BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 06:56 AM   #61
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Please Login to Remove!

Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adkalra
I figured out what was wrong, and why my itemes delted off of Yahoo would not delete on the blackberry. I was using the 'New' Yahoo. Once I reverted back to the original Yahoo interface my mails reconciles perfectly. Does anyone have the 2 way sync in the new Yahoo interface?
Works for me (delete sync and read sync) with the new Yahoo mail. (8700g, OS 4.1, TMO)
Old 06-04-2007, 10:10 AM   #62
adkalra
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Works for me (delete sync and read sync) with the new Yahoo mail. (8700g, OS 4.1, TMO)
That is really strange. The fact that 2-way sync is working in the original yahoo email, makes me think everything is working from RIM's end. We are both on T-mobile, so likely it is not a problem with T-mobile's implementation. I guess it might be a problem with my Yahoo Account. Anyone else having similar issues?
Old 06-04-2007, 11:04 AM   #63
skippy126

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Question

Hi

I have a few questions regarding this upgrade. First of all, I have Cingular and currently have BIS 2.0. When I log onto the cingular/att website to access your bis account info, I dont get any kind of notification regarding the upgrade or anything asking me if I want to upgrade or not. Ive resent my service books a few times, but nothing seems to change (no calendar attendee option, delivery/read receipts, etc.). When I check on my blackberry to see what platform I'm on (ALT+CAP+H), it is showing under platform that Im still on 2.0. How does one upgrade to this? Has this not officially been released yet or something? Thanks for the help!
Old 06-04-2007, 11:19 AM   #64
donc36
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
I got atendees option in calendar now. Do I have BIS 2.3?

BR
Jaime
If you're on BIS, then yes, sounds like you have 2.3
Old 06-04-2007, 03:19 PM   #65
ebruder
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Default Cingular 8800 with Roger's .90

I have a Cingular/AT&T 8800 on which I am running the latest Rogers is .90 OS, which allows me to get TeleNav on my Bluetooth. Is the new 2.3 version going to be compatible, and forgive a simplistic question, do I need to send service book(s), which I have never done before. If I need to send service book(s), do I need to delete old ones first?

Thanks
Old 06-04-2007, 04:09 PM   #66
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: eapple and ham pizza is good

I finally got 2.3 up and runnig for myself with delete and read synching both ways between Yahoo and BB. 2 Questions:

1. is there any way to have a "sent from BB" message show up on Outlook via POP from Yahoo? I like having a record of what I sent out and use Outlook Express to pop Yahoo.

2. Is there any way to have Outlook express show an e-mail as "read" after poping Yahoo? I have set up Outlook Ex to only "send/receive" every 10 minutes now so if I read and delete on the BB it will never make it to Outlook but I want it to show up as "read" also. That way I do not have to go thru 50 e-mails after being out for 2 days- if I read 'em it will showit.

Thanks for any help,
John
Old 06-05-2007, 12:32 AM   #67
pengrus
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8800

On the cingular BIS account, I do not see an option to open the Wav attachment.

I signed in cingular BIS account, and saw the Sync delete option, and sent the service book. But the open wav attachment menu does not show up.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:39 AM   #68
infernox
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: at&t

I have not been receiving my Gmail and Yahoo emails since early this morning. Resent my Service Book and received the emails for the 3 books without issues but my GMail and Yahoo mail have not been forwarded to my 8800c. I also did soft reset and hard reset.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:25 AM   #69
dkf747
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8520
Carrier: TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4n6doc View Post
T-Mobile has also made the switch to 2.3. Upgrade was automatic and changes in the website are subtle, so many people will probably not realize it has happened. New features are up and operational.
What new features? Everything is still exactly as it was before on my TMO account.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:14 AM   #70
Steve

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint

Wirelessly posted (AT&T (Cingular) 8100 Pearl: BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747
Quote:
T-Mobile has also made the switch to 2.3. Upgrade was automatic and changes in the website are subtle, so many people will probably not realize it has happened. New features are up and operational.
What new features? Everything is still exactly as it was before on my TMO account.
Log into your "My Tmobile" account and then access your BlackBerry Internet Service.

Resend service books.

A quick check is:
In options> advanced options> service books>
You should find (CICAL) as a service for each of your accounts. Similar to the (CMIME) ones.

