jlb
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: Rogers

Please Login to Remove!

Cool!!
Old 08-03-2006, 07:36 PM   #122
jade_nz

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

Tried it they did not let me sign up over the phone
Old 08-04-2006, 12:07 AM   #123
Golga

Model: 9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade_nz
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

Tried it they did not let me sign up over the phone
What, they said you'd have to go to a dealer?? What did they say??
Old 08-04-2006, 12:16 AM   #124
jade_nz

Default getting a usa plan

Yer man you have to provide I'd and proof of address! This was just from I guy from varison.

But plans could be bourght for what 35 dollars a month. Just over 400 bucks a year.

I'm for that - I might try phoning but they will need an address for the sim card.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:20 AM   #125
SilverSurfer95
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800r

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade_nz
Yer man you have to provide I'd and proof of address! This was just from I guy from varison.

But plans could be bourght for what 35 dollars a month. Just over 400 bucks a year.

I'm for that - I might try phoning but they will need an address for the sim card.
Does anyone understand what this person wrote?
Old 08-04-2006, 12:24 PM   #126
Golga

Model: 9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer95
Does anyone understand what this person wrote?
I'll hazard a guess.

They are from New Zealand (nz in the name?)

They are trying to get a BB on any system other than Vodaphone NZ, hence the Verizon reference.

They like the new rogers data pricing. $400 a year appeals to them. (Although this amount has nothing to do with the current state of the thread)

They need a local address for the sim to be registered on Verizon, Rogers, or whoever they want that isn't Vodaphone.

/big money, no whammies
/STOP

Did I win?
Old 08-04-2006, 12:59 PM   #127
jade_nz

Cool explained

Yes I am from nz, but currently I am living in canada.

The whole reason for these threads was rogers wireless in canada has very bad pricing plans - 25 mb for $60, my first bill was $700.

The plans in the states are like $35 unlimited. Roughly.

I was wondering if I could get a year plan in the states as bbs are global.

Of course the phone would be long distance but just for internet why not.? legal reasons maybe- I'm not sure.

Also refering to people in the third person may be considered polite in certain european languages - not in english speaking western common wealth countries. It is used as a way of ostricise a 'third party' as in I will talk about them not to them. If on the other hand you were refering to kiwis then that is a RACIAL slur.

I hope I have clarified what I believe to be a good question.

The whole point of bbs is communication and bringing the world closer together by beeing able to communicate easily with one another
Old 08-06-2006, 09:33 PM   #128
MobileRC
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Rogers just added a new 100 dollar 200 mb plan for bb's
Old 08-07-2006, 08:55 AM   #129
RIM_Next_Door
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Z10
PIN: 1

I was with Bell. I think it's fare to say, for the most part Bell & Rogers are the same. What one does, the other follows the next day. I was with Bell for over 12 years, never left once. I got tired of using some what "dated" technology, and an over mentality of "you've been with us for 12 years, you won't leave."

I have to admit, I'm definately not pro-Rogers. Mr. Rogers takes enough from me each month for "basic + CNN" tv cable. I do hate to support 'em, but with that said, I have to admit, I enjoy some of the functionality that Rogers/GSM offers. It's nice to have only one number in your address book that works the same way (i.e. "+1 519 xxx - xxxx" and "519 xxx - xxxx"). I also have to admit, altough they are forced to be pleasent, I do feel a bit more appreciated by Rogers. Bell technical support just blames me, my company and my network right off the bat, and isn't concerned with me at all. Rogers tries it's best to diagnose the problem with your device first.

For some other reason, when I land in the USA I get better reception and quicker service on my BB with Rogers (Cingular) then I do with Bell (whoever they use in the USA). For example, when I hoped off the plane in JAX (FL) I got instant service with Rogers last week. A couple of months ago with Bell, I got off in the same place and it was 3 minutes after leaving the airport in the CAR, I got service.

I'm a "loyal-sole." I like to be honest and loyal, but wish Bell was with me. Were nothing more then numbers and addresses that get automatically billed each month!
Old 08-07-2006, 09:43 PM   #130
jlb

I just spent four days in the states (long weekend). I drove down and I almost never noticed it changed networks except for the sms message. They seem to have a very smooth transition to cingular or T-mobile. It's awesome!
Old 08-10-2006, 04:17 PM   #131
castolfo

Carrier: rogers
Red face Quick Solution to Rogers overage charges..

The average cost per call in customer service is about 18 dollars. I call every day for about 5 days prior to my billing cycle for my updated data usage.

My point is that as long as the customer knows how much data is being used, its up to the customer to regulate it. Now rogers doesn't allow customers to see their data usage so i just keep calling..

5 calls x 18 dollars each = 90.00 each month (cost to rogers just for me)

now lets see - 90.00/user X 30,000 BB users per month = strong motivation to change their billing policies..

btw the number is on your bill..

oh yeah, when i get through i talk to them about their policies for about 15-20 mins (this increases their AHT - average handling time and costs them more money)..
Old 08-10-2006, 04:57 PM   #132
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold

Thread edited to indicate the petition's mission has been accomplished.

Quote:
AUG 2006 UPDATE:
Rogers now has a 200MB BlackBerry Plan!

