BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 08:26 PM   #1
AMCELL J
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Tmobile 7230 Help!

Please Login to Remove!

Ok, so I just got a 7230 locked to t-mobile

Of course I am a newbie with the blackberry. I do not have a blackberry plan yet but I've heard from people that it can be used if you have a data plan.

At this point I cant find a way to access the wap/gprs browser, its supposed to have an icon with the "T-Zones" shortcut but this unit does not list one.

Also when I go to Options>Browser>

The Default Browser configuration is: None. And I cant find a way to change it to anything....

Like I mentioned I do not have a blackbery plan buy I do have the VPN Data plan for tmobile and I heard that this would work for the blackberry...

Any Ideas? I am sure I am doing a bunch of this wrong....Any help?
Old 08-23-2004, 08:37 PM   #2
johnh
Thumbs Must Hurt

I think you need the blackberry plan. Then you can login to the blackberry web client (www.tmobile.com/bwc) and send your unit the appropriate service book. This will give you the browser.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:26 PM   #3
AMCELL J
Thumbs Must Hurt

Ok, I was just trying to get away from paying for the blackberry data plan since I have a 50 MB VPN Data plan I was planning to use with it.

But oh well if I must then I must...

If anyway knows a way please let me know otherwise I am just subscribing to the BB plan I guess...

Thanks!!!
Old 08-24-2004, 01:53 PM   #4
kirson
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT

To the best of my knowledge, this is not possible. The only way to do anything pother than phone calls and SMS on a Blackberry involves getting the Blackberry data plan...
Old 08-24-2004, 02:25 PM   #5
AMCELL J
Thumbs Must Hurt

Yeah so I noticed! the BB plan is well worth it I was just trying to see if I could save a couple of bucks here and there but like I said it is not worth it. Thanks to all!! :D
Old 08-25-2004, 05:07 AM   #6
knoppi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Do you have a lower case gprs? Or just a GSM sign on your Blackberry?
Old 08-25-2004, 10:41 AM   #7
AMCELL J
Thumbs Must Hurt

lower case gprs....why?
Old 08-26-2004, 11:07 AM   #8
knoppi
Thumbs Must Hurt

You do not need a plan for checking emails. a friend of mine is using his one in spain without BB plan, sure he has to poll for his emails with emailviewer from reqwireless. Only thing you need is lower case gprs

But if you want to have your mails pushed, there is no other way ... you have to book a BB Plan
Old 08-26-2004, 11:12 AM   #9
ScOObydoo
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Curve
Carrier: tmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMCELL J
lower case gprs....why?
lower case gprs is "regular" GPRS, uppercase GPRS is Blackberry enabled GPRS, you need the uppercase one for the device to have any Blackberry functionality like push email.
Old 08-26-2004, 07:32 PM   #10
AMCELL J
Thumbs Must Hurt

Yeah well I gave in and I just added the Blackberry data plan, I am now trying to figure out a few things....ie why access to the wap browser is ridiculous blocked to the point that I cant even access regular WAP pages...

Old 08-26-2004, 07:49 PM   #11
AMCELL J
Thumbs Must Hurt

Well lets be specific, I am trying to access the wap platform and on every imaginable address I try to access I get the following message: "Your plan does not support this feature" anyone had this problem....called the data wireless group and they said to "give it time to fully activate" since it can take up tp 48 hours to all features to kick in...

Now it sounds ot me I am getting the run around....I can access a very limited amount of content but mostly the access is blocked...

Anyone had the same problems? Suggestions?
Old 09-01-2004, 07:08 PM   #12
Stanley Pain
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700r
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Well lets be specific, I am trying to access the wap platform and on every imaginable address I try to access I get the following message: "Your plan does not support this feature" anyone had this problem....called the data wireless group and they said to "give it time to fully activate" since it can take up tp 48 hours to all features to kick in...

Now it sounds ot me I am getting the run around....I can access a very limited amount of content but mostly the access is blocked...

Having worked for Tmobile in the past, I can tell you that the 48hrs for provisioning is normal.

They used to have switch delays as long as 2 weeks (ie. not provisioning new subscibers for over 2 weeks).

You'll probably need to call em again in a couple of days so they can end your SGSN reg on the switch and get you reconnected. Do a hard reset on your BB in a day or so and see what happens.

Could also be your openwave profile is foobared/non existent
Old 09-01-2004, 08:45 PM   #13
Tom
Admin & Founder

Model: 9800
PIN: UnDisclosed
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Pain
Quote:

Having worked for Tmobile in the past, I can tell you that the 48hrs for provisioning is normal.

They used to have switch delays as long as 2 weeks (ie. not provisioning new subscibers for over 2 weeks).

You'll probably need to call em again in a couple of days so they can end your SGSN reg on the switch and get you reconnected. Do a hard reset on your BB in a day or so and see what happens.

Could also be your openwave profile is foobared/non existent

T-mobile eh? Did you work for any other interesting companies in the past?
Old 10-04-2004, 10:19 PM   #14
robb

Quote:

I had this same problem and it was infuriating. After multiple trips to the store, being told to leave a message and could never talk to a technician, I finally returned the thing and happily paid more for AT&T wirless. I know everybody has a horror story about one provider or another, and T-Mobile for the blackberry is mine. By the end, I was scremaing at the woman over the phone in the middle of the store. I would never, ever do business with T-Mobile after the total runaround for weeks of getting no service.
Closed Thread