Old 01-30-2008, 11:41 AM   #81
untjoker
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwilliams1008 View Post
So the most current news I've been hearing about the new update (4.3/4.5) doesn't mention video capability. Is that still in the plans?
yes it's in the official RIM release
Old 01-30-2008, 11:39 PM   #82
underskybb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Many
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibi View Post
Attached are a few pictures (of recording, saving, the playlist, and viewing).

Hope that helps.

YOU ICON! ARRHHHHHH ARRRHHHHH ARHHHHHHH ARRHHHHHH I ALMOST DESTROYED MY MONITOR!

very funny though
Old 01-31-2008, 04:13 AM   #83
PeaceOut
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

I'd rather have a fix for vibrating and ringing at the same time before video.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:32 AM   #84
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!

So tired of just hearing about this illusive update!

Where is it?

In the end, I am betting we have to buy new hardware to get the new OS. That would be fine with me, just get it out!

Last edited by John Clark; 01-31-2008 at 08:37 AM..
Old 01-31-2008, 08:36 AM   #85
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceOut View Post
Not likely to happen any time soon.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:41 AM   #86
JaguarXJ7
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9810
Carrier: Rogers

This of course is just my own opinion, but why are so many people so anxious to have video recording capabilities with a camera that ........ well ........ kinda sucks. I rather RIM pull the camera out and add WiFi to the 8310, then I'll have the best of both worlds (GPS & WiFi). <- I can dream!

Don't get me wrong, I Love My Curve, but I find all in phone cameras suck not just BlackBerries.

"Torch 9810 + Playbook 64gb"
Old 01-31-2008, 10:27 AM   #87
vincentnyc
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaguarXJ7 View Post
This of course is just my own opinion, but why are so many people so anxious to have video recording capabilities with a camera that ........ well ........ kinda sucks. I rather RIM pull the camera out and add WiFi to the 8310, then I'll have the best of both worlds (GPS & WiFi). <- I can dream!

Don't get me wrong, I Love My Curve, but I find all in phone cameras suck not just BlackBerries.
the 8800..doesn't have a cam..but has wifi and gps. but the keyboard sux though.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:11 AM   #88
StephBKNY
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Um, go into your ringers and choose tone only. That fixes that.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:06 PM   #89
luc-mobile

Model: 8900
Carrier: Claro

The new OS was "promised" (not really promised, actually) for the first quarter of 2008. We're still in January. I won't be scratching my head over that issue until April 2nd. I might worry around June or July. I should be angry in December.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:15 AM   #90
JaguarXJ7
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9810

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentnyc View Post
the 8800..doesn't have a cam..but has wifi and gps. but the keyboard sux though.
Soooooo close to perfection ........ damn! LOL

Since device perfection is primarily based on personal impressions and humans are never truly satisfied 100%, there will therefore never be a Perfect device.

The Pursuit of Perfection" is a perfect example of this; it immediately implies that we are not 100% satisfied with what we already have.

"Torch 9810 + Playbook 64gb"
Old 02-01-2008, 04:29 AM   #91
George1
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: Optus

Quote:
[...] why are so many people so anxious to have video recording capabilities with a camera that ........ well ........ kinda sucks.

[..] Don't get me wrong, I Love My Curve, but I find all in phone cameras suck [...]
True - oh so true. Well put, could not agree more. Love the post (I can't get over it)
Old 02-01-2008, 09:17 AM   #92
ubizmo

Model: 9780
PIN: ultimate
Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
This of course is just my own opinion, but why are so many people so anxious to have video recording capabilities with a camera that ........ well ........ kinda sucks.
I don't think it's that bad at all. I don't expect it to be the equal of a decent standalone digital camera, but the point is, I don't carry a camera with me all the time, and I don't want to. I don't need all my pictures to be "good". What I like about phone cameras is that they're always right there, and that creates the possibility of taking pictures at lots of moments that I would otherwise miss. I like being able to send them to people instantly, to share a moment. The same thing goes for video. I'm well aware that the quality of the videos recorded on the BB will be pretty poor. But the point, for me anyway, is not to make "quality video"; it's to be able to be on holiday somewhere, and see something cool, shoot ten seconds of video or so, send it to my daughter or to friends via email, and share the experience, in a grainy way, with them.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:10 PM   #93
maliks
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Smile Good News

yeap this is really good one if we record video on BBCurve 8320
Old 02-01-2008, 12:31 PM   #94
ltj13

