Old 11-25-2006, 07:35 PM   #121
ibrg
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 0000
Carrier: T-Mo

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan
Your 5 digit code should work with any of the versions. Maybe you can PM me...
PM-ed. Thanks for looking into this.

Quote:
But let me take a look about if you choose to be notified of unknown numbers, it should flash the same color as a missed call.
That would be a great option

Last edited by ibrg; 11-25-2006 at 07:38 PM..
Old 11-26-2006, 06:47 PM   #122
Pontech

Model: 7130c
Carrier: cingular
Default 7130c

Does this program work on 7130c.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:41 PM   #123
logan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7520
Carrier: TELUS

Yes will work on every model as far as I know (4.1 and higher OS). The only problems you might have are with what colors your LED supports.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:38 PM   #124
tony597fitter
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: tmobile

Logan, this app. is great. I installed for my wife on her BB. She would drive me crazy because she would put her phone on silent all the time and she would never switch it back, so at least now she can see the BRIGHT FLASHING LIGHT OOOH. WOMEN!
Old 11-27-2006, 05:56 PM   #125
DiRN

Model: 8900
Carrier: at&t

Logan,

I recently upgraded to version 1.2 and noticed that the SMS LED only works when BlackBerry Alerts is running unlike the Email LED which works even if I close BBA. Getting the SMS LED to work like the Email one would just about complete this application for me.

EDIT: Missed calls work the same as missed SMS.

Last edited by DiRN; 11-27-2006 at 09:11 PM..
Old 11-27-2006, 10:55 PM   #126
logan
Thumbs Must Hurt

You shouldn't close the application, leave it running in the background. The Email LED you are seeing is probably the blackberry OS software.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:59 AM   #127
DiRN

Carrier: at&t

My email LED is set to blue. If I leave the LED notification on in the OS' Messages profile there is a quick red flash in the middle of the first two blue flashes. It's definitely BB Alerts. The reason I like this is because it's one less program to scroll through when doing an Alt + Esc.

EDIT: Plus, since I never use the alerts list, I don't have to go to BB Alerts periodically to clear out the log.

Last edited by DiRN; 11-28-2006 at 10:08 AM..
Old 11-28-2006, 10:12 AM   #128
logan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Ahh OK I see the issue. This actually looks more like a bug to me, the program has exited but the email listener is still running. The SMS listener stops running because of the way I wrote the application, there is not much support for SMS for developers.
On program termination I should be manually killing the email/PIN listener. The phone call listener seems to be terminating fine also.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:52 AM   #129
YMark

Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiRN
EDIT: Plus, since I never use the alerts list, I don't have to go to BB Alerts periodically to clear out the log.
Are you saying that you can select an option for BB Alerts to NOT enter the alerts in the BB Alerts log file? I haven't see the option of turning this off. I've just played with the colors. How do you do this?
Old 11-28-2006, 10:59 AM   #130
logan
Thumbs Must Hurt

No there is no option for that. He is closing the application but the email portion doesn't close like it should.
I'll probably be adding the option not to log alerts in 1.3 and will have to do a check that you do not have the pop up on screen option set. No point in popping on screen if there is an empty log.
Another suggestion was to have the LED flash multiple colors depending on what alerts are active rather than just highest priority.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:09 AM   #131
YMark

Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
No there is no option for that. He is closing the application but the email portion doesn't close like it should.
Got it. Didn't think I had missed it?

Quote:
I'll probably be adding the option not to log alerts in 1.3 and will have to do a check that you do not have the pop up on screen option set. No point in popping on screen if there is an empty log.
I agree. I like the option of not logging alerts. I rarely visit that log except to clear it.
Quote:
Another suggestion was to have the LED flash multiple colors depending on what alerts are active rather than just highest priority.
This sounds like a valuable feature. Let me know if you want any testing done.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:49 AM   #132
srotman

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

k. so ive tested 2 versions of the program now (im using the latest as of now) and i have the same problem on both.

bbalerts is alerting me, RANDOMLY, of missed calls/sms/etc that IVE ALREADY CHECKED!