As of August 2006, the petition's mission has now been mostly accomplished. Over 1000 people have signed the petition!
Success:
(1) Rogers no longer uses deceptive advertising to call the 25MB plan 'unlimited'
(2) Rogers now has a 200 megabyte plan for $100 per month.
While Rogers can do better than this, the petition's mission has now been completed. While we are sure the petition may not have had much of an effect on Rogers management, it definitely raised awareness of Roger's BlackBerry pricing plans, which may have ultimately contributed to Rogers' decision making in the very end. More and more people were definitely experiencing data overusages on the Model 8700 Series.
Call ROGERS - 1-888-ROGERS1 and upgrade to the BlackBerry $100 plan for 200MB of data per month. Even while switching, don't forget to make a polite comment that the competition has better plans and to bump the limit to 500MB.
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source
Old 08-10-2006, 08:05 PM   #133
SilverSurfer95
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by castolfo
The average cost per call in customer service is about 18 dollars. I call every day for about 5 days prior to my billing cycle for my updated data usage.

My point is that as long as the customer knows how much data is being used, its up to the customer to regulate it. Now rogers doesn't allow customers to see their data usage so i just keep calling..

5 calls x 18 dollars each = 90.00 each month (cost to rogers just for me)

now lets see - 90.00/user X 30,000 BB users per month = strong motivation to change their billing policies..

btw the number is on your bill..

oh yeah, when i get through i talk to them about their policies for about 15-20 mins (this increases their AHT - average handling time and costs them more money)..
I love this person! You obviously have some call centre industry experience as have I. One detail I would add though is to call them from your cell phone (611 I believe) to further increase the CPC (Cost per Call). Eventually Robbers Wireless will wake up. Oh how I wish T-Mo were in Canada
Old 08-14-2006, 02:56 PM   #134
Steve Holditch

Model: 7130e
Default 25 MB advertised as Unlimited

They still advertise the 25MB package as unlimited. As seen here (not allowed to post an URL yet) so ....

(Pick the 8700, pick your provice etc, you'll see the $90/month plan advertised as unlimited.)
Old 08-17-2006, 04:30 PM   #135
Lex Luthor
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Holditch
They still advertise the 25MB package as unlimited. As seen here (not allowed to post an URL yet) so ....

(Pick the 8700, pick your provice etc, you'll see the $90/month plan advertised as unlimited.)
if you click the link below it shows the $90 voice and data package as 25MB not unlimited.

Rogers.com-Wireless, Digital Cable, Hi-Speed Internet, Bundles
Old 08-23-2006, 03:16 AM   #136
Postalrecon

Model: N80
Default the caps sucks, but you agreed to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumif
I heard about the new plans coming out but like you said "its just talks". If nothing will happen soon I'll move on with my 5 accounts (some of them are 18 years old) to another carrier. You can't say Unlimited and then tell me it’s limited to 25 that's a total BS and not legal.
but it is legal...didnt you sign up for an unlimited plan with a cap in small writing.....if you signed it its legal

http://xninjax.vox.com/
Old 09-20-2006, 07:57 AM   #137
Steve Holditch

Model: 7130e

[QUOTE=Nitty]if you click the link below it shows the $90 voice and data package as 25MB not unlimited.

So in some places they advertise the limit as 25 MB, but in others as I stated above, they still advertise as unlimited data other places on their website -
$90/mth Unltd Data and 350 Wkday & Unltd Eve & Wknd Min
Old 09-26-2006, 10:22 PM   #138
mortys11

Model: BOLD
Carrier: rogers

ok

so we pay 100 bucks CDN for "unlimited" data while down south you can get unlimited data and 1500 anytime fon minutes for $79....

man, we are getting raped !!!!

where is the competition....carriers are in bed with each other....pure scam

there should be an investigation ... collusion/anti trust/monopoly

i would leave rogers in a minute...to go where?????

Last edited by mortys11; 09-27-2006 at 05:30 PM..
Old 09-27-2006, 05:31 PM   #139
clyde_turkey
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Robbers Wireless
Default I agree...

The problem is with silly Canadian regulation....
We live in a country that pretends to be so forward thinking in technology, yet we hamsting the market with useless government bodies that prevent foreign ownership and stagnate competition. The same regulators allowed Fido to be absorbed by Rogers(and Rogers says what monopoly, there's still Bell and Telus). the CRTC and Industry Canada are the people to be petitioning about service providers. CTRC is the body that allows the carriers to charge the insane SAF every month. So you can start complaining to them. Industry Canada is the body that controls RF signals in Canada, thus controlling who the Cellular network providers are. I doubt you will see TMobile or anyone else for that matter try to enter the Canadian market anytime soon, due to the regulatory crap.

You should also know that the CRTC is also the body that makes it illegal to receive sattelite signals from another country, primarily because they don't contain 25% Canadian/French content. Canada is the ONLY country in the WORLD that makes it illegal to receive foreign content!!!!!!!

Sorry to rant of topic there, but really the petition should be going to the governement regulators or the BBB now that rogers has published their limits.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:45 PM   #140
Nickster248

Model: 9800
PIN: 2333C6FD
Carrier: Telus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortys11
ok

so we pay 100 bucks CDN for "unlimited" data while down south you can get unlimited data and 1500 anytime fon minutes for $79....

man, we are getting raped !!!!

where is the competition....carriers are in bed with each other....pure scam

there should be an investigation ... collusion/anti trust/monopoly

i would leave rogers in a minute...to go where?????
I agree with you 100%. With the $100 unlimited plan, it's just that...a data plan only, and if you want phone minutes, you have to purchase that plan seperately, whereas with the $90 plan, although you are limited to 25MB, at least you get a decent voice plan as well.

BB PIN: 2333C6FD on a Torch 9800
Closed Thread