Old 08-28-2009, 06:38 AM   #321
pyro451
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9810
Carrier: AT&T
Default WiFi problems with this OS?

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I have been keeping up with most of the newest OS upgrades on my bold for a while now. I upgraded from .282 to the latest ATT release this week.

Everything seems to be fine EXCEPT WiFi. It still works fine at the office (WPA) but not at home (also WPA). Multiple battery pulls, delete and re-create the Home WiFi profile, calls to our IT BES support guy have not fixed the problem.

Anyone else experience WiFi issues after this upgrade?
Old 08-28-2009, 06:58 AM   #322
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

try rebooting the router.
its often the router being the problem not the phone

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 08-28-2009, 09:53 AM   #323
fkjr2
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9550
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckinneycm View Post
I don't have either of those issues. They both work fine for me.
ok figured out my error with berry buzz settings - had alert schedule wrong

but I am still experiencing the message icon delay when I read emails - the red color dot stays lit on mail icon until I go back to messages and then it clears.

Anyone else?
Old 08-28-2009, 11:34 AM   #324
jeffy

Model: Torch

Upgaded via desktop manager today to .297. First time I ever done an upgrade. All went smooth, took a little screwing around with the VVM to get it working but no big deal.
My application memory is now at 50.6MB.

Thanks to everyone that posted here with tips for an easy install.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:07 PM   #325
dulcamara
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9810

I don't have the time (or the hardware on my MAC) to do non-ATT upgrades. Did the ATT OTA tonight in 45mins, including enterprise activation with Link2Exchange (who were great on setting this up). All that's left is VVM, which I'll do tomorrow.

Everything seems to work. I'll know about boot time and battery life later. So far, I'm very happy with OTA. I can't see any major differences with the new OS, but am now wiping the windoze partitions on all my MACs.

Last edited by dulcamara; 08-28-2009 at 08:08 PM..
Old 08-28-2009, 09:28 PM   #326
jcp007
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800

I updated to OS .297 earlier this week. When I synched my Bold for the first time since the update, I had some very minor Outlook 2007 calendar issues. Outlook wanted annual dates to start at 12AM instead of 5AM on my Bold. I elected to use the 12AM option. A notification alerted me that an English update was available. In the Applications window, Core 4.6 applications appeared. Was DM attempting to re-install OS .297?
Old 08-28-2009, 09:30 PM   #327
JLP
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800

Upgraded via DM. Had issues with the restore, kept giving me a corrupt database issue every time the restore got to Code Module Group Properties. Multiple battery pull/try again cycles, still no go. Same issue with the backup I took before the upgrade.

Took me some poking to figure out that I could restore individual DBs from the backup file, which I did. The only thing missing had been my emails anyway. Everything looks good. Not sure if I should be concerned about the glitch. Would be nice to know what may have caused it, if anyone has ideas.

Up from 18 to 40 MB free. Time to figure out the VVM.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:17 AM   #328
onyx00
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Overall, this OS sucks for me. I barely maintain an EDGE connection where I am now. Note that after reboots I seem to get good 3G connection, but overnight I at some point drop down to EDGE and it just goes South from there. Previously I was running 190 (from AVEA) and it was great, giving me almost four bars 3G consistently. So the radio control seemed much better.

I am going to give it a couple more reboots, but if this doesn't clear up I am downgrading back to 190 and going with my Google Voice for voicemail needs.

Last edited by onyx00; 08-29-2009 at 09:19 AM..
Old 08-29-2009, 10:07 AM   #329
Nimgee

I've done the upgrade and it put several games/applications on that I want to delete. They are not listed when I go to options/advanced options/applications or when I use desktop manager to delete. When I select most of these I get a message that says "HTTP Error 502 Bad Gateway". This is when I'm connected via wi-fi as I'm home and don't have a strong signal for the network. I just want the icons/apps gone. Anybody know a solution?
Old 08-29-2009, 10:16 AM   #330
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimgee View Post
I've done the upgrade and it put several games/applications on that I want to delete. They are not listed when I go to options/advanced options/applications or when I use desktop manager to delete. When I select most of these I get a message that says "HTTP Error 502 Bad Gateway". This is when I'm connected via wi-fi as I'm home and don't have a strong signal for the network. I just want the icons/apps gone. Anybody know a solution?

These are links pushed via service books. You can only hide them. Do that and forget it, but see the tape solution earlier in the thread first.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:25 AM   #331
Nimgee

Default Hiding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinsonddog View Post
These are links pushed via service books. You can only hide them. Do that and forget it, but see the tape solution earlier in the thread first.
LOL Thanks Stinsonddog. Hiding doesn't make it gone, it only grays it but I guess we tidy freaks have to get over ourselves.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:14 PM   #332
fonejunkie
Just me

Model: iFone
PIN: Not on my iPhone5
Carrier: iPhone5 on AT&T Mobility

After you hide them, go back the the menu and uncheck SHOW ALL. Then they really will be hidden.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:39 PM   #333
Nimgee

Default Fabulous

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonejunkie View Post
After you hide them, go back the the menu and uncheck SHOW ALL. Then they really will be hidden.
Fonejunkie!!! I had no idea! My neatjunkieself is so happy! Thank you 1
Old 08-29-2009, 12:49 PM   #334
fonejunkie
Just me

Model: iFone
PIN: Not on my iPhone5
Carrier: iPhone5 on AT&T Mobility

Yeah, all of us tidy-freaks and neat-niks need to stick together
Old 08-29-2009, 04:27 PM   #335
onyx00
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothRunnings View Post
It looks like this OS is setup to fall back into 2G mode too easily, before when I was using .282 my BOLD almost never went into EDGE mode now since .297 it falls into EDGE all the time, its only when I lock the device in 3G mode that is stays there and of course I don't have any problems when it in 3G mode.

I suspect AT&T changed how the device operates in 3G & 2G mode because of the lack of infrustructure they have to support all their 3G devices.

A.
Should have read this thread more. This is exactly the case for me. I am noticing that if I soft reboot I am in 3G with 3-4 bars, but at some point it will drop down to EDGE and then stays in EDGE after that. So the sensitivity of dropping down to EDGE is an issue. I will probably try .282 per the above, but was also having no issues with .190. Visual Voicemail is nice, but not at this expense.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:36 PM   #336
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonejunkie View Post
Yeah, all of us tidy-freaks and neat-niks need to stick together
Well you have both just won my teenagers for a week (or more) until you have them trained. All the best.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:24 PM   #337
bga123

Model: Bold

Actually there is a way to get rid of these links, rather than hiding them. search Google crackmem which allows you to remove components of the OS to save space.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:35 PM   #338
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Carrier: Tesco Mobile

did you read?
those links are pushed by service books.
deleting them will only bring them back the next time your service books are pushed.
its NOT part of the OS.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 08-29-2009, 08:47 PM   #339
gcamilo

Carrier: At&T

Hey guys, while updating I had the blank screen with icons and 507 error, so I unplugged my phone and reran Loader.exe; but now my phone is completely blank! No third party apps, no bbm, nothing! I restored the backup file it created but it just adds my address book contacts and a couple of settings. What should I do?
Old 08-30-2009, 08:04 AM   #340
nedeem

After installation I lost all preloaded ringtones and sample pictures! However, modules:
net_rim_bb_medialoader_sonic_networks_high.cod
net_rim_bb_medialoader_sonic_networks_high_2.cod
are installed, and in profiles I can see default ringtones but these cannot be played. Also when I go to Media -> Ringtones I don't see any of preloaded ringtones. Did anyone had similar issues? I'm affraid I'm going back to previous OS!
Closed Thread