Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 08:29 PM   #81
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

Model: 9630
PIN: ????
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Please Login to Remove!

I called my local store . He said I had to switch plans, I said just enter the new feature code. 10 Seconds later he said "whoa, it took it" and now I have the $29.99 Plan on my America's Choice 1400 Minute. I still also get my 20% corporate discount on it as well. Sweet!!! so it's $24.00 I almost feel like I am on Sprint...
Old 11-01-2007, 08:37 PM   #82
amarryat
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsntrenkler View Post
I called my local store . He said I had to switch plans, I said just enter the new feature code. 10 Seconds later he said "whoa, it took it" and now I have the $29.99 Plan on my America's Choice 1400 Minute. I still also get my 20% corporate discount on it as well. Sweet!!! so it's $24.00 I almost feel like I am on Sprint...
Is everyone sure this 29.99 plan is unlimited data?

I just went to the website and went through the process of selecting a voice plan, then an 8830, and then you select features. One of the features you must select is your choice between:

"Email and Web for Blackberry" which is 29.99, and
"Blackberry Solution tm Unlimited Data Usage" which is 44.99.

You can click on either of those to get a description, but nowhere in the description of the 29.99 plan is there any mention of the amount of data you get.

I am also wondering if this means that you can surf and email, but that other applications like IM, viigo or any other app that accesses data won't work.

Last edited by amarryat; 11-01-2007 at 08:41 PM..
Old 11-01-2007, 08:43 PM   #83
mat123
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830

Signed up tonight... Had to "walk her to" the web page with the offer on it, she never heard of a $29.99 bb plan.

Go to:
1) Plans Menu --> Business Plans Menu
2) Under Voice & Data Plans click "Nationwide Email for Business"

She then had to go and "check" to see if I was eligible. Took all of 5 minutes. One thing she said was that this plan would NOT work with IMAP email. All my accounts are POP (I think) so I did the switch!

(I'm on an America's Choice Family Share Plan)
Old 11-01-2007, 09:04 PM   #84
jbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarryat View Post
Is everyone sure this 29.99 plan is unlimited data?

I just went to the website and went through the process of selecting a voice plan, then an 8830, and then you select features. One of the features you must select is your choice between:

"Email and Web for Blackberry" which is 29.99, and
"Blackberry Solution tm Unlimited Data Usage" which is 44.99.

You can click on either of those to get a description, but nowhere in the description of the 29.99 plan is there any mention of the amount of data you get.

I am also wondering if this means that you can surf and email, but that other applications like IM, viigo or any other app that accesses data won't work.
I myself cannot guarantee you but the final customer service rep I talked to ensured me that it was. I was on hold for the majority of my 45 min call for him to check that everything he was saying was correct. He did say that everything is unorganized with these "new" options for Blackberry plans and will be straightened out soon.

P.S. When you click the $44.99 plan it seems to describe BES
Old 11-01-2007, 09:08 PM   #85
ja158948

PIN: 32CCDCF5
Carrier: sprint

Just to let all of you know that Sprint is dropping the bb plan to $30 and that will include unlimited text messages. it start the 3rd of Nov.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:37 PM   #86
TBOLTRAM
BlackBerry Genius

Model: 5S
PIN: & Teller

I called and was told that they would send me the official email they got and I could try and figure out what it meant. I am waiting on the email from the VZW boys.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:57 PM   #87
dogboy

Default Plan changed

I just off phone with Verizon rep. They change my blackberry data plan only (without voice) from $50 to $35.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:08 PM   #88
Grovesfan

I went into my local store today and switched from the $44.99 plan to the $29.99 plan. I was and still am on the America's Choice Family Share Select Plan at 1400 minutes/mo. which includes 1400 shared minutes and unlimited text messaging on all lines. My son's phone also has the additional $5/mo. feature for Mobile Web 2.0. His plan uses airtime minutes for this and NOT data minutes as it now does under the new Nationwide plan unveiled today. This will not change unless I change plans at a later date. All that to say that I'm currently paying $110/mo for the first two lines, $9.99/mo. for each additional line (2 more), $5/mo. for the Mobile Web 2.0 on one line, and $5/mo. for Roadside Assistance for all four lines. That was my FAVORITE feature last week when I ran out of gas on the freeway and they brought me fuel for no charge! $60 a year is pretty good for all the coverage they provide. It's phone specific, not car specific so it works for anyone in my family no matter what they're driving as long as they have their phone with them. Price is $180.46/mo. before taxes, etc. and BEFORE my discounts. I get 17% off my first two lines and 20% off my data plan charges.

Beth
Old 11-02-2007, 01:43 AM   #89
synapse7

Model: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grovesfan View Post
Price is $180.46/mo. before taxes, etc. and BEFORE my discounts. I get 17% off my first two lines and 20% off my data plan charges.
Beth
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsntrenkler View Post
I still also get my 20% corporate discount on it as well. Sweet!!! so it's $24.00 I almost feel like I am on Sprint...
Do all corporate discounts work on the additional costs of the data part of plans? Or what other discounts are available? I'm on the 1400 Family Share Plan but called and was told that corporate discounts only work on the voice parts. I have been a Verizon customer for a long time now and wondered if I could get the corporate discount applied to the new data plan or perhaps another discount. Any ideas?
Old 11-02-2007, 01:48 AM   #90
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat123 View Post
Signed up tonight... Had to "walk her to" the web page with the offer on it, she never heard of a $29.99 bb plan.

Go to:
1) Plans Menu --> Business Plans Menu
2) Under Voice & Data Plans click "Nationwide Email for Business"

She then had to go and "check" to see if I was eligible. Took all of 5 minutes. One thing she said was that this plan would NOT work with IMAP email. All my accounts are POP (I think) so I did the switch!

(I'm on an America's Choice Family Share Plan)
Ummm ... My .mac is IMAP so is Gmail ... After I switched plans I got the the thank you for activating your accounts Messages from the Verizon BIS ... I am happy tell you that IMAP Mail works just fine on the $29.99 plan.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:50 AM   #91
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

Quote:
Originally Posted by synapse7 View Post
Do all corporate discounts work on the additional costs of the data part of plans? Or what other discounts are available? I'm on the 1400 Family Share Plan but called and was told that corporate discounts only work on the voice parts. I have been a Verizon customer for a long time now and wondered if I could get the corporate discount applied to the new data plan or perhaps another discount. Any ideas?
The company I work for offers 20% Discount on Data Plans as well as 15% off of the phone service. I also get 25% off anything in Verizons retail store, I am not sure that all companies discount plans are the same. My company has 30,000 work related cell phones, so it may have something to do with that.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:07 AM   #92
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRSCCivic98 View Post
Free texting to everyone on any network... hard to believe. Free texting period is kind of hard to believe. Maybe someone is overlooking something or you have a free texting package that got grandfathered or something. Can you check your plan options and post what you find. I'm interested if you found a way to do this because I know I pay for mine and to my knowledge they don't have any BB plans that "includes" free texting.
I signed on in January when the americas choice plans came out in march is when the free text to anyone started being offered so i switched then. In may is when i added the blackberry to the plan and have had free texting ever since
Old 11-02-2007, 06:38 AM   #93
amarryat
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbert View Post
I myself cannot guarantee you but the final customer service rep I talked to ensured me that it was. I was on hold for the majority of my 45 min call for him to check that everything he was saying was correct. He did say that everything is unorganized with these "new" options for Blackberry plans and will be straightened out soon.

P.S. When you click the $44.99 plan it seems to describe BES
Can you confirm that your other apps still work, such as Google Maps, Viigo, etc. or whatever you have installed that uses data? Hopefully you won't end up with the new $1.99-per-MB-used charged on your next bill for using those apps.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:55 AM   #94
d5coupe
No longer Registered.

Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarryat View Post
Can you confirm that your other apps still work, such as Google Maps, Viigo, etc. or whatever you have installed that uses data? Hopefully you won't end up with the new $1.99-per-MB-used charged on your next bill for using those apps.
They work perfectly, and there is no additional charges.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:37 AM   #95
amarryat
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by d5coupe View Post
They work perfectly, and there is no additional charges.
I finally got it. This latest rep got me converted over, and did say that the 29.99 plan is unlimited data. The difference is no BES access, but I didn't use that aspect of the data plan anyway. Thanks for all the tips.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:03 AM   #96
JRSCCivic98
No longer Registered.

Carrier: *

Has anyone tried to setup an Exchange OWA account on their BB with this changed plan? I'm interested to know if it works. I'd wager that it probably won't, but I'm basing that completely on how T-Mobile does it's BB plans for BES and BIS. Let us know.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:23 AM   #97
havanese

I just went to my local vz store with a copy of the Internet page showing the new pricing of 29.99.

I told the rep that I wanted to get the new rate (from 44.99 to 29.99). He looked puzzled and say to the other guy behind the desk.

"hey is there a rate cut for unlimited data plans on BB?"

The other guy said " yeah, if it's a BIS acct and not a BES acct".

First guy, "wow that's a big cut in price" - he made the change and I was finished. Now I can take the extra cash and up my home Internet speed from 5 mb to 10 mb.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:27 AM   #98
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

Yep, so far everything works fine. I never used BES, so the change in price is very welcome. Now when they roll out VZ Navigator I can subscribe to it and still pay less than what I was originally paying.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:23 PM   #99
hnsimpson
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8130
PIN: pm me for it

Just changed mine and my wife's plan to the $29.99 plan...

Thanks to this site, I was able to give the Verizon rep instructions.

Took all of 10 minutes...most of that on hold!

Thanks, Blackberry Forums!

-simpson
Old 11-02-2007, 02:03 PM   #100
newbbuser76

Carrier: Verizon - BIS
Default 29.99 Plan information

I just contacted our sales rep here and the information on the order sheet for the new plan was:

73618- (O) -EMAIL & WEB FOR BLACKBERRY $29.99

I believe the "73618" is the optional package number. This may help some of you who are ordering.
Closed Thread