Old 06-02-2009, 10:02 PM   #1
tinydawg37
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: att
Default at&t coverage?

Please Login to Remove!

Man, here lately I have been noticing coverage on my BB Curve 8310 has been spotty! Every so often i would look at my signal strength on my phone and the red "SOS" icon would be on, as if to say I don't have any network coverage? This would only happen every once in a blue moon, but now it seems to be happening at least once a week. What gives? Is at&t having some issues with network coverage? Could my phone be going bad? I've had it for about almost 2 months...anyone out there having the same issue? I live in Northeastern Ohio if that helps to know where i'm getting my coverage.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:15 PM   #2
dankarlinski
BlackBerry Master

Model: 1
Carrier: 1

Wirelessly posted (My Bold)

Att is upping to 3g for most areas. When they do that, the other networks tend to roam or drop to sos only.

I wouldn't be too concerned about it. Also, if you are inside a building when this SOS occurs, it may be that you are just out of reach of the network
Old 06-03-2009, 09:45 AM   #3
tinydawg37

yeah its starting to get annoying. It happened again over night. I woke up this morning and had the SOS status again, and I had missed two calls. This is crazy. I have two other phones on my plan that are not being affected. Could that be because my BB uses EDGE? Yeah and the only way to get out of the SOS status is to turn the phone off and then back on again. GRRRR....

Last edited by tinydawg37; 06-03-2009 at 09:46 AM..
Old 06-03-2009, 02:38 PM   #4
tinydawg37

OK so I called an at&t tech service rep and he told me that there have not been any strange things happening in my coverage area to warrant an SOS status on my BB. So they reset my BB and went thru some other troubleshooting stuff. So, now he is telling me to go to an att store and get a new sim card. He told me my old sim card might be the problem. I had no idea sim cards could go bad? So, that is the latest on this particular problem. I will update as soon as i get my new sim card and see if that makes any difference...more to come.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:15 AM   #5
mr.e-man

Model: none
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default My AT&T coverage is sucking the big one too

I have noticed that over the past couple of weeks my service has not been what it used to be. I'm in the Colorado Springs area. I'm dropping calls where I never used to drop calls, and I'm not getting coverage where I used to coverage just fine.

I'm really hoping that AT&T has something great in store for us after all of this terrible coverage. I'm on a 1st gen iPhone, looking to upgrade later this Fall to whatever comes out this Summer. Hopefully I won't have to endure this terrible coverage until then.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:50 PM   #6
tinydawg37

Well, I haven't gotten my new sim card just yet, but i did re-seat the sim card i have and cleaned off the contacts and so far no SOS. We'll see how long this lasts.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:47 PM   #7
tinydawg37

Well, earlier today I did get another SOS. So, I went to AT&T and requested a new sim card like the service rep told me to do. They installed it and now I am just waiting to see what happens. Man, I hope that's what the problem was. I really don't feel like getting a new phone, waiting for it to get shipped, blah blah blah...it's just a hassle. Why can't these things just WORK...I wonder if that was the reason all the BB's went on sale when I bought mine.....hmmmm
Old 06-05-2009, 08:54 AM   #8
tinydawg37

Default so far so....

Well, still no SOS, so hopefully the new sim card was the fix. We'll see though..the kind of week i have been having, anythings possible. I wonder why my BB's signal strength is always one or two bars short of full signal strength and the other 2 phones on my plan have full signal strength inside my house..strange..
Closed Thread