orders." Completed refunds will appear at the bottom of an individual order's summary page.

Secondly,
I have researched your another item "Soyo FreeStyler 500 Bluetooth Headset" and found that you have selected the one-day shipping and this item cost is $9.99. I am sorry it is not eligibe for Free Super Saver Shipping."

I have never had so much trouble with Amazon or any other online retailer before. I am sorry to say that this has been my worst online shopping experience.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:04 PM   #72
r1981ddn

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1981ddn View Post
Amazon sucks -

Read the following mail that I just wrote to them -

1) I ordered AT&T Nation 450 Rollover Minutes + BlackBerry 8310 Curve Titanium Smartphone and Soyo FreeStyler 500 Bluetooth Headset as one package (ONE SHIPMENT). This order is eligible for free two day shipping as per Amazon's product page that says -
"Get FREE 2-Day Shipping when you purchase this item plus a service plan. Just select 2-Day Shipping as your shipment type (no Saturday delivery). Check your confirmation e-mail for delivery details. Offer excludes prepaid and unlocked phones."

2) Since was order was not shipped for 16 days I called Amazon to ask whats happening. The CSR apologized and told me that it has been backordered and he would upgrade my shipping to "One Day" with NO CHARGE, so that I can get my order fast. Also he split my order into two (which I don't know why!) Below is the text of mail that I got from Amazon, and this mail clearly states that I would not be charged for shipping-

"I'm sorry about the delay in getting your order to you. We recently learned that "AT&T Nation 450 Rollover Minutes + BlackBerry 8310 Curve Titanium Smartphone (Bundle)" is now back-ordered.

To make up for this unexpected change because we understand the frustration you are going through, I upgraded the shipping method for this order to express shipping at no additional charge. The estimated delivery date for this shipment is now Nov 1, 2007 - Nov 7, 2007.

Please note that although we are upgrading your shipping method, this doesn't affect the amount of time it will take us to obtain the item. You won't be charged until we ship it to you. As soon as we receive it at our fulfillment center, we'll ship your package and send you an e-mail confirming the shipment."

"We thought you'd like to know that we shipped this portion of your order separately to give you quicker service. You won't be charged any extra shipping fees, and the remainder of your order will follow
as soon as those items become available."

3) Still I was charged the shipping. I emailed again and was told that my order is not eligible for shipping since I selected "One Day" Shipping!!!!!!!!!! (FYI I was upgraded to one day by Amazon.. I did not select it).

4) I called Amazon again on 11/04/07 and once again explained all of the above. The CSR told me that this request need to be handled by Cell phone department so she would fill out a form to request the cell phone dept for refund.

5) Today I again get the following mail which essentially says - Amazon had back ordered the phone and was unable to ship so they decided to split the order and charge customer for shipping because!!!! very fair!!!!-
"I've investigated your order # 105-1873169-0793003 and found that your item "AT&T Nation 450 Rollover Minutes + BlackBerry 8310 Curve Titanium Smartphone (Bundle)" it qualified for free Super Saver Shipping.

I see that this option was not applied to your order. Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience.

I have requested a refund of $9.88 to your credit card to reimburse you for the shipping fees you were erroneously charged. This refund should go through within the next 2 to 3 business days and will appear as a credit on your next credit card billing statement.

You may view completed refunds by clicking the "Your Account" link at the top of our web site, then clicking "Go!" next to "open and recently shipped orders." Completed refunds will appear at the bottom of an individual order's summary page.

Secondly,
I have researched your another item "Soyo FreeStyler 500 Bluetooth Headset" and found that you have selected the one-day shipping and this item cost is $9.99. I am sorry it is not eligibe for Free Super Saver Shipping."

I have never had so much trouble with Amazon or any other online retailer before. I am sorry to say that this has been my worst online shopping experience.
sddddddddddd
Old 11-05-2007, 09:45 PM   #73
MadDog_

Yeah? So what?

Concerning my earlier posts, if you have low expectations and don't expect them to actually be efficient, you won't be disappointed.

I was in contact with Jeff Bezos' "Executive Customer Relations" department after leaving him a voicemail, and they did absolutely NOTHING. After upgrading me to one day, they actually shipped it THREE day.

Agreed, they suck.

Like you, I also expected them to actually be competent in handling my order. If I had low expectations, I would have had fewer headaches.

HOWEVER, with every day that goes by, I'm less inclined to follow up with Bezos' office on this, although I'm sure I will at some point.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:22 PM   #74
Shaun
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoc8368 View Post
PS: apparently i was told this morning they have only ONE fulfillment center in the entire company that can ship out cell phone. and they are having a "glitch in the software"
Interesting. Can you see on your tracking item list where your origin is? I am curious if we have the same origin. My origin was Lexington, KY for both 83xx phones.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:32 PM   #75
MadDog_

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun27612 View Post
Interesting. Can you see on your tracking item list where your origin is? I am curious if we have the same origin. My origin was Lexington, KY for both 83xx phones.
Yep, it was Lexington, although I forgot if Lexington is the actual city the fulfillment center is in.

Last edited by MadDog_; 11-05-2007 at 10:34 PM..
Old 11-06-2007, 09:03 AM   #76
Shaun
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: at&t

Upate on Amazon order speed:

A coworker placed an order for a Red 8310 on 10/30 and received her phone today 11/6.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:55 AM   #77
Maximus_Prime
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: AT & T
Default Finally, It is here

Hooray !! My phone arrive on Monday, Nov 5th.
But since I was out of town for work, I did not have a chance to play with it till late last night.

This phone's function rock, especially with the Pushed email!!,
Please pardon my excitement , as this is my first experience with BB

The only thing that I noticed right away was the trackball seem to be very "loose" compare to my friend's 8800, is this normal?

And now my Noob question, please bear with me

I have trouble loading application(s) to the phone using the App loader on my Desktop.

THE BBFAQ, stated that I must have matched OS
my BB version is 4.2.2.170
my Desktop version is 4.2.2.14

When I tried to upload the .alx file to the curve, I got this notification:
"No Additional applications designed for your device were found"

This happened to all the apps that I wanted to installed, so I have to use the phone browser to manually visit each site.

Anyone could please help me with this?

Thanks

Last edited by Maximus_Prime; 11-08-2007 at 09:36 AM.. Reason: more info
Old 11-12-2007, 01:09 AM   #78
MadDog_

You need to have the same OS downloaded on your desktop as on your BB. You can get it from here: BB OS Downloads

I had the same problem and this is the answer.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:23 AM   #79
MadDog_

December update:

I've already received my $75 rebate from AT&T, so the net cost for my 8310 was ZERO. In retrospect, that's pretty good.

In addition, I got an email from Amazon today, saying they're giving me a $75 gift card.

All in all, that's a pretty good deal.

One of the lessons learned after the hysteria has died down is that this transaction really would have been fine had I not reacted like a crack addict craving a fix. I guess that's why they call it a "Crackberry."
Closed Thread