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
They arent gonna "fix" something that they dont feel is a bug. thats the way its designed. BB's have always been like that.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:56 PM   #95
Jagga
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Z10
Carrier: Lord Rogers - 107

Quote:

Really? Then you haven't seen photos taken with SE phones with either 2MP+Auto Focus or even some from my K790a (with AF+Xenon Flash) or from the new 5MP SE K850i. I've been bothered by RIM not researching photo results taken by other manufacturers' cellphones and yet calling the Curve & Pearl series as "consumer devices". You cannot fully call this without giving users the ability to use their device with the same "common" features found in feature phones. I'm not saying I expect an iteration of the Curve or Pearl or new device with a 5MP camera; thats way too costly and still most users on BlackBerry's don't use the camera that often or cannot because on some BES activated devices its locked from user usuage. (I still think utilizing GPS and the IT Policy to lock this out with a range of say 10miles away from any corporate campus that an employee can work at would be best of both BES restrictions & user preference ).

Now camera phones are not as good as a digital camera but they're far from being a gimmick now and ppl can take worthy family moments. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to plug another forum but for your own personal interest, take a look at photos taken from the K750i (a 2yr old phone) and the K790/800 (or K850i) on thread like "post pictures taken by your ***" (put the phone above in the ***) on Esato.com forums.

That said I'd like RIM to implement video recording, and considering the higher resolution it'll be better than that of the K750i made 2 yrs ago; but what of fps? Im not seeing this stated anywhere. if its 15fps I wont be using it. I'd rather see RIM implement AutoFocus in their 2MP cameras in the future.

But there are other things we use our BB's for and still love them to death.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:50 PM   #96
laur419
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Unhappy when the heck is this new OS coming out? I'm totally impatient! ;)

I've been hearing about this update a lot... but it sounds like it keeps getting pushed back...what's the deal already?

Quote:
Originally Posted by luc-mobile View Post
The new OS was "promised" (not really promised, actually) for the first quarter of 2008. We're still in January. I won't be scratching my head over that issue until April 2nd. I might worry around June or July. I should be angry in December.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:56 PM   #97
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

i would assume it isnt done being developed and hasnt passed QA yet. Noone wants to use an OS that wont work properly or causes more issues than it adds features.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:05 PM   #98
brucewayne

Model: 8320
PIN: 243FE18A

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubizmo View Post
I don't think it's that bad at all. I don't expect it to be the equal of a decent standalone digital camera, but the point is, I don't carry a camera with me all the time, and I don't want to. I don't need all my pictures to be "good". What I like about phone cameras is that they're always right there, and that creates the possibility of taking pictures at lots of moments that I would otherwise miss. I like being able to send them to people instantly, to share a moment. The same thing goes for video. I'm well aware that the quality of the videos recorded on the BB will be pretty poor. But the point, for me anyway, is not to make "quality video"; it's to be able to be on holiday somewhere, and see something cool, shoot ten seconds of video or so, send it to my daughter or to friends via email, and share the experience, in a grainy way, with them.

You hit the nail right on the head there
Old 02-03-2008, 02:17 PM   #99
PeaceOut

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8310/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltj13
Quote:
They arent gonna "fix" something that they dont feel is a bug. thats the way its designed. BB's have always been like that.
What would be the reason they would keep the two functions separated? Isn't vibrating and ringing at the same time kind of a given? That's the only fault I find withmy BB. Oh and lack of internal memory.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:18 PM   #100
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

why would you need to vibrate and ring at the same time? they are two seperate notification functions. if your device is vibrating and its on your hip you wont need it to ring, if it isnt near you then you dont need it to vibrate. that obviously just my opinion but having both at the same time seems kinda pointless to me
Closed Thread