That should show the calendar functions are installed. (This functionality is my favorite and long awaited. The email delete sync takes second place for me.)

Steve
Old 06-05-2007, 09:43 AM   #71
airjan23

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Default Cingular BIS Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Wirelessly posted (AT&T (Cingular) 8100 Pearl: BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Log into your "My Tmobile" account and then access your BlackBerry Internet Service.

Resend service books.

A quick check is:
You should find (CICAL) as a service for each of your accounts. Similar to the (CMIME) ones.

That should show the calendar functions are installed. (This functionality is my favorite and long awaited. The email delete sync takes second place for me.)

Steve
For Cingular, using the 8100, was it an automatic upgrade and do the service books need to be resent?
Old 06-05-2007, 09:45 AM   #72
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve

Quote:
Quote:

Resend service books.

A quick check is:

Steve
dkf747 reports that he is using 8700g on TMO. If he is not using OS4.2, he won't see the CICAL service books.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:51 AM   #73
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Quote:
You won't see any difference on TMO at first glance. For example, on the page that lists your valid email accounts, "change handheld" is now "change device." And if you are running on OS 4.1 you will not get the email receipts, etc. You do get the two-way sync with Yahoo.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:22 AM   #74
Steve

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by airjan23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post

Resend service books.

A quick check is:

Steve
For Cingular, using the 8100, was it an automatic upgrade and do the service books need to be resent?
I didn't even know it was released until last night.

Any of my calendar appt's I made earlier in the day do not have the ability to add invitees. After I logged in and resent my service books then any appt created since can add invitees. So, my suggestion is still to resend service books.

Steve
Old 06-05-2007, 01:03 PM   #75
dkf747
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:

You won't see any difference on TMO at first glance. For example, on the page that lists your valid email accounts, "change handheld" is now "change device." And if you are running on OS 4.1 you will not get the email receipts, etc. You do get the two-way sync with Yahoo.
I see the "change device". So 2.3 only offers new features, other than 2 way Yahoo, for devices with OS 4.2+? That was never mad clear until now. I guess I will have to consider 4.2 again. I was putting it off for a while.
Thanks.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:15 PM   #76
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Quote:

I see the "change device". So 2.3 only offers new features, other than 2 way Yahoo, for devices with OS 4.2+? That was never mad clear until now. I guess I will have to consider 4.2 again. I was putting it off for a while.
Thanks.
See the thread "North America BIS 2.3 is happening (I think). Post #25 by tomdkat. I'm looking again for the article on blackberry.com and can't find, though it was there Saturday.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:01 AM   #77
dkf747
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:

See the thread "North America BIS 2.3 is happening (I think). Post #25 by tomdkat. I'm looking again for the article on blackberry.com and can't find, though it was there Saturday.
I found that. Resent the service books, pulled the battery, tested Yahoo sync, and - nothing. Tried Gmail and nothing changed there either. I'm using OS 4.1.0.377 (Cingular's OS on a TMO 8700g) if that makes a difference.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:06 AM   #78
infernox
CrackBerry Addict

I have done exactly what you did and both my Gmail and Ymail works for a while then it stops forwarding to my BB. After a couple of days, deleting the service book, resending the service book and pulling out the battery, etc. My gmail is now working but my Ymail worked for a short time and overnight, it stopped again. Anyone know?
Old 06-06-2007, 08:27 AM   #79
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Quote:

I found that. Resent the service books, pulled the battery, tested Yahoo sync, and - nothing. Tried Gmail and nothing changed there either. I'm using OS 4.1.0.377 (Cingular's OS on a TMO 8700g) if that makes a difference.
I don't recall whether you have tried deleting the account on BIS and adding it back again. Have you tried that. Also, have you seen adkalra's posts? He or she has found the sync working when using the old yahoo mail but not in the new yahoo mail. Go figure, but you might see for yourself if you haven't alreay. Other than that...I don't know.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:29 AM   #80
justin.culp
CrackBerry Addict

Model: SOLD

I noticed that if I put a calendar entry into my bb and invite an atendee, it will show up on my google calendar. If I do not invite anyone, it never shows up. Also, if I create the event in my google calendar via the webpage, it does not show up in my bb calendar.

Looks like it is getting closer for true 2 way with gmail, gcal, etc.

Closed Thread