Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 05:43 PM   #21
Sparkomatic
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Bold
PIN: S & Needles
Carrier: I don't even know her

Please Login to Remove!

I was having the same problem Harleerider was but it just seemed to go away. I don't remember if I reset my BB or not but the custom ringtone wasn't playing and then it just started working.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:40 PM   #22
vyper340
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: TMobile

Is there a max size of the MP3?
Old 10-16-2006, 08:56 PM   #23
thepoutypanda

Location: New Orleans and New York City (Two weeks a month in each city!)
Carrier: Tmobile

I don't think so. I have an expanded remix of a Pet Shop Boys song and it's about 4.07 mb.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:01 PM   #24
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

I believe there IS a limit if you do not have a microSD expansion card. Some other threads have mentioned a limit (2.86MB rings a bell) but no limit with an expansion card.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:12 PM   #25
thepoutypanda

Location: New Orleans and New York City (Two weeks a month in each city!)
Carrier: Tmobile

MMMMMM... I read a post about that earlier. I don't have any music on my device since I bought the microSD almost immediately.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:26 PM   #26
ledskof

Model: 8820
Carrier: T-Mobile

I tried everything that could be done without changing the OS or pulling the battery.

Finally I left things the way I wanted them, tested a few more times to make sure it was still not working, and then pulled the battery. Now it works fine. And it is accepting other changes properly.

I haven't put a MicroSD card in the phone yet (still waiting on it to arrive in the mail). So the mp3s that I'm using are stored in the device memory. They are small though as they're just ringtone loops, not full songs.

Something else I noticed while the phone wouldn't play ringtones properly was that it was running really slowly. After the battery pull it's back to normal speed as well. Unfortunately I haven't tested out custom pictures yet so I can't report anything there.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:26 PM   #27
bigmatty
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: !
Carrier: !

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyrcncp View Post
So you've gone to Profiles, then <Menu> New Exception and named the exception, added the name(s) of your contact(s), clicked Custom Phone Tune, picked a tune and saved the Exception and nothing? I've had my contacts with custom ringtones from day one and not one problem, if your exceptions are set correctly then yeah, you might want to switch phones. I have my ringtones saved in the phone's memory btw.
thanks, this helped me.

sounds basic, but I was stuck on having to give the exception a name in addition to picking a name. (might be nice if its name defaulted to the name you choose...)
Old 09-21-2007, 10:16 PM   #28
klucas814

Model: pearl
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mo
Talking How do I set the music to play for SMS messages?

I did this before, but it got erased when I updated, I cannot remember how to o it, can I ge hand please? any help is appreciated.. THANKS in advance..
Old 09-22-2007, 12:41 AM   #29
xploit
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320T
Carrier: T-Mobile-Titanium

what tha! I wasnt having that problem....then again I was using all custimzed ringtones. go here and start downloading free ringtones my friend! ->Free Rap & Hip Hop MP3 Ringtones - Downloads

what OS are u using??

Last edited by xploit; 09-22-2007 at 12:45 AM..
Old 09-25-2007, 11:57 AM   #30
klucas814

Default CERTIFICATES-Anny Way WAP Root

All of my certificates are working with the green check mark next to them excepting for the first one, the ANNY WAY WAP ROOT.. ANY HELP ON THIS IS APPREIATED THANKS IN ADVANCE...
Old 09-25-2007, 12:19 PM   #31
klucas814

Quote:
Originally Posted by xploit View Post
what tha! I wasnt having that problem....then again I was using all custimzed ringtones. go here and start downloading free ringtones my friend! ->Free Rap & Hip Hop MP3 Ringtones - Downloads

what OS are u using??
I understand what you are saying, but I have music, but I would like to know HOW to set them to my SMS
Old 11-30-2007, 05:13 PM   #32
ellens11

Model: Pearl
Carrier: AT&T
Default Cusromized Ringtones Problems

I am having the same exact problem as the other member who wrote to say that, despite setting customized "notification" ringtones, the ring always goes to the default. In my case, no matter how I customize my contacts, the ring is the same as whatever I have set for the first contact. I was thinking that I must have missed some part of doing this correctly but I have followed the instructions to a "t". It was reassuring (somewhat) to read that others have had the same problem. I tried removing the battery and replacing it. I tried re-saving the custom settings - all to no avail. Any suggestions? Thanks
Old 08-29-2008, 07:42 PM   #33
AlexisTheGreat

Carrier: AT&T
Question

Alright so i just got my BB Pearl for my Sweet 16 and I was having the same problem. Now, I've made it so the custom ringtones work for calls but is there anyway I can customize ringtones for texts? ... and do I have to have a SD card to do so?

- Alexis the Great
Old 09-05-2008, 08:41 AM   #34
wibbly
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyrcncp View Post
So you've gone to Profiles, then <Menu> New Exception and named the exception, added the name(s) of your contact(s), clicked Custom Phone Tune, picked a tune and saved the Exception and nothing? I've had my contacts with custom ringtones from day one and not one problem, if your exceptions are set correctly then yeah, you might want to switch phones. I have my ringtones saved in the phone's memory btw.
So what happens if a contact is listed in a profile exception with an overriding ring tone AND they have a different tone associated with them set from the contact "add custom phone tune".

They remain listed in the group and as a custom exception all on their own.

Does smoke come out of the speaker when they call :-| Is it predictable which tune plays?
Closed Thread