BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 12:35 PM   #1
kkd123

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Singtel but the phone logo is voda
Exclamation Bold 9000 cant access to internet even though connected to home wifi

Please Login to Remove!

My Phone
Bold 9000

Bold 9000 cant access to internet even though connected to home wifi
ShareThis
How does i solve this?? I do not have data plan but i only want to use it at home where have wifi. I turn on the wifi, connect to my house wifi, put in correct password and Connnect! at wifi icon even show my house wifi name. BUT! when i press the browser, it says *unable to connecet to the internet, please try again later.If the problem presists, please contace your service provider.* How do i solve this?? my device version is v5+. Carrier is voda fone. Even if i dont have data plan, i should able to use internet through wifi right? If not, what is WIFI for?? I could access to internet if i turn on my data plan, BUT! that costed me a bomb.! Last month i use 22mb and cost me 175$ bill....so please dont tell me to turn on my data plan... Beside the wifi problem, I also have viewing text msg problem. After i chat with a person at conversation sometimes, after aroun 200text sent to a person, the could't read his next msg,,, i could't open the msg. I have to delete all of that particular person msgs and then start compose msg.... Beside those two problem, everythings fine ....Battery life is excellent .. I live at Singapore(asia) i Brought it from web site. So its export set.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:06 PM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Default Re: Bold 9000 cant access to internet even though connected to home wifi

Does your carrier require you to have a BB dat aplan in order to get the WiFi service book? Some do, others do not.

Are you using the hotspot browser or the BB browser?

And did you see this:

Unable to connect to the internet, please try again later... - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 12-14-2010, 10:44 PM   #3
kkd123

Default Re: Bold 9000 cant access to internet even though connected to home wifi

none of those soloution help...:( . most of them are ppl who face same problem as me
Old 12-15-2010, 01:32 AM   #4
nikhil2789
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Airtel

some networks need to have the bb services to get wifi,,, i had the same problem but when i started bb data plan ,, my wifi was also started ...
Old 12-15-2010, 02:18 AM   #5
kkd123

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil2789 View Post
some networks need to have the bb services to get wifi,,, i had the same problem but when i started bb data plan ,, my wifi was also started ...
WHAT really ! dats soo bull shit stupid ! BOOOOOOberry
Old 12-15-2010, 04:23 AM   #6
ridr

Model: 9700
Carrier: Cell C

Did you change the setting in web browser:
options>browser configuration>browser (change internet browser to hotspot browser).
Old 02-19-2011, 10:56 AM   #7
iporter69
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Three Australia

My 9000 Bold's been driving me crazy till just now when I 'proved' an earlier statement on this thread.

At home in Oz, I can always connect to Wifi networks. But elsewhere it's been unpredictable. Here in Thailand, I have faced 'Failed to get an IP address' or some other excuse for not connecting my Wifi.

I followed a comment in here that some carriers require you to connect through BIS via their network BEFORE Wifi works. I just switched my Mobile Networks > Data off while roaming to 'ON' and immediately the greyed out Wifi icon went white.

Then the interesting thing is you can switch it back off once you have a connection - just did that too..

Another BB quirk fixed ... well till there is another issue!

I hope it helps a few folks..
Old 03-20-2011, 03:09 PM   #8
VaderJr

Carrier: Airtel

I had the same issue. I am not any of the data plans, not even the regular ones. So all I had to do is make sure that my data services in Mobile Network Options is on for Home and Roaming. (You wont be charged when you are not on any bb plans, atleast I am not). After that I opened the browser and changed the setting to HOTSPOT BROWSER and I am able to browse using my wifi at home without any issues. I use a WEP key based encryption so thats cool
Closed Thread