i dont get it? i thought bbalerts is only supposed to alert u if you havent acknowledged a missed call/email/sms/etc. but if i go to my phone within seconds of missing a call, then see the cal log, or i check and read an sms i received a few minutes ago, shouldnt bbalerts NOT alert me?

it doesnt make sense to be alerted of stuff ive already checked on my own even though i missed them when they first came in

please tell me if this is a bug or am i just misunderstanding the purpose of this program.

i will say, tho, that for missed calls this is a blessing in disguise! i love that it bugs me every minute!!!

logan, i have one feature that i will pay you EXTRA for! (unless its already in there, in which case i retract my offer ) anywho. can you get BB alerts to alert you if you've missed the alarm clock!? the alarm on the pearl is the closest thing you can get to a piece of ****. barely loud enough. BUT the crazy alert i get sometimes in the middle of the night when i get an email or missed phone call wakes me up REALLY well! ive since turned that off thankfully (i like my sleep). but the fact that it went off every minute got me up and i would LOVE that in addition to the standard alarm clock app. i dont know if theres any way to program it to recognize the alarm as an alert. i know the alarm already has a snooze feature but for some reason my unit doesnt ring after each 1min snooze the alarm is programmed for. it only comes on the screen that there is an alarm. no sound.

so bbalerts, so far, in my opinion, will be the FIRST bb app i think im gonna lay out some $ for. but i still wanna know about that first prob i have.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:53 AM   #133
logan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Yeah that sounds like a bug, but on Pearl I didn't think any problem like that was occuring.
Wondering if you maybe modified any pearl settings like idle timeout or something. Other than that is the program working ok for every day use and just having problems testing? Just thinking of what conditions might cause that on Pearl.

edit: Not sure about alarms I can take a look but I know Calendar events can't be done. I remember for my alarm it would start ring and then keep getting louder and louder until I turned it off.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:23 AM   #134
ibrg

Quote:
Originally Posted by srotman
...i will pay you EXTRA for! ...can you get BB alerts to alert you if you've missed the alarm clock!? the alarm on the pearl is the closest thing you can get to a piece of...
And I'll pay you extra to have BB Alerts alerting me when I forget to use the restroom and make a toast in the morning. Or kiss my husband.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:33 AM   #135
srotman

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibrg
And I'll pay you extra to have BB Alerts alerting me when I forget to use the restroom...
I'm sorry to hear....
May I suggest: a solution?
Old 11-29-2006, 10:47 AM   #136
Melanie Baldwin

Model: 7100I
Carrier: Nextel
Question

I downloaded the demo yesterday and ever since my mail has been messed up. First my browser icon disappeared and my email icons ( blackberry, hotmail and yahoo). I did a hard reset and my browser came back. I did another reset and my email icons came back, but each inbox was receiving it's own mail, not forwarding to my blackberry address, my work email is the only one still forwarding. This is the weirdest though, when I am in any of my menus, email, alarm, call logs (any menu that the standard icons on the top of the screen still show) I have an icon that shows 8 unread emails, or messages. I started with just 2 then everytime I reset 2 more would show up. I have gove through everything I can think of and can't figure this out. It's like there is an invisble inbox somewhere that I can't find. I'm in a 7100i, BIS, and I downloaded all the new software when it came out, running 4.1.0.376. Any help would be awesome. I really don't want to sit on the phone with the BB Tech guys today.
MelTel
Old 11-29-2006, 11:09 AM   #137
logan
Thumbs Must Hurt

You could try a device wipe. No idea why your BlackBerry is losing it's mind

Also maybe try going to options - advanced options - host routing table - register now. That will refresh your icons usually.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:44 AM   #138
Melanie Baldwin

Model: 7100I
Carrier: Nextel
Question

It sets everything back to as if it was new out of the box right? If I do the wipe?

I will try the hosting routing again. Thanks!!!
MelTel
Old 11-29-2006, 11:48 AM   #139
logan
Thumbs Must Hurt

A wipe erases all user data so yes basically eveyrthing.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:07 PM   #140
ibrg

Quote:
Originally Posted by srotman
May I suggest: a solution?
Thanks but BB Alerts takes care of this problem now
Closed Thread