JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAddison View Post
Probably a stupid question but will the lack of response on Options > About be addressed? I almost had a major coronary event when it didn't work after I upgraded. I just don't see myself remembering (alt) e a c e for that long.
PUT VAD - Voice Activated Dialing back on your BB if you must see the Options > About screen. If you can remember that or Alt + Rt Shift + H, that is what you need to do. Well documented here on the Forums.

Good luck.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:55 AM   #162
TXLady
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldonbk View Post
Some of my "full day" calendar entries - possibly only the recurring ones (I haven't really looked closely) - changed from midnight (or full day) to 4 o'clock. I refused the calendar sync when I saw the detail as I don't really want to go hunting and changing all those entries to clean it up. In a fairly short time, when my Outlook calendar gets out of sync with my BB on important items, I'll definitely accept the sync and worry about the wierd time issue later.
Same thing happened to me (except they changed to 5 am start). I didn't mention it because I had done a three way sync between work-curve-home computer and wasn't sure what had caused it. It did appear to be only the recurring ones.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:49 AM   #163
Pflugerbill
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-mobile

Anyone having trouble with BBSmart Email viewer on 4.5? Mine hangs up and freezes and won't open the email.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:12 AM   #164
devnull
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: I747
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
PUT VAD - Voice Activated Dialing back on your BB if you must see the Options > About screen. If you can remember that or Alt + Rt Shift + H, that is what you need to do. Well documented here on the Forums.

Good luck.

Alt + Left Shift + H works for me also.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:49 AM   #165
kriswilliams03
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: stuck in the balloon
Carrier: AT & T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pflugerbill View Post
Anyone having trouble with BBSmart Email viewer on 4.5? Mine hangs up and freezes and won't open the email.
I had the same problem. Finally just uninstalled the program. I still love the interface of Smart viewer better than the native HTML under 4.5, but oh well....

If anyone figures out the issue and has a solution, I'd love to hear about it!
Old 07-21-2008, 10:48 AM   #166
sheldonbk
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrolldf View Post
Same thing happened to me (except they changed to 5 am start). I didn't mention it because I had done a three way sync between work-curve-home computer and wasn't sure what had caused it. It did appear to be only the recurring ones.
Checked again and definitely all recurring ones... It wants to copy from BB to Outlook. Noticed some 5 AM. Last time only 4 AM. Went into a couple of these calendar entries to see if I could fix on BB so they wouldn't copy to Outlook. Found that even though it wants to copy 4 or 5 AM from BB to Outlook, they're not 4 or 5 AM on BB. They're full day with no particular time. Has to be a bug. I'm wondering if there's a work-around.

Sheldon
Old 07-21-2008, 10:55 AM   #167
Renegade4x4
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: At&t

Wirelessly posted

Well it has been a couple days and all is still well! I had no issues of locking up I did however have some calls dropped but I was out in the country where there's hardly any signal. I talked for an hour yesterday using my bluetooth earpiece and played with my phone quite a bit and still had 60 percent battery left 14 hours later when I went to bed not bad IMHO.

Chris
Old 07-21-2008, 11:43 AM   #168
CSO
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriswilliams03 View Post
I had the same problem. Finally just uninstalled the program. I still love the interface of Smart viewer better than the native HTML under 4.5, but oh well....

If anyone figures out the issue and has a solution, I'd love to hear about it!
I've been in touch with both BBSmart and Empower and neither one is yet compatible with 4.5. They are each in the process of developing an update.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:52 AM   #169
sheldonbk
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSO View Post
I've been in touch with both BBSmart and Empower and neither one is yet compatible with 4.5. They are each in the process of developing an update.
The latest update for Empower Pro 4.5 (BIS) was working fine for me under 4.5.0.37. I haven't had a chance to really look into whether it works under 4.5.0.52 yet but it doesn't seem quite right. When you check for updates using their program, it detects your OS version and then you download the appropriate version.

All I can say is I'm going to keep it installed and regularly check for updates.

Sheldon
Old 07-21-2008, 01:25 PM   #170
CSO
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
The latest update for Empower Pro 4.5 (BIS) was working fine for me under 4.5.0.37. I haven't had a chance to really look into whether it works under 4.5.0.52 yet but it doesn't seem quite right. When you check for updates using their program, it detects your OS version and then you download the appropriate version.

All I can say is I'm going to keep it installed and regularly check for updates.
Empower works well in my BES account, but locks up completely with attachments/email from my personal BIS email.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:48 PM   #171
lyrikah

Carrier: at&t
Question Prob with the web

Everything seemed to be perfect after I downloaded the newest OS (so excited about the video & voice recorder & the ability to watch videos.. but moving along...). I USED to be able to access my online banking thru my BB. Now, after the "UPGRADE" I cannot. Whenever I enter my user id, I'm not able to do anything else but move up & down the screen. I cannot click the next field to enter my password, I cannot click any of the other options (customer service, find a location, etc.). I'm at a loss. Can anyone help me out??

Also, what is the difference between the emulation modes??
Old 07-21-2008, 03:45 PM   #172
auntpenn
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
Question Do you have to remove os 4.2.2.170 first?

I have tried and tried to follow the instructions given in the beginning of this thread for upgrading to 4.5. But no luck. My DM is 4.5. I have gone to the link labeled Software download for TIM Italy and downloaded for the 8310. Deleted the vendor.xml file, but when I connect to the DM there is request to upgrade and when I hit the app loader it says there is nothing new to upgrade. H E L P Frustration is setting in.

I noticed that all of the files in Research in Motion/common files/App Ldr/ are labeled 4.3.18 except mailserver dll which says 4.5.0.14. My phone says its v4.2.2.170

Am I messed up bad???
Old 07-21-2008, 04:01 PM   #173
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Auntpenn, first try disconnecting the BB from the USB. Reboot both the PC and BB (pull the battery while powered on) and try again.

Reconnect the BB to the USB. Then open DM and see if you get the prompt.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:38 PM   #174
SCAddison

PIN: 24540409

Thanks JSanders and devnull..
Old 07-21-2008, 10:42 PM   #175
hammer40
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900

Quote:
Checked again and definitely all recurring ones... It wants to copy from BB to Outlook. Noticed some 5 AM. Last time only 4 AM. Went into a couple of these calendar entries to see if I could fix on BB so they wouldn't copy to Outlook. Found that even though it wants to copy 4 or 5 AM from BB to Outlook, they're not 4 or 5 AM on BB. They're full day with no particular time. Has to be a bug. I'm wondering if there's a work-around.
Mine has been switching all my recurring items to 2 day events. Something also scrambled all my Outlook contact display names and email addresses. I sent out over 25 emails before I started getting them back saying "i think I got this by mistake".

Ouch
Old 07-22-2008, 02:47 AM   #176
Josh615
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T Mobile

I thought there was going to be html emails. Was I wrong about this? Im not complaining, I like the update, but I was just curious about this. I thought I had read that it would have it a while back. Thanks for any info.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:02 AM   #177
Josh615
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T Mobile

sorry, i didnt follow rule numero uno and search first. now that i have, i found the sticky in the general discussion forum. this is good stuff!
Old 07-22-2008, 07:15 AM   #178
JaguarXJ7
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9810

Wirelessly posted

Subtle but really nice improvements. Well worth updateing to. Even the browser seems to be a bit faster. Just the overall running seems a bit more snappy and smooth.

I am glad I took JC's advice!

"Torch 9810 + Playbook 64gb"
Old 07-22-2008, 09:17 AM   #179
sd5187
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Z10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh615 View Post
I thought there was going to be html emails. Was I wrong about this? Im not complaining, I like the update, but I was just curious about this. I thought I had read that it would have it a while back. Thanks for any info.
HTML emails also requires that the BIS/BES servers have this feature enabled.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:05 AM   #180
lewisw

Carrier: rogers
Default empower on 4.5 no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSO View Post
Very strange ,
I just installed 4.5.0.37 and then went to the empower website re-downloaded the version and in the archive is a 4.5 version and it is
working perfectly.

Had to remove the previous empower version first though.

Hope this helps.
Lewis
Closed